Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNyahbinghi
Stranger

Loc: Mt. Zion
Anyone own a copy of Dr. Pollock's book?
    #408533 - 09/29/01 07:19 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Does anyone here happen to have a copy of Dr. Steven H. Pollock's "Magic Mushroom Cultivation"? Unfortunately, my copy was stolen a few years ago and I am looking for the ratio of water to brown rice that he used for his rice cake method. Can anyone help?

--------------------
---------------------------
Preservation through dissemination.
When they try to keep me down, [red]J[/red][yellow]A[/yellow][green]H[/green] put I around.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: Anyone own a copy of Dr. Pollock's book? [Re: Nyahbinghi]
    #408620 - 09/29/01 09:22 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Just happen to have a copy of that right here :smile:  The old school........... " Into quart jars place 1/4 cup brown rice & between 1/3 to 1/2 cup water. More than 1/2 cup will turn rice cake into mush and 1/3 cup leads to a dry cake". Just a tad under 1/2 cup and a tad over 1/3 cup should be close to perfect for mycelia growth.Nice thing about lots of pure rice cake substrate is if you get anxious and have a lot of jars...  a fully colonized rice cake makes an excellent tea for 2 to 4 people to trip nicely. Believe me I`ve tried.......  lol

?But I don?t want to go among mad people,? Alice remarked.
?Oh, you can?t help that,? said the Cat: I`m mad,Your mad.we`re ALL MAD!!!!  hahahahaha"

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

InvisibleNyahbinghi
Stranger

Re: Anyone own a copy of Dr. Pollock's book? [Re: Numba9]
    #408626 - 09/29/01 09:36 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you so much for that. Yes, very old school indeed as am I. When the proper ratio is mastered, this method is very nice. Since the cake is so small, colonization and fruiting are very, very fast. After 3 to 4 flushes the cake is small enough that it can be tumped from a small mouth mason easily. The smaller the cake, the more people it serves :)

Back in the olden days these cakes were more popular with my friends than the mushrooms themselves.

This method is extremely simply and has the bonus of leaving you with a cake that can be consumed since it consists of nothing but brown rice and mycelium. Too bad this old school "Tek" isn't more widely disseminated.

Massive respect to the late Dr. Pollard, a true saint of the ethnomycology world.

--------------------
When they try to keep me down, [red]J[/red][yellow]A[/yellow][green]H[/green] put I around.

Offlinejosh666
enthusiast

Loc: U.S.A.
    #411364 - 10/02/01 03:15 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

you can consume the cake to trip??

InvisibleNyahbinghi
Stranger

Re: Anyone own a copy of Dr. Pollock's book? [Re: josh666]
    #411405 - 10/02/01 03:40 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, as long as there is no contamination it is nothing but brown rice and concentrated mycelium.

Jah guide. When I'm walking the streets. When I'm smoking my pipe. When I'm troddin the earth. When I'm driving the road. When they dig pits in my way. When they try to keep me down, Jah put I around.

--------------------

Offlinejosh666
enthusiast

#411407 - 10/02/01 03:43 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

And consuming it will actually make u trip?? what about spent cakes that don't produce anymore??

InvisibleNyahbinghi
Stranger

#411434 - 10/02/01 04:15 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

That is when you consume the cake. The more flushes the cake produces, the more potent it becomes. Cakes that have produced 4 or 5 flushes become extremely potent.

Jah guide. When I'm walking the streets. When I'm smoking my pipe. When I'm troddin the earth. When I'm driving the road. When they dig pits in my way. When they try to keep me down, Jah put I around.

--------------------

Offlinejosh666
enthusiast

#411450 - 10/02/01 04:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I don't understand how the cakes make u trip?? the shrooms are what contain the psilocybin......I'm very curious about this....plz inform me, more!

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #411458 - 10/02/01 04:40 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

shooms are made from mycelium...wich contains psilocybine

IL_FUNGO_SACRO la coltivazione, gli enteogeni, in italiano
Support the FSR

Offlinejosh666
enthusiast

Re: Anyone own a copy of Dr. Pollock's book? [Re: CLuB99]
    #411503 - 10/02/01 05:14 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

so, what kind of dosage are we talkin' here?? I mean....how many 1/2 pint spent cakes do u have to eat for a good trip?? And how do most people eat them?? I mean....i'm sure they taste NASTY!! Are there any ways to mask the taste??

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

#411532 - 10/02/01 05:37 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

My cakes were halfway up a quart jar and they were like taking about and 1/8th or more of shrooms .... tripped HARD !!!!!!!:)  The best way to mask flavor for me was place them is hot water for about  10 minutes and make a tea . strain the rye or wheat berry through a cloth of some kind.. The good stuff will be in the water.... then add enough honey to mask
the flavor. An exhausted cake this size will be a strong trip for 2.. or mild one for 4  I`ve also heard that soaking them in cranberry juice is a good way to extract the alkaloids.. then filter and drink:)

?Oh, you can?t help that,? said the Cat: I`m mad,Your mad.we`re ALL MAD!!!!  hahahahaha"

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

#411536 - 10/02/01 05:40 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

By the way...... the more blue running through the cake when you make tea.. .....  the stronger the trip will be :smile:

--------------------

Offlinejosh666
enthusiast

#411558 - 10/02/01 06:02 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

So, i just put the cake in hot water for 10 min......strain and drink?

I don't know what u mean when u say to strain the rye or wheat berry thru a cloth of some kind?

Can I just put in regular water for 10 min....strain and drink?

Edited by josh666 on 10/02/01 07:04 PM.

InvisibleFloydster
journeyman
 User Gallery
    #411564 - 10/02/01 06:07 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Recommendation: Dont eat the cakes. Make a Nectar. This is how some folks have done it, so Ive heard. Remove a fully colonized cake from jar. Inspect it for any signs of contamination. If it looks good then lay it on a clean cutting board. With a sharp knife make slices about an inch thick. Look at the inside of the cuts and make sure theres no contams. Then take the slices one by one and crumle each one into a large gless bowl. As you do this, look for contamination again. ( A FOAF used a cake from a pint jar that had not been fruited)

Now pour about 2 cups of orange juice on the crumbled cake. Mush it all up with hands. Pour through a mesh(fine)strainer. Take the pulp and add another cup of OJ. Mix well and strain. Repeat a last(third) time and then discard the pulp. Mix the three infused juices together into one and put in a large decorative goblet. Sip it slowly over 20 minutes and enjoy.

Oh yes a couple last things. The cat who did this did NOT use a PF vermiculite rice cake! He used a straight (Alien style) rice cake. (100% rice thats colonized) He doesnt like or recommend using a vermic. cake. It makes the Nectar very unpleasant in his opinion. The one made with just pure rice cake and OJ is thick like a smoothie and delicious. It tastes good. With the vermic it is gritty and gross. (vermic is not recommended to eat, it is sometimes contaminated--I know I'll get shit for that but Oh well)

The Nectar is good but take the time to fruit it, its better.

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #411568 - 10/02/01 06:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

josh do not eat your cakes if they have vermiculite in them lol he said if it was JUST brown rice or whatever other food.

:frown: .. what was i saying..? Time for a cigarette.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Offlinejosh666
enthusiast

Re: Anyone own a copy of Dr. Pollock's book? [Re: CACA]
    #411583 - 10/02/01 06:24 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, so this won't work for me, then???? I use verm/brf cakes?? I thought after they were all spent I could make a tea and trip again!! You're telling me that WON'T work w/my kind of cakes??

Also, how do u make the plain rice cakes?? I'm interested in this.....

Offlinejosh666
enthusiast

#412641 - 10/03/01 03:42 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Just lookin' for a response from my last question.....^^^^^^^

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

#412673 - 10/03/01 04:13 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

You`ll trip...... but you`ll taste vermiculite for a week..... just do cakes that are straight rice.... or rye.... or wheat berries. I`m sure verm isn`t to good for you since it`s made from some sort of rock

?Oh, you can?t help that,? said the Cat: I`m mad,Your mad.we`re ALL MAD!!!! hahahahaha"

--------------------

Offlinejosh666
enthusiast

#412686 - 10/03/01 04:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Numba9....how do i make the straight brown rice cakes?? I've never seen anything about it......only heard of them in this post.....help me, plz...

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

#412746 - 10/03/01 05:50 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Josh....look at the top of this thread for the water formula...... actually you`ll have better luck if you cook the rice first as per instructions for boiling rice.. then place in jars and Pressure cook. that way you`ll have less chance of having a solid mushy cake and you can shake the jar after my celia grows for a few days.. hence spreading growth faster .

?Oh, you can?t help that,? said the Cat: I`m mad,Your mad.we`re ALL MAD!!!! hahahahaha"

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck