Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Grinding & Storing Dry Shroomies
    #409929 - 10/01/01 07:45 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I'm thinking that ground up shroom powder put in something edible (or drinkable) may be the only way I will be able to consume my goodies. I chewed a teeny chunk fresh, and it was pretty gross. Just now I chewed a teeny chunk dry, and it wasn't much of an improvement. I'd like to hear how people are grinding them up - will the coffee grinder I use for the brown rice or my regular old blender work?
Also, any methods you have for short term dry (or powder) storage (> a month) using items that most people have in their homes. I've read that I shouldn't use plastic as the outer container - what have you used?

Support the Free Spore Ring

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletriptor

Loc: Confussion
Re: Grinding & Storing Dry Shroomies [Re: babyshroom]
    #409934 - 10/01/01 08:02 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I know people who only use theirs ground up as this ensures the best delivery of alkaloids to the body. They use a coffee grinder when the lil guys are cracker dry. Plastic Is fine what have you heard about that? As for storage if they are dry you can store them for a long time. 6 months without any real loss of power

Zippity freakin doo dah

--------------------
Zippity freakin doo dah

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Loc: Canada
    #409944 - 10/01/01 08:21 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I use the same coffee grinder you mention fo grind the mushrooms. I then use size"OO" gelatin capsules and a capsule machine (both available on the net) so I never have to taste a thing! For 1000 caps. I pay $15.00 and the capsule machine (that is the brand name) is about the same. Each
capsule, when filled with dry mushroom powder is exactly half a gram. My friend finds it much easier to distribute them (to other friends) in capsule form.
Here are picture of the capsules, the ones on the left are empty and I will let you guess about the ones on the right.
Here is the famous "Capsule Machine".

Here is the link to the Capsule Machine, here you can get both the machine and empty capsules...and this is where I got mine.
http://www.scottsdaleabode.com/capsule/

Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact helpmejebus@hotmail.com

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact [email]helpmejebus@hotmail.com[/email]

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #409950 - 10/01/01 08:31 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

You can always mix your ground shrooms into a cold drink. Milk, banana and chocolate syrup. This for consumption, not storage.

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Grinding & Storing Dry Shroomies [Re: puscle]
    #410011 - 10/01/01 10:21 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I think I picked up the info about not storing in plastic here under the grow mushroom section on the first page, from there to preserving. Now that I think about it, I may have been looking at long term storage. After seeing the lovely capsule machine, though, I think it may be time to whip out the old credit card. This looks like a great way to handle my goodies. Can the pills then be stored in a small container with a pack of dessicant? I saw something about using an emptied teabag and putting some dessicant in there. Will this cause any damage to the capsules?

--------------------

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

#410016 - 10/01/01 10:36 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yes and if you get it from that capsule machine guy, he includes a few large packages of dessicants with the order.
Just to let you know, I am not connected to this guys bussiness in any way, I just like his products.

Cheers,

--------------------
Cheers,

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

Re: Grinding & Storing Dry Shroomies [Re: jebus2000]
    #410117 - 10/01/01 01:05 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Capsule machine and capsules work just great. My capsule machine's top doesnt fit and they just fall out when i try it, so i cap them individually.
still, once you take them, whoaaaaaaaa, they all kick in at once, seems stronger in a way to me =)
Since ther all ground up i imagine its less nasuea and time to digest and such....
all gooooooooooooooooooooood if u got the time to cap em and they aer 100% dry.

,'~

--------------------
,'~Þ

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

#410118 - 10/01/01 01:05 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Capsule machine and capsules work just great. My capsule machine's top doesnt fit and they just fall out when i try it, so i cap them individually.
still, once you take them, whoaaaaaaaa, they all kick in at once, seems stronger in a way to me =)
Since ther all ground up i imagine its less nasuea and time to digest and such....
all gooooooooooooooooooooood if u got the time to cap em and they are 100% dry.

,'~

--------------------
,'~Þ

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Grinding & Storing Dry Shroomies [Re: WildLASER]
    #412357 - 10/03/01 10:37 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Fixing to purchase the capsule machine, but have one last question. For those of you who have used it, do you agree that 00 caps hold 1/2 gram? Is this by tamping powder down, or leaving loose? Does everyone use the 00 size? Hope there are a few of you out there, would like some feedback before I decide what size to order. Thanks!!

--------------------

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

#412401 - 10/03/01 11:28 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Go read the capsule teks in the how to dose section of this site before asking redundant questions.

darkfly

-- too much trippin and my soul is worn thin

--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

OfflineNewbieShroomer

Loc: San Diego California Baby...
Re: Grinding & Storing Dry Shroomies [Re: darkfly]
    #412484 - 10/03/01 12:57 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"redundant questions"

Redundant? At the shroomery? LOL! No way, I don't believe it for a second, I have never seen anything here posted by someone who has not researched thier subject entirely! Never!!! Nothing!!!! LOL! I always found the taste of mushrooms to be very, very nice myself. Not wet, but dry I have no problems chewing them up whole and raw and gulping them down without even water.... Ahhhhhhh yes, sweet memories... But then again, I like the burn and flavor of some of the whiter drugs and there's very few green drugs I dislike the taste of... None, unless they are really brown... Yuck. Must be something in the air :0) Re: not storing shrooms in plastic. Hmmm, probably the best way to store them is vacuum packed, in... rubber? No, thats not it... Steel?? HMmm, thats kinda hard to work with without a welder. A live cat? Hmmm, sounds messy... PLastic Baggies? Hey! That could be it! I think we're on to something here!!! If anyone has alternative storage teks, beyond anything I have seen so far available on the net, I would like to hear them :) Oh, and thanks so much for the link to the capsules! :) What a great deal! Take care!

--------------------
If things get any worse, I'll have to ask you to stop helping me.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.
http://www.Mycotopia.net

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Re: Grinding & Storing Dry Shroomies [Re: NewbieShroomer]
    #412517 - 10/03/01 01:28 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well now, darkfly, aren't you a pleasant one? So VERY sorry for wasting your valuable time. I'm sure there are plenty of newer growers who would be interested in the machine, the caps, and other users' experiences and opinions on this product.
As far as reading teks, I spend appx 4 hours a day on this site for the last several weeks, and have read the vast majority of text available, followed dozens of links, ordered from numerous suppliers, and answered a number of redundant posts myself....with not so much as a curt word.
Are you as nice in person? If so, I feel for your friends.
Have a lovely day.

--------------------

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

#412536 - 10/03/01 01:47 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

MMk, Im sorry if I came off as a dick in my reply to this thread. but everything you have asked here is available by spending 5 minutes and clicking on the (2) Capsule teks hosted here at the shroomery. You are perfectly fine with asking questions as this is what this board is here for, I was just helping to save words as everything is outlined here in detail in the (2) capsule teks available. This seems very redundant to me when questions must be asked about something that could be answered in 2 minutes by reading. Again im sorry for coming off as a dick, but this happens so many times here that I must voice my opinion at least once. This is similair to a situation anyone who has ever been on IRC has experienced, people will join the room and ask a question that is clearly answered in the topic bar of the chat.

darkfly

--------------------

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

#412552 - 10/03/01 01:55 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

After Tamping down and filled to capacity they all weigh .6 grams (0.5 g shroom and 0 1g capsule)

Cheers,

--------------------
Cheers,

Offlinebabyshroom
addict
    #412571 - 10/03/01 02:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

darkly...apology accepted. I don't have a dick, but I do have pms sometimes, causing coworkers to call me a dickhead on occasion.
grenade01...I'm sure you're right, but I have a horrible fear of puking. I am the type who will stay awake all night long with my head between my legs, trying to avoid one little old puking session. Maybe down the road, after trying a few varieties and feeling a little more confident that I won't get that pukey feeling.....
jebus2000...thanks for the reply. I'm off to order now
btw....I did go check the capsule teks, but I must be overlooking the part where my particular question was covered. I found info on making your own capsule machine and 000 caps, but didn't locate anything on the product I plan to purchase. Knowing nothing about cap sizes, I assume that different caps hold different amounts.
I have learned several lessons the hard way with this hobby, already. Trying to (finally) be smart enough to ask questions before I spend my money.
In my dreams...

--------------------

Offlinepunkgeek
Stranger
Loc: Santa Fe, NM
    #412579 - 10/03/01 02:16 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yep - by searching for "000 capsule" on Yahoo Shopping you can find tampers and empty gelcaps. My neighbor's monkey used to eat shrooms or make tea, but since trying gelcaps he is never going back. The reasons:
- Long preservation
- Easy dosing
- NO STOMACH UPSET (your milage may vary)
- No taste

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

Re: Grinding & Storing Dry Shroomies [Re: punkgeek]
    #412584 - 10/03/01 02:21 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, different capsule sizes hold different amounts. The journeyman tek recommends using "000" capsules, but then later on in the canon capsule tek he mentions that "00" capsules are likely a better choice do to the fact they hold .5 grams of shroom powder ( this was done through research as different substances will weigh different amounts in the capsule). I have found that you do need to tamp them a bit as to allow the powder to completely fill the capsule once the top is put on. Also from the canon capsule tek is
In reply to:

On a triple beam these caps, filled, weigh about exactly 600mg, and with the gel cap that is 500mg of shroom powder - or 1/2 gram. As long as you use the correct gel cap size "OO" and fill them well, they will all be 1/2 gram doses.

Also, if you are in need of refills, GNC and other similair nutrition stores do carry the gelatin capsules. But be carefull in health food stores as their capsules are usually made from vegetable products [Veggie Caps] because of vegans and what not due to the fact gelatin is made from some animal part. I have also heard these vegetable based ones take much longer to dissolve.

darkfly

Edited by darkfly on 10/03/01 03:27 PM.

--------------------

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #412945 - 10/03/01 08:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hi Babyshroom.
You have a fear of puking:) I think I can help put those thoughts at ease and hopefully you can enjoy your experiences a bit more:)

Dried mushrooms are just that....dried. The human body likes to have some moisture in its food while its being digested. If you puke on shrooms then you'll probably get a little sick on dried fruit, (apricots, banana/apple chips, etc..)

Basically your body is working much harder to digest those very hard, dried up foods. Your body works hard and if you have a "not so sensative belly" you'll puke it up. Its just your bodies natural defense. You can overcome this by griding them up into capsules, or just chew them up throughly!

Chew, chew, chew!!!!! If you don't like the taste, but like crunchy peanut butter. Go get some creamy peanut butter and but some sliced up mushrooms on it. When you eat it you won't taste the shrooms but you'll get a crunch from time to time. Just rememeber to chew A WHOLE BUNCH:)

Capsules work so well mostly because your body doesn't need to do half the work of digesting them. Plus transportation is easier:)

Hope that helps

Lana

Distributors of Mycological Products

http://www.MycoSupply.com

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Grinding & Storing Dry Shroomies [Re: darkfly]
    #412966 - 10/03/01 08:47 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

If you had such a problem with a question being asked, then why respond at all? It was not addressed to you and if anything is "redundant" it is going to great effort to prove your point (that the info. was already available) when all was needed was one line to answer her question.
Please don't be rude to people that are simply trying to learn. All it does it make people less likely to ask a question and I for one, come here daily to offer what experience I have, to help others enjoy a hobbie, that has given me years of joy.
Bottom line....Please be polite and don't run people down to try to make yourself feel superior, it just makes you look weak and discourages others.

I would hope that this would not turn into a flame war, I just want to see people here in this great community start to treat each other with more respect.

Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek <a target="_blank" href=http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm >http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm </a>
Contact <a href="mailto: helpmejebus@hotmail.com"> helpmejebus@hotmail.com</a>

Edited by jebus2000 on 10/03/01 09:50 PM.

--------------------
Cheers,

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

#413016 - 10/03/01 09:40 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I appologized, stated why I did what I did, then proceeded to answer the question and offer a little usefull advice as well. sorry dude

darkfly

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag