Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Ceiling painting- who better to ask?
    #4077246 - 04/20/05 01:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm going to paint a mural of some sort on my ceiling. I wondered if any of you would be nice enought to hit me up with suggestions for what to put on it! I am able to produce anything within reason with acrylics or oils save for real "landscapey-traditionalist" type stuff. Would prefer to do real simple basic things in contrast- Beardsley simple or Filmore poster simple- nothing out of a classic art book. I'd also maybe like to do something as a negative effect- that's to say work on a solid color background with white paint for the body- so maybe a black and white origionally- whatever- thank in advance for reading this long-ass post. I'll check back in a minute- I have to get ready for the big 4:20 celebration- gotta clean my dope!

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Ceiling painting- who better to ask? [Re: superblingtheory]
    #4077249 - 04/20/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

clean your dope?

Mines never come dirty?

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #4077250 - 04/20/05 01:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

id ask a really tall guy or a man who doesnt like to gte high of paint fumes.  they dboth be pretty productive...

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Ceiling painting- who better to ask? [Re: Todcasil]
    #4077257 - 04/20/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

as afr as for actual suggestions....

i woudl try to do a photorealistic version of some kind of galactic picture, a nebula or something neat.

but then that is a bit overplayed, with all teh glow stars and whatnot :wink:

im not sure man, i hope you find whats right for you!

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: Ceiling painting- who better to ask? [Re: Todcasil]
    #4077340 - 04/20/05 02:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Eat some mushrooms and paint what appears.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4077347 - 04/20/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Paint a picture of your best friend being abducted, with the scenery of the UFO, and the aura surrounding the ship. then bananas. lotsa bananananananans!

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: Ceiling painting- who better to ask? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4078823 - 04/20/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That's the best suggestion out of the five. Damn- no one has any suggestions here? Should I have posted this is music/art/lit thinking back?....

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #4079449 - 04/20/05 11:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Paint a beautiful detailed mandala starting from the center of your ceiling then expanding out. Make it circular in nature and have the edge of the circle meet precisely with the edges of the ceiling so it fits like the circle in the square from sacred geometry. Then you could get some stylish lamps that point up at the ceiling from all 4 corners of the room. That would be key for your entheogen sessions.  :mushroom2: :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Ceiling painting- who better to ask? [Re: muistrue]
    #4080235 - 04/21/05 07:31 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What about this -

A portion of "Journey of the wounded healer" by Grey. I painted it on my art class ceiling when I was 14, it turned out fucking great too, I'll have to find my original picture of it on the ceiling.

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #4081370 - 04/21/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

good idea, some sort of geometric fractalike mandala would be grand.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Love is like a train...
Female

#4081644 - 04/21/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FractalDust said:
Paint a beautiful detailed mandala starting from the center of your ceiling then expanding out. Make it circular in nature and have the edge of the circle meet precisely with the edges of the ceiling so it fits like the circle in the square from sacred geometry. Then you could get some stylish lamps that point up at the ceiling from all 4 corners of the room. That would be key for your entheogen sessions.  :mushroom2: :sun:

i like.  :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Ceiling painting- who better to ask? [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4081650 - 04/21/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
What about this -

A portion of "Journey of the wounded healer" by Grey. I painted it on my art class ceiling when I was 14, it turned out fucking great too, I'll have to find my original picture of it on the ceiling.

Wow.  i would like to see a picture of the ceiling :smile:  im glad to hear that alex grey was expanding your mind at the age of 14 too, heh.

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Ceiling painting- who better to ask? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4083120 - 04/21/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, mandala sounds like the way to go.

OR! you could make it look like a beautiful blue sky with puffy white clouds...

Whatever you choose, it shouldn't have a specific orientation, so you can look at it from any angle of your room.

OOH OOH! Or you could do an M.C. Escher drawing! or something similar that fucks with your perception.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: Ceiling painting- who better to ask? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4083138 - 04/21/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Or you could paint your ceiling as if it were a negative of a top down perspective of the floor. Y'know like it would look if the ceiling were actually a mirror. But then, you'd always have to keep your furniture all in the same spot until you decide to repaint the ceiling again. Which wouldn't really work for me because I like to rearange things all the time but, heh, it's a suggestion. Maybe it'll spark a new idea at least.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder