Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Shroomery is in danger!!!!
    #408926 - 09/30/01 03:02 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

OK, well since me and 3D took over we've been making moves to ensure the future of this website. We've added advertisements from our friends who run businesses involved with our hobby.

Well sadly I have to announce this, as of today September 30th, 2001 the Shroomery faces its biggest challenge yet.

I have to come up with $1,000 US dollars, if not this website will shut down. I've been funding this website out of my own pocket for a while now, and when Aphex gave me control of this website he obviously knew that the future of this website was all about getting $$$ to continue this unique community.

I've literally been paying money that I don't have, and all because I figured that eventually things would turn around and I would get enough monthly income to support this website.

If you honestly want this community to continue I urge you to donate to our cause, paypal accepts any donations VIA thor@shroomery.org

I hate more than anything to ask for help, I've always felt that no matter the situation I could work it out on my own, but today I face a seriously tough situation. I've litterally put my ass on the line with my Visa card, and now I have either 2 choices..... Sell my personal belongings to pay the ever increasing bill, or shut down the shroomery and survive.....

I'm sorry but even with my love for this community I must choose my own life over all yours, and its one of the toughest days of my life financially.

If you want the shroomery to live, please give generously to the Shroomery at the www.paypal.com ...... If not, please say your farewells to this community, our time is short.

No matter what happens I have to say this, I've learned to love a community of people so varied and unique that I don't think in a life without the shroomery I would have had the oppertunity to experience so much, I've met some amazing people and gotten a chance to meet so many of you either in person or via the net........

I hope things continue, if not I hope we can all continue somewhere else.... the Forest Floor which is run by Eddie is a great community and if we don't find a future here we can all find ourselves at www.theforestfloor.com

To all of us, please accept my personal apology, I feel that I've let you all down. I took this job hoping beyond all to make this place safe and secure. I realize now that is more of a difficult task than I imagined.

When the Shroomery goes down, we will save all our info, one day in the future we will get the help we need and one day we will rise again!

My thanks to all you moderators and all of you who have done so much to bring the power of magic mushrooms to the world.

One day we will realize how important the magic mushroom is to us all.

My thanks for our time together, its been an experience I won't ever forget!

Cheers,

Thor........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePjS
Jack Of AllDongs

Loc: gototheshow dot com
Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: Thor]
    #408943 - 09/30/01 03:15 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I'm broke and have no credit card.
Moral support doesn't pay the bills I'm afraid.
Don't let the shroomery die, I might be forced to get a life or something.

Ebola is a wonderful thing.

--------------------

(Ped) Slavery leads to rebellion which leads to liquor store robberies, rap and hip-hop

OfflineL3D
enthusiast
    #409018 - 09/30/01 06:23 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thor,
sorry about the cash problems belive me i understand. I am at the point where i have a -$$ status on my credit cards. However io have gained a lot of knowledge from this website and want to do my part. If you could PM me an address i will mail you some cash or a money order.

As for everyone else we need to do our part here. I kno that a good number of the people here have gained a ton of knwledge not to mention gained the ability to grow these magic beauties. this site is the best source of info i have been able to find and the forum have some very knowledgeable peole here to help with anything you need.

So fellow shroomers I urdge you to send what you can. think about how much better it would be to go with out a pack or 2 of cigs and send that cash in than to loose all your caseings the next time something goes wrong and you can not ask a question on here or find the latest teks.

L3D

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#409019 - 09/30/01 06:29 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Thor, I have a question. You say you need $1000 to keep the site up. I figure the site has something more like a monthly operating expense- so how long would that $1000 last? Could you instead put this in terms of a monthly expense?

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: djfrog]
    #409030 - 09/30/01 07:38 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

hmm, well we have about 9000 members here, right? well dont each of us send like 5 dollars, even if only 3000 of us send that, it would be way over 1000, so what do u people think, but people better fuckin send, cause if only like 10 of us send him money, it would be a fuckin waste for us. so what do u people think, i got 5 dollars in wallet right now, which ive had for a while and not spendin it. so i could send that, but other people would have to send money too.

PsYcoPaThic JuggaLotus is at your fuckin door with a bloody hatchet, gettin ready to split some backs.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Anonymous

Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: downforpot]
    #409046 - 09/30/01 08:16 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Gee, all we need is 50 people to send $20.

Don't you have an address we could send cash too? Not everybody is hooked up to Paypal.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: ]
    #409051 - 09/30/01 08:27 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i dont have 20 dollars, so ill just send 5 dollars, i gotta buy more rice and verm if my jars dont colonize.

PsYcoPaThic JuggaLotus is at your fuckin door with a bloody hatchet, gettin ready to split some backs.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Loc: Canada
    #409060 - 09/30/01 08:54 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Make that $970! I just sent $30.00 and I hope that all of the people that benefit from this BBS will donate somthing. When you donate please continue to subtact your donation from the total.
I do not want the shroomery to go down and so I have given money to help ensure that. For those reading this, I would like you to ask yourself if you have EVER benefited from the info. available here at the shroomery and since we all have, send some money to Thor as a token of thanks. This is the time that ALL members should join together and give, or the place we all share will be gone. So, please give what you can...

$970 AND COUNTING...I WILL NOT LET THE SHROOMERY GO! WHO ELSE IS WILLING TO HELP THOR?

Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact helpmejebus@hotmail.com

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact [email]helpmejebus@hotmail.com[/email]

OfflineDrAbeLincoln
enthusiast

Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: jebus2000]
    #409063 - 09/30/01 09:13 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Make it 960 I just donated a meager 10 dollars but I guess any little bit helps. I think everyone should donate more money...lets get over 1000 dollars so we dont run into this problem again. I'll be making another donation this Friday when I get paid. Come on guys lets pull through on this one!!

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: DrAbeLincoln]
    #409069 - 09/30/01 09:21 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: ralphster44]
    #409074 - 09/30/01 09:38 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hi Thor could you PM me with a payment address. I'll do what I can:), I dont want to lose my friends here at the shroomery.  bluhoney

information posted is for entertainment purposes only and should not be attempted in real life

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Invisiblethedm9
    #409076 - 09/30/01 09:42 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I just sent $25. Hope it helps.

Thanks,

thedm

Offlinegusb232

Loc: pm me
    #409093 - 09/30/01 10:07 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I got five on it. Hell i will send ten, another five bucks wont make me that much broker. Considering all the bandwith ive eaten up, is a small price. I cant image ther not being a shroomery.
Thanks.

The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible.
Eistein

Offlineoscar1011
journeyman
Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: gusb232]
    #409097 - 09/30/01 10:16 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i am a newbie but this is the most informational site about this kinda stuff. everyone is great around here. if some one wants to mail me an adress to send a money order i will send ten. i would hate to see this site go to shit. i have learned everything from this site.. i hope we can raise enough money. i hope more people will read this and realize that this is a great community

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #409101 - 09/30/01 10:32 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

We all hate what's happening to the internet. I anyone else has noticed, many sites are shuting down and teh only ones which are surviving are ones which are converting to membership sites. Like someone already said, if everyone sent 5$.. Well what if there was a 10 dollar or 5 dollar anual fee to be member? Or even something like 1$ a month.. It would be more then enough to keep this community running, and theres no one who could deny 1$ a month to be worth the things you would gain. Just wondering Thor, but how much is the current hosting package with cihost.com ...? They are good.. but they aren't cheap. Maybe sacrficing server speed for total loss would be an option... More as this develops.

Namaste

Offlinepunkgeek
Stranger
Loc: Santa Fe, NM
    #409105 - 09/30/01 10:38 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

$20 just donated. keep up the shroomery.

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: punkgeek]
    #409137 - 09/30/01 11:16 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I have a suggestion...how about every vendor that actively posts here and sells their wares contribute like $50 dollars...im sure they already do add a lot in advertising...but that could really help and it would demonstrate positive commitment to the community...

and by the way...the shroomery is a great place and so is the forest floor...for different reasons...if the shroomery goes down...another alternative would have to go up than send everyone over to the forestfloor...we are very protective of our little community...and Eddy doesn't run it either...he was kind enough to donate the server space and help get the site up and running in our time of need after DD went down...but we all run the site...jim i think would be our most official spokesperson.

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: punkgeek]
    #409139 - 09/30/01 11:25 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

$30 donated. this shouldnt be a one time thing- those who can... man, send every month. even if its just a little... best of luck thor.

but i dont believe you should be in the red to keep this place going.

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Invisiblemrshrums
Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: oscill8]
    #409143 - 09/30/01 11:30 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Chalk up another $20.... Don't know where we currently stand but there should be no problem getting that amount between all the people on this board. This place rocks and
is an invaluable resource. Please keep us informed Thor
so those who can, can do more if neccessary.

Offlinedickthebeast
Stranger
Re: Shroomery is in danger!!!! [Re: mrshrums]
    #409153 - 09/30/01 11:40 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hi Thor could you PM me with a payment address. This is an awesome community, I'd hate to see it go.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds