Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedarkstar45
inquisitivetraveler
Male User Gallery

Pot brownie questions
    #4105195 - 04/27/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hey everyone. So ive been smoking for sometime now and have realized that i have never tried pot brownies. so i am planning to bake a batch and just had a few questions.

1. so is 5-6 grams a good amount for 5-6 people?

2. about how long do you think the effect will last when 5-6 grams are used?

3. how does eating pot differ from smoking it?

4. how long do these brownies usually keep for? Could i save some for another day?

5. do you know of any recipes you'd like to recomend?

6. any other tips?

thanks

--------------------
There he goes...
One of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live and too rare to die.

Edited by darkstar45 (04/27/05 11:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: darkstar45]
    #4105284 - 04/27/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well im too lazy to answer any of the other questions since im about 15 seconds from going to bed, but your answer to....

3. how does eating pot differ from smoking it?

its MUCH stronger if you use enough weed..it even makes schwag weed (which is all i was ever able to obtain) seem like high quality shit. not to mention you get super stoned and it lasts much much longer

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineMrBucket
Stranger

Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: SuperD]
    #4105408 - 04/27/05 11:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

1. From my experience .5g seems like plenty but ive had 1g before and it just lasts longer
2. Oh atleast 12 hours
3. More of a body high and it can feel alot more intense
4. http://applesoft.com/brownies/ follow that exactly, I've used it plenty of times and its always come out perfect
5. The effects take alot longer to be felt (up to 2 hours) so don't chow down on another becuase you don't think you had enough or its not working right.

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: MrBucket]
    #4105531 - 04/28/05 12:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

2g if you want to see the full effects of weed. This trip usually lasts 2-3 days. brownies tend to get bad pretty quick, i think its because ghee is used instead of butter.

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
    #4105568 - 04/28/05 12:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Two saturdays ago between 7 of us we made a whole cake of brownies with 9g hash 5g bud so 14g total. two people were incapacitated in about 2 hrs whule the rest of us went nuts smoking a half ounce.

I went to fucking taco bell and the lady at the window (2 in the morning), after i asked for an additional 2 waters, remarks "For the cotton mouth huh?"

lol damnit

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: Abermelin]
    #4106779 - 04/28/05 11:54 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

WHOA 2g and a 2-3 day experience?
You are lucky if you can achieve that.

The more pot you put in the more powerful it will be. I would not consider making brownies unless I had at least five or six grams or even more. But I like my brownies good and strong.
However, I think only few have the sensitivty that ol Abremelin has here.

Who uses Ghee? Most brownie recipes I have used don't usually call for milk. It's in the butter or oil. Vegetable oil has always worked better than butter for me.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineArf
Mcgoo

Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: mecreateme]
    #4107256 - 04/28/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i have "tripped" quite a good few times off oral dosages (always hash) and i have to say that ive never been awake long enough to come down (no joke!) and on intensity levels - its a hell of a lot stronger than smokin and i would say its quite different (but not drastically) if you want to have a lot of fun - eat it then smoke a big fat joint. ive had some CEV's, VERY subtle OEV's and a really strange thought pattern with loops and revelations about childhood etc......man i should write a trip report......

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: Arf]
    #4107702 - 04/28/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

WHOA 2g and a 2-3 day experience?
You are lucky if you can achieve that.

i mean your still high for the 2nd and 3rd day, its not like your still tripping. i meant 2g per person. Of course this could have been because i dont smoke much, so i have a lower tolerance. Thats the only way to take brownies, dont smoke for a week before.

Quote:

Who uses Ghee? Most brownie recipes I have used don't usually call for milk. It's in the butter or oil. Vegetable oil has always worked better than butter for me.

ghee is butter fat, not milk. i did a bit of weed and accidently used that crappy vegetable based butter, country crock or something, and my product was weak and became inactive within a few days. The best butter to use to make ghee is regular ole butter.

Ive never used vege oil before, wonder if olive oil would work.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: Abermelin]
    #4107813 - 04/28/05 04:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

They both work great, much better than butter, IMO.
I call that light high an afterglow, and it is not as good as being high. The best way is not to smoke, but it is rare to find someone with bud who doesn't smoke it, barring medical reasons, like they can't smoke.

Sorry, I got ghee mixed up with bhange.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #4109579 - 04/29/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I recently made some pot cookies with some of the bud I normally smoke. Turned out good and are VERY strong. About 6-7 grams and it made 12 cookies. 1/2 a cookie is enough for a decent stonage.
A tip is to just find a normal cookie/brownie recipe and for the butter, throw the amount needed into a frying pan with the amount of bud you want to use. Let it cook into the butter for a few minutes, then just add the whole thing to the rest of the recipe. You can strain the pot out if you want, but I just left it in as it was grinded up anyway. You can see and taste the pot in the cookies I made, but it's not bad tasting. I had to be careful not to eat more than 1 cause they tasted so good.
Not sure how long brownies last, but if kept in an airtight tupperware container, they could last a week or so. Cookies last a bit longer, so that's the main reason I made those.
Unsure about the length of the effects from eating it, but that's because I could never stay up long enough until the come down.
It's quite different from smoking - a slow, gradual build up (reminds me of waiting for acid to kick in) and once you feel it, it keeps building until the peak has been reached. Sometimes it feels like it keep building, even hours later :laugh: It's almost psychedelic when you eat enough - slight visuals and everything is a lot trippier than when you smoke. Watched the Primus DVD (Animals Should Not Try To Act Like People, DVD with all their videos) and had my mouth open the whole time. Awesome stuff.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: Sheepish]
    #4110189 - 04/29/05 08:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The longer you cook the pot, at a low temperature cause it can burn, the better. I also never liked it when the pot was still included in the food. Much better to strain it, IMO.

One time I made a whole batch of brownies and ate them all on the 4th of July. I couldn't even keep myself awake to watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force. And I had the worst shwag headache I have ever had in my entire life. Fucking shwag. :thumbdown: :mad2:

--------------------

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Loc: Dunder Mifflin
Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: mecreateme]
    #4134938 - 05/04/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I recommend this:

Go out and buy yourself as much weed of the highest quality you can find, then go get chocolate bars and strawberries. Then melt the chocolate on a low flame/low heat and saute it (so the chocolate absorbs the THC) for um....however long you want. I don't know how long it takes but the longer, the better :smile:. Then let the choc. cool off a little and cover the strawberries in the chocolate and eat them then or later. Another thing you could do is do it fondo style. Dip the strawberries into the liquid chocolate.
I wouldn't use a whole bunch of chocolate, because then the THC is all spead out instead of like, a lot of THC in a little chocolate.

My dream has to been to buy a regular hershey's bar and then saute a fucking 1/8th in it and eat it.

Edited by DrPeppar (05/04/05 09:30 PM)

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
click here: [Re: shroomanic]
    #4136516 - 05/05/05 06:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineCLUTCH
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: Sheepish]
    #4137311 - 05/05/05 11:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sheepish said:
Watched the Primus DVD (Animals Should Not Try To Act Like People, DVD with all their videos) and had my mouth open the whole time. Awesome stuff.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offlinescrname
Stranger

Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: CLUTCH]
    #4137333 - 05/05/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have heard that when one makes the brownie the whole house smells like pot, is this true?

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: scrname]
    #4145184 - 05/07/05 05:39 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The house can get a lil stinky after cooking, yes. And the cookies tend to reak as well. Nothing a few hours of airing out the kitchen can't change. Would recommend you don't do it when your parents will be home in 30 mins.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: Pot brownie questions [Re: scrname]
    #4145250 - 05/07/05 07:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do this: Find cheapest weed possible (mass amount)

1) Go get whatever your like from store (99cent brownie/cookie/muffin mixes do well) Using the recipes with OIL seems easier then butter (explained in a sec)
2) grind up herb (coffe grinder is good)
3) Make a double boiler thing (pot of boiling water with oter pot in it)
3) add oil and let it warm up (while the water is boiling)
4) add ground up herb.
5) stir every few minutes for 35 minutes (till oil is green and herb brownish)
6) remove and strain (do not use a coffe filter! go get a 2 dollar metal screen thing)
7) squeeze out excess from herb
8) now the ease of oil! Add enough oil to even out the amount per the recipe
9) Follow recipe
10) bake an extra 4-6 minutes then normal
11) Non smelling non tasting herb cookies/cupcakes/brownies or what have you.

My friend usally adds 14-28 grams per recipe.

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale