Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePacks
Stranger

How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat
    #4080128 - 04/21/05 05:43 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You can skip to the last paragraphs if you dont want to hear the "venting", this is just the background story.

Me and my bro live in the same apartment and we both pay the rent. My stubborn aunt got her work hours reduced because she got in a verbal fight (she wont give the details :smirk:), she was lucky not to have been immediately fired but we expect that to happen in a couple of months. Her boss at work asked her to apologize to the other employee, but she refused.

So she calls us out of the blue complaining about her work, how everyone there are bad ppl ect, then she asks if she can come and live here with her 10yr old kid because she cant afford her rent anymore all because she simply wont apologize, we called other family members to try and convince her to apologize but she's so stubborn she keeps refusing. She has no where else to go without leaving back to her home country so we agreed. Shes been with us for about 2 months now.

---------

So now her 10 year old loves abusing my cat when Im not within the immediate vicinity, this little demon we'll chase her around then jump up and land his knees on the ground beside the cat to scare the shit out of it, the cat becomes so scared it doesnt move. He'll throw pencils erasers ect, slam his foot when the cats near or corner it at every opportunity, pulls on her leg/hair you name it just to get a grip when she tries to hide underneath the furniture. All for a kick :mad2:.

I told him many times with a stern voice but he doesnt stop, I told her mom and she doesnt seem to care.

Maybe this is an unusual mental health topic?, if it was common there'd probably be a common solution, Im out of ideas for now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat [Re: Packs]
    #4080248 - 04/21/05 07:42 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Kick them out, or at least seriously threaten to kick them out.

You have, out of kindness and love for family members, accepted your Aunt and her child into YOUR home...and she turns around and lets her child fuck with your stuff. That's a big load of BS, if you ask me.

I would sit your Aunt down and tell her you are VERY upset that (a) her child is abusing your pet, which you may consider to be a member of your FAMILY (thus he is abusing a member of your family) and (b) you are even more upset that she has not done anything to stop said child from abusing said pet. Give her ONE WEEK to find some control over her kid, or she will be out of a place to live.

Yeah, it sucks having to kick family members out of the house...but she and her kid have GOT to stop disrespecting you like this!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #4080269 - 04/21/05 07:56 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

grow some damn balls man.
You took the aunt and the kid because she wont APOLOGIZE ?!
Hey if it was me, I would have said no first, and if I would have kind enough to say yes, shed better not cause me any problems in my place and certainly not letting the little bastard fuck with my cat.

I say kick them out right now, she doesnt seem to deserve your kindness.

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #4080614 - 04/21/05 09:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Great. A petty single mother who raised her child to be a brat. Send 'em packing back to whatever hell hole they came out of.

The kid probably doesn't realise it but cats are capable of revenge; I wouldn't be suprised if he woke up one morning with his eyes clawed out.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4080650 - 04/21/05 10:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Having just come out of a roommate situation, I have to say man, that you need to do what you gotta do.

My roomy lived with me for about a month and a half, and it was more then enough.

You just need to be straight with your roommate and tell her to discipline and stop her kid from bugging your cat or get out. Your place, your rules. I know it's hard to be tough on the person you're helping, but if you don't you'll regret it.

Good luck.

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
    #4080693 - 04/21/05 10:16 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Anger will not work here, you need to identify with the kid and especially with his Mom. It sounds like you know how to deal with people in a mature and rational manner, so if you want to help your cat, you will need to reach these people first. I have had to deal with bratty children, it's not easy... kids need to recieve love properly before they know how to give it, and it sounds like his mom also has this difficulty understanding compassion. Acting very kind to them will do just as little as being overly harsh, you will need to find out for yourself the approach that fits their Drama. Personally I would try to connect with the child first, it may be easier as children are quicker to embrace changes than an adult. Observe him, come to understand him a little more than you would normally... and if you feel comfortable try and challenge him to think about you and to witness your behaviour. This can be as simple as sneaking up behind him and scaring the fuck out of him, but remember to make it fun for both of you! If he can see the effects of his feelings and the responce you can envoke, he may become more perceptive to your cat.
This is long term of course, so in the mean time you should keep your eyes on this child, and not your cat so much... both need attention here.

I wish you the best in these dealings.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat [Re: MOTH]
    #4082142 - 04/21/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Having just come out of a roommate situation, I have to say man, that you need to do what you gotta do.

My roomy lived with me for about a month and a half, and it was more then enough.

What ended up happening with your moochy roommate? I am curious. She moved in and was saying, "this is temporary and I am looking for a job" and then I noticed a few complaints on your part. How did it end?

Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
    #4082301 - 04/21/05 05:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'd terrorize the 10 year old. :cool:

--------------------
Just a little nervous from the fall.

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat [Re: chinadoll]
    #4082518 - 04/21/05 06:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

chinadoll said:
I'd terrorize the 10 year old. :cool:

Damn skippy.  Slip him some LSD and turn on a strobe light.

Wait, that would be mean...  and a waste of LSD.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4083713 - 04/22/05 01:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The problem I see with trying to frighten the child is that people can actually get a adrenaline rush out of fear which they may like...unfortunately I don't think cats are the same. In the meantime, is there anywhere you can keep your cat where this child can't get to the cat? like in a locked bedroom or something? there's a potential that your cat might not recover well if it gets too traumatized.

your aunt has been there 2 months? maybe you guys need to be setting some type of timeline for her departure to life on her own again.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4083721 - 04/22/05 01:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Abuse the 10 year old like they abuse the cat, beat the shit out of them, get irate and curse!

Or at least make the suggestion of doing so in clear understandable terms.

Liken the concept of his treatement of the cat to how you could be treating him as if he was your plaything of a cat. Children are smarter then you think when you have a clear understanding with them, and place concepts into a readily digestible form.

The child may not know what he is actually doing, nor understand the position that you're comming from (especially in way of the aunt passively sanctioning their activities by not reprimanding them).... find a way to relate to them, find something of affection of theirs, and just talk about possibilites of actions that you could do; and provide the relationship to said object with your feelings towards your cat. You can also talk to your Aunt of how serial killers, and their ilk are prone to; starting fires, and/or wetting their beds later then usual, and/or abusing animals all at a very young age. Dunno if that little scenario will get her off her ass.

I've been around many children, my mother used to run a day care; children are very reasonable, more so then many adults when they have a clear conception of events and their impact. I also have a younger sister, and the method has a very high success rate  :wink:... If not toss a time-out on them, or a limitation on the behaviors (no tv, drawing, reading, playing with certain toys, etc...).

Hope it helps.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (04/22/05 01:35 AM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat [Re: signoffate]
    #4084881 - 04/22/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sign! I really appreciate your take on this. One may be able to kick them out and have relief, but if one wants to help them ( any you need to be the judge of that), your advice might work in this very difficult situation. It's based on love and respect. :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineFreshCaps
Nor-Cal

Loc: The Cannabis State
Re: How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat [Re: Icelander]
    #4087868 - 04/23/05 08:13 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Kick him in the nuts...

Or pack their shit up when they're not "home".

--------------------
THE BEST ASS:

OfflineJon
Re: How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat [Re: FreshCaps]
    #4087880 - 04/23/05 08:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Try to find like a video game or something that your little cousin can occupy his time with. It probably wouldnt hurt asking your aunt to take a little more control when it comes to teaching her child to be nice to animals. In your aunts odd situation, your cousin should understand that he has to live by your rules as well now that your pretty much shetlering them, one of them being not to abuse your cat. But I know how kids are, if you have a PS2 buy the game Manhunt and see how the little bugger occupy his time :lol:.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4088034 - 04/23/05 09:58 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

fuck those people you dont need to house them.

The kid obviously has issues already, its good to be nice but eh she sounds like she got herself into the mess and it could of been resolved.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4088036 - 04/23/05 09:59 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think a bit of volunteer time at the local humane society might not be a bad idea (for both parent and child). The problem is that the child doesn't empathize with the stress that the animal is enduring. If the child is around people that care for animals, and is seeing what animals have to endure when abused, perhaps some good will come from it.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinetrev
comming out of retirement
 User Gallery

Loc: Aussie
Re: How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat [Re: Seuss]
    #4090690 - 04/24/05 02:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I think a bit of volunteer time at the local humane society might not be a bad idea (for both parent and child). The problem is that the child doesn't empathize with the stress that the animal is enduring. If the child is around people that care for animals, and is seeing what animals have to endure when abused, perhaps some good will come from it.

I like your thinking man :grin:

--------------------

Anonymous #14
[quote]There are billions of people on this planet. The world does not revolve around the united states, moron. I hope terrorists crash their collective cocks into your asshole. [/quote]

Offlinecrackwhorebob
assistant bitch

Re: How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat [Re: trev]
    #4091125 - 04/24/05 09:55 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1200/scarybiblebanner.gif

:laugh:
You seem to be very unconfrontational to be asking what to do.  I suggest making some type of connection and helping this kid but, it is not going to be easy and don't expect to enlist his mother for help.  Most likely your going to have to give them the boot I am expecting. Just don't let your self be a enabler for this aunt of yours to not deal with her issue of ill-temperment.

--------------------
I am the American dream.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: How to stop my 10yr old cousin from abusing my cat [Re: crackwhorebob]
    #4094934 - 04/25/05 12:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If your aunt doesnt do anything, Id warn her, that youll take actions yourself.
If youve already explained the ten year old that its hurting the cat, then if your aunt does nothing, hit him. You know the classic spanking on the ass, everytime you see him doing something to the cat.(And dont let him get away with it once, even if running behind a 10 year old is tiring)
If he goes complaining to your aunt, tell her shes free to leave. Eventually running to your aunt wont help, as she wants to stay with you, and he'll realise that being able to sit on his ass is well more worthwile than scarying a cat.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale