Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSporeDrinker
Stranger
Kratom Plant Care * 1
    #4079649 - 04/20/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Are there any good websites with information on caring for a kratom plant? I've checked Erowid and i only found a few short paragraphs. I'm looking for some more detailed information.

Also, if you have any tips, other than what is on erowid, please let me know. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSporeDrinker
Stranger
Re: Kratom Plant Care [Re: SporeDrinker] * 1
    #4090698 - 04/24/05 02:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

bump

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #4090836 - 04/24/05 03:48 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hum, well i had one then I killed it from aphids + over fertilizing....

They like mist, sorta like salvia plants man. It's a damn tree, pretty strong once it starts going. Not really too much need for care.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4090897 - 04/24/05 05:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hmm, stonehenge should know, he had one before.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Kratom Plant Care [Re: Locus] * 1
    #4091609 - 04/24/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I still have 2 of them. They like frequent watering and hate cold. Freezing will kill them. They like partial sun until they get older then they like mostly sun. Fertilize in the growing season. Check google for sites with info on kratom.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Kratom Plant Care [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #4094503 - 04/25/05 08:52 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

oh ok, still got two, that's cool too :smile: I'm thinking about getting one now also. I saw a really good deal somewhere so I may jump on that. But you said it hates the cold so then would it not be able to grow here (northeastern u.s.) ? It's spring and summer now of coarse, but then it'll be winter, eh..... so wouldn't work :frown: ?

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #4094982 - 04/25/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You bring them in during the winter

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4095408 - 04/25/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

but what about the size of it... it's a tree isn't it? how big is it going to get?

--------------------

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
    #4098405 - 04/26/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Grow it in a pot.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Re: Kratom Plant Care [Re: Herbus] * 1
    #4099429 - 04/26/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have mine in 15 gallon pots and the oldest one which is about 3 years old is around 4' tall and maybe a 3' wingspan. It has lots of branches. It usually drops most of the leaves in winter and now it's bursting forth with new growth. I take it in when it freezes. I topped it early on so it would grow bushy instead of tall.

--------------------

Edited by Stonehenge (04/26/05 02:59 PM)

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4102231 - 04/27/05 10:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ah ok.. hmmm maybe i'll do it then. have you tried your own stuff yet, or are you not into the actual use of kratom much?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules