Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
WBS jars stalling??
    #4084366 - 04/22/05 09:14 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quick question.

I did some WBS  and  PF jars at the same time... same syringe/LC.  The PF jars are exploding.. the WBS is doing nill from what I can tell.  I've got a few questions.

1) Is it important not to shake your jars until you see some colonized portions??

2) I didn't simmer.. but I did make sure (from all I know.. which is nothing) that the WBS was soaked correctly.  I soaked 1 batch for about 26 hours, and the other for around 23.  Might it be a problem with that?

3)How long does it usually take (if everything goes to plan) for WBS jars to start showing signs of colonization?? I've seen some crazy people on here getting full colonization in something like 12 days!!

They seem not too wet not too dry on the inside. Both batches look a like
HELP! I don't have much hair left to pull out!!!
j/k :crazy2:

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: WBS jars stalling?? [Re: Sammy]
    #4084375 - 04/22/05 09:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

1.No
2.should b fine
3.Rye + tyvek = 13 days

What are you using...as filters?

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: WBS jars stalling?? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4084385 - 04/22/05 09:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh lol..

3. I meant to say 13 days until final colonization w/ LC...:smirk:

-Gnostic

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #4084411 - 04/22/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Day 6 multi/spore inoculate.
I don't shake when I inoculate. I wait until I can see about 10 / 15% colonization, then shake well - once.

With a good thick LC, it is not unusual to get fully colonized WBS jars in 10 / 12 days.

--------------------

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: WBS jars stalling?? [Re: agar]
    #4084434 - 04/22/05 09:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I use WBS.

My jar filters for (3) of the jars are double layer Tyvek - jar lid w/ 2 holes - polyfill. The other (3) are just 1 layer tyvek - lid w/ 1 hole - double layer coffee filters//rubberbands.

All were PC @ 15 lbs for 90 minutes.

Is it important to inoculate with a LC??

I wonder what's wrong!! There's no way that grain is too dry...

argh! Maybe... is there a way to tell if it is??
Any other sugguestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

Offlinedjred

#4856780 - 10/26/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i dunno i ahd some issues with wbs stalling..after 2 months i threw the jars out..:)i tried another batch but only used 1 cc per jar in 1 hole..multi inject doens't make any diff..liquid is drawn down by gravity..so...why take a chance on sticking your syring in out of the jar asking for more probs imo.. so now we have another set of tex cambs 24 jars that r slow as fuck..they r prob not even half way done been over a month..

so i did another batch 2 cc per a jar and i have excellent growth like old boys pic above after 5 days i see excellent growth..

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: WBS jars stalling?? [Re: djred]
    #4856808 - 10/26/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If a grain jar is not done in less than 20 days at optimal temps throw it out. That is a good sign you have a invisible bacterial contamination.

Sammy in my experience just soaking is not a sufficient way of getting wbs the proper amount of water into them. They must be either soaked and simmered then pced. Or the way anno does it and just put water and seed in the jar and pc.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinethekeeper
not a grower
 User Gallery

Loc: a country where it is leg...
Re: WBS jars stalling?? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4856854 - 10/26/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

my jars have breathable medical tape over 2 seperate nail hole and then 2 layers of tin foil over that....might i have a problem with air exchange or contams?

--------------------
everything i said above is fictional....i don't grow illegal mushrooms!

Casing 101

Poor Man s Mycelium Syringe Tek

'-.Always use Oust to sterilize your air.-'

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: WBS jars stalling?? [Re: thekeeper]
    #4856916 - 10/26/05 09:35 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not sure. How did you prepare the jars? Do you have any growth or did they grow and stall? I don't use and never heard of using medical tape as a filter.

Time is usually the only thing that can tell.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinethekeeper
not a grower
 User Gallery

#4856933 - 10/26/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

i pc'd the quart jars with soaked popcorn individually at 15psi for 1hr. i had the tinfoil over the jars...then when they were done i put the medical tape in place, then put on 2 layers of aluminum foil..next day noced em with LC in one hole only, replaced aluminum foil

we'll see

-shaw

--------------------

Casing 101

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: WBS jars stalling?? [Re: thekeeper]
    #4856944 - 10/26/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Next time use a tried and true method to help ensure success. Poly fill is cheaper and probably better than medical tape. Also most people make sure the filter being used is in or on the lid before sterilization.

Good luck, let me know how the medical tape works, you may be on to something  :grin:.

--------------------

Offlinethekeeper
not a grower
 User Gallery

#4857117 - 10/26/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

well i got the idea from the first jar i ever birthed. he gave me tha jar and i used lc to continue my efforts. my guy used med tape and alum foil... either way im gonna buy filter disks from a sponsor -=] found a good deal.
btw...im thinking of doing my first grow log when my golden teacher spores get here (i live in a country where its legal to do this type of thing).

but we'll see

-shaw

--------------------

Casing 101

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag