Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineneurochasm
Stranger
drying via fan
    #409924 - 10/01/01 07:41 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hi, no dessicant here, I've just got a fan sitting on my product... it's been close to 24 hours so far. I plan on eating my crop in about a month.. will they last that long without dessicant drying?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: drying via fan [Re: neurochasm]
    #409939 - 10/01/01 08:11 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

No. They will decrease in potency unless they're totally dry.

Offlineaenima
Loc: UK
Re: drying via fan [Re: puscle]
    #411024 - 10/02/01 07:30 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

same prob, can't get em 100% dry, or even snapping dry. Can't find any damn decassient, :(

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I've been wallowing in my own confused, insecure dellusions

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I've been wallowing in my own confused, insecure dellusions

OfflineAnimalChin

Loc: US of A
Re: drying via fan [Re: aenima]
    #411074 - 10/02/01 09:04 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well I have not tried it yet , but someone posted ,what sounded like it would be an efective alternative. Get some epsom salts and bake it in the oven for a while to get all the moisture out of it, then BOOM! You have home made desacant ( sort of). I would prolly recomend using a fan as well. So stick um in the path of a fan for a day , then throw um in a epsom salt chamber. And everyone can get epsom salt!!!

" Who among us has not snuck into the break room for a Love Newton?"

--------------------
A Bird in the hand is Dead.

Offlinemew
Re: drying via fan [Re: aenima]
    #411075 - 10/02/01 09:05 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

You guys live in caves er sumthin ?go to a large builder supply store ,lumber yard ,you know the ones an ask for damp rid or sum such name tellem ya need it to lower the moisture in yer closet er basement sos ya can paint ,the fan is good to preliminary dry as ya know may be set in sun light to help further dry ya you'd lose sum potency but prolly not a real lot just eat a few more ,after drying get those dessicant thingys the put in prescription med bottles or vitamin bottles an add one er two of them to yer funguys ,an use glass bottles to store the dont breath as bad as plastic if obtainable ,ive heard you can mix vinegar an baking soda?to get carbon dioxide gas like dropem ina pop bottle ehen the gas forms ya could put a balloon over it to capture sum gas then fill yer glass bottle [do the best ya can here with it to displace the oxygen should help for long term storage,sun drying has been done for longer than any one can remember and is still used to this day by many indigenous peoples as a way to preserve their goodies ,ya also might try coating them with honey another ancient tech.Mew

support the FSR

--------------------
support the FSR

OfflineRashiki
enthusiast

Re: drying via fan [Re: neurochasm]
    #411319 - 10/02/01 02:21 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

You can find silica gel (dessicant) at a craft store such as micheals or hobby lobby or any old craft store i would imagine, in the flowers section. It is used to dry out flowers.

love the life you live, live the life you love

--------------------
love the life you live, live the life you love

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale