Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMorph89
Stranger
Tripping Monday *Updated with Trip Report (LONG)*
    #4065346 - 04/17/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all, I posted a week ago today saying that last saturday i had sampled about a half gram of dried shrooms (i think cubes) and they did have some affect on me. My thought pattern enjoyably changed, the colors of my friend's light blue jeans and black sweatshirt blended together to make it look like both were a navy blue (they also had a bloom-lighting feel to them, for those of you who know what im talking about), the bricks on the walls were swimming around the walls and I overall had this incredible happiness (I had a smile for about a solid hour). The happiness felt like what I would imagine to be an E high.

My friend said his only effect was that he was pacing back and forth across the room (which he was) and was generally happy.

Tomorrow we will split the remaining of the 1/8th at 9 AM. We have this studio where we have band practice (really jam sessions), its the basement of one of four apartment buildings all next to eachother that my friends parents' own. We fixed it up last year and now its fantastic, its my home away from home  :cool:. Well anyway, we'll be dosing about 1.5-.75 grams each and im wondering if we should tea it. What is the best/simplest way to tea (I've heard many variations, but i dont want one that uses any ingredients besides the magic mushroom and water). We also dont have a scale to measure out dividing them. If it looks like we've split them into two equal piles, are they most likely even or does density or something come into play?

Neither of us have fully shroomed before but we are both mature and responsible. If we feel the need to go outside, we'll go in this tiny backyard in the back of the buildings, but not for too long.

What sort of activities would you suggest for a first time? Should I bring a pen and a sketchpad? We both smoke marijuana frequently (though im more like twice a week these days) so we plan to smoke tomorrow. Should I smoke before I eat them, after, during the peak, or not at all? (I CAN handle it if im shrooming).

Overall Im generally excited and I am most prepared to enter my life into psychedelia. I already have money down for another 1/8th if everything goes smoothly tomorrow and if it doesnt, i'll still shroom again just to give 'em another chance. After my brief experience with them last saturday, im telling you man shrooms are mossst welcomed in my head, they are welcomed to do w/e they want, make a good trip, bad trip w/e, the shroom is good. :thumbup: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Edited by Morph89 (04/19/05 08:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChikitta
Re: Tripping Monday [Re: Morph89]
    #4065420 - 04/17/05 12:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Shroom Tea Recipe (Best Possible?)

edit :: Remember you'll come up pretty quick with the tea... just make sure you're ready for it :smile:

Just split the pile in two - they'll be roughly even doses.

Activities for a first trip... certainly take your sketch pad and have a go at drawing what you see or just write down what you're thinking and feeling. I did that for the first time yesterday after 40g of cubes and wrote down some pretty crazy shit. No doubt you'll be entertained by the visuals for the most part though :smile:

As for smoking marijuana... I do sometimes before I munch the shrooms to relax, although recently I've substituted that for a few beers instead due to a total lack of decent weed available. Sometimes I'll have a smoke after I'm finished tripping to help me sleep, although I wouldn't actually smoke during the trip.

Have a good one - let us know how it goes!

Edited by Chikitta (04/17/05 12:10 PM)

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Tripping Monday [Re: Chikitta]
    #4065430 - 04/17/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

haha ya writing and drawing is very fun. speaking of weird stuff that u write, the one thing i wrote on my first drawing was "dead people make me laugh"

--------------------

OfflineMorph89
Stranger
Re: Tripping Monday [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4066005 - 04/17/05 04:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Chikitta, Im a little worried about that tea link you gave me because A) I dont have access to a coffee grinder and B) In the replies to that recipe someone said it didnt work, and Im not in the mood for these things to go to waste :frown: (at $40 an 1/8th).

My friend will be bringing boiled water in a thermace, cups, and the shrooms, I think everything will turn out fine. I've heard two different ways of taking it as a tea though, which one would you say is better:

1. Pour the boiling water into a cup with the shrooms in it. Wait 10-15 minutes, strain the mixture and then drink the liquid. Pour more water over the remaining shroom bits and wait another 10-15 minutes, then chug it all down (water, shroom bits and all).

or

2. Just pour the boiling water into a cup with the shrooms in it, wait 20 minutes then chug it alll down (shrooms bits and all).

Which would you say is better?

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
    #4066063 - 04/17/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My question: why you want to take it in the form of tee? You dont like taste/eating or want to try new thing?

Be aware, that drinking it in tee, may result in mushrooms kicking in faster, peek being stronger and duration of trip shorter. I personally dont like rapid comeups (like starting rocket) so I prefere eating dry mushrooms for a period of 20 minutes.

BUT why not try a different thing if you want, have great time either way!

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

OfflineMorph89
Stranger
Re: Tripping Monday [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #4066096 - 04/17/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, I dont mind the taste at all, in fact I like the taste. Its the fact that my stomach isnt the friendliest to foods (i.e. being lactose intolerant AND allergic to wheat) and even portabello mushrooms can give me problems if I eat too many. I hear tea's reduce most if not all stomach discomforts and thats something I want to benefit from. I am aware that it will kick in faster but thats fine because I'm fully prepared (after getting a feel for them last week) and Im fine if it doesnt last as long because i dont want to be messed up ALL day.

InvisibleChikitta
    #4066105 - 04/17/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Morph89 said:
Chikitta, Im a little worried about that tea link you gave me because A) I dont have access to a coffee grinder and B) In the replies to that recipe someone said it didnt work, and Im not in the mood for these things to go to waste :frown: (at $40 an 1/8th).

Yeah I read that complaint after posting :smile:

I see no reason why that recipe wouldn't work, but I can't really give you any advice on mushroom tea as I've never tried it myself.

I do know, however, that psyclobin breaks down under heat. Leaving the shrooms in hot water for 15 minutes probably won't do wonders for the active ingredients.

If you're without a grinder, perhaps a different consumption method is in order. Personally, I chop my fresh shrooms in to small pieces then mix them in with a thin soup.

$40 for an eighth... man that's expensive. We pay around ?10 for 30g fresh here in the UK (where they are still legal for the time being) - I recently bought 150g for ?30 (so around $60). Just goes to show what happens to prices when something is made illegal :frown:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Tripping Monday [Re: Chikitta]
    #4067179 - 04/18/05 12:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

$40 per eighth is high for American standards too. $10 per dry g is the highest acceptable rate I've ever seen.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMorph89
Stranger
Re: Tripping Monday [Re: Rose]
    #4068003 - 04/18/05 06:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well we're just going to injest them. I'm heading over there now guys, wish me luck :p

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4068426 - 04/18/05 11:27 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Cool,

Have fun.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

#4068797 - 04/18/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

if your stomache gets upset from eating them, just smoke a little bowl or a join and itll take all the sick feeling away

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Tripping Monday [Re: LedHead]
    #4068829 - 04/18/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, that can help... but only if are a toker.

Non-tokers should avoid pot during trips. It may help the nausea, but you will get VERY stoned.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMorph89
Stranger
    #4069240 - 04/18/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I just got back, its 6:00 PM, I injested them at 9:30 AM. It was a profound alteration of my perceptions; there was stretching, expanding, twisting, melting, brightening, darkening. There were some heavy moments that i dare not descibe but man this stuff is fantastic. Quite an amazing experience. I attempted to make a log that had this documented:

"Captains Log:
9:17 AM - Dividing Mushrooms

9:30 AM - Eating (Duration 10 minutes).

9:50 AM - S m o k ing w e ed
- Heavy Feeling

10:20 AM - o.O

~ THis is not pyschedelic jargon! This is reallll!

11:30 AM - Time No no.

12:15 PM - ^^^^

1:20 PM - It has been indubidable, yesss....
~~~~(^(^~)&)&)(*~~~~~ (scribbles)

1:47 PM - Lets rock :-D ~~~~~@!$#$%^ (scribbles)"

I am heavily stoned right now (most definitely smoked during the trip. Maybe i'll post an update of the trip later. Thanks for the help :smile:, next time we're gonna tea them (prolly not till the summer), can we just crush the mushrooms or do we need to use a coffee grinder?

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
    #4073221 - 04/19/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It would work better with a coffee grinder.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

OfflineMorph89
Stranger
Re: Tripping Monday [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4074534 - 04/19/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

After having some goodnight?s sleep and feeling refreshed, I think I?ll explain what happened yesterday. I went to sleep Sunday night not feeling very excited or anything, but just accepting that I was gonna shroom tomorrow. If I get too excited, I cant sleep and usually in those cases I take a melatonin, but I did not want that too affect the shrooms in any case whatsoever. Well I woke up at 5:30 AM (alarm was for 8:30) to the little kid screaming next door (I live in a loft) and what else do I have? I bloody nose that is out of control, but none of it was on my face. It was dripping all down my throat, in my mouth, swimming around in my nose, sorry for the description but it wasn?t pleasant. I went to the bathroom and tended to the bloody nose; I can get these things commonly but man, this one was out of control. After 45 minutes the kid next door finally shut the hell up and I feel asleep and woke up at 8:30. I called my bud ?D? and he was good to rock and roll.

My stomach was unusually upset, but only mildly so. I packed with me two Puffin strawberry cereal bars (I?m allergic to wheat and those things are the shit :cool:), a banana, a bottle of water, a pen, and a note book. I walked over to the studio with my iPod and got there at about 9:10 AM. D was waiting outside with a big ol? grin on his face. We headed inside and I showed him the things I brought with me, but he said he didn?t want to eat anything because he wanted his stomach empty for the shrooms. I told him that its okay to eat with the shrooms and that it only affects the trip if you eat before them (am I right?). Well, we started dividing the 1/8th and without a scale it was hard to agree upon two equal piles but we finally did it. He ate his biggest one after two bites (with excessive chewing) and he did NOT like the taste. I have to admit, mine were a bit?awkward tasting but I got to them. As soon as I was done with my biggest two, what should happen but a big bloody nose pouring back! I ran and got some paper towels and jeeez! hardcore nose bleed again! It took maybe 5-6 minutes to settle and in this time D ate the rest of his shrooms in one mouthful. I decided it would be safe to do the same, I had a few bites of a banana then downed the rest of the shrooms.

We were just sitting there talking and what not and decided we should smoke a bowl and get some tunes going. I started making an ?on-the-go? playlist with my iPod and it consisted of the following:

White Rabbit ? Jefferson Airplane
Purple Haze ? Jimi Hendrix
Stone Free ? Jimi Hendrix
Crosstown Traffic ? Jimi Hendrix
Tomorrow Never Knows (live cover) ? Les Claypool?s Frog Brigade
Army?s on Ecstasy ? Oysterhead
Shattering Song ? Les Claypool?s Frog Brigade
Taxman (live cover) ? Les Claypool?s Frog Brigade
Elephant Ghost ? Colonel Claypool?s Bucket of Bernie Brains

As you can see, Im a big Les Claypool/ Primus fan and my friend is a big Jimi fan  :smile:. Well, while I set up the playlist and hooked it to the amazing speakers we have over there, D was packing up a bowl. White Rabbit came on and we smoked up and talked about things in general; it was good to hang out. We ate the shrooms at 9:30 and in no less than half an hour they were hitting.

I looked at a stool in front of me. I looked at the leg?s and it looked like they were getting brighter and darker (about mid-way in the legs), then it started looking like they were getting thinner and wider. I immediately looked around the room and my friend was standing next to me (while I was on the couch) and he was TALL. God damn TALL. Im about an inch taller than him normally and he looked like the fuckin big friendly giant. I said ?D, oh, its hitting me. Im hit. Im hit?? I gave a quick glance at the room and could tell something was boiling up, and fast. I told D to sit down and I stood next to him and I told him to see if I looked TALL. He did so and I?ve never seen this man?s jaw drop before; he stared at me in utter awe. It was just getting started! We decided to quickly smoke another bowl and man, I remember when I held the bowl close to me, the shaft became super-thin and the bowl was HUGE. It was hysterical. I looked around the room and everything was alive. Pictures on walls, the drums, the tv, they were all floating, dancing in their own little world. I remember the high-hat on the drumset looking like a UFO floating at me. The music was making everything fantastic, by now it was the Tomorrow Never Knows cover and it was so intriguing.

I was focused on the tv in front of me. It was off, but there was a reflection of the whole room on the screen. But of course the reflection was distored normally so you can only imagine what it was like on shrooms. Things were flying around in the reflection, my hair grew long and black, and there was a river next to the couch. I looked at my friend and looked back at his reflection and the movements did NOT align. His reflection in the TV ran off into the upper left hand corner down some imaginary path! but he was standing at the corner of the couch in real life. This heavy wave was coming over me and everything was intensified like I cant explain. It wasn?t a dream and it was certainly not real. Im not sure how long we were down there at this point but we then decided to go out to the backyard.

We opened the door and it was like Dorothy opening the door into Oz. 70 degrees and sunny. The tall(ish) grass looked so comforting and the flat moss-covered earth looked like living yarn. We didn?t want to make a big scene (theres a parking lot next to the yard, behind a chain link fence) so I tried not to noticeably trip out on anything. However, when we went to D?s dead raspberry plants?..those things looked like octopus arms entangled in the air! Quite a site so see. There were bee?s flying around but they seemed so?.cool, like they were the cool of the insect world. They didn?t look like they were flying, they looked like they were quickly floating by with a trail behind them; almost like mini UFOs or somethin. We had a seat and I didn?t want us to look like jack asses so I said ?so what do you think of Gil being our bass player?? and started talking about this kid very quietly. It was such a soothing thing, sitting there in the sun, making conversation in this beautiful dimension. Before we headed in I looked across the yard and tripped out, there were faces in the trees and there were imaginary mushrooms sprouting from the ground. And god, those squirrels looked so happy.

We both had to take a leak so we went to the other basement and took turns and while I was waiting, I looked at a stack of wood and leaned toward and away from them and I cant describe the feeling I had. It was like momentarily, the image was sucking me out of myself o.O. Well, after I took a leak (the toilet paper roll was waving at me), I looked in the mirror just to check out my eyes to see them dinner plates. D quickly said ?dude don?t look in the mirror! They say don?t do that because itll make you freak out!? I had heard this too but it was cool to see myself, it was like another friend was there just trippin out havin a good time. I told D this and he gave himself a look and had a smile, he turned off the light and we headed back to the studio. Now we were peaking.

I cannot tell what music I was hearing, but jesus the things I was seeing. My leg was folded upright ontop of my other leg (my right ankle was touching my left knee type of position) and the crumpling in my jeans turned into this awesome awesome claw. There was a face in the tv reflection and the creature?s hand was the claw on my jeans! There were also faces (and most definitely mouths) coming from the speakers, that looked cartoony but very friendly. There were colors dropping downward over the tv screen like colorful matrix code. Within this I saw a hallway, still in this colorful matrix code. Suddenly the whole damn wall was covered in the matrix code and there was a colorful hallway behind the tv! But It was all pleasant. I looked over at D and his face was stretching and wiggling and his eyes were growing, but he was off staring at the corner of the room. We were both in awe. And then it hit us??..we looked at the ceiling while some fantastic music was playing ( I think it was the Taxman cover). We leaned up and that ceiling,?was a fucking festival of faces, shaped and colors. I looked at it for maybe 5-10 minutes (time was completely unconceivable) then looked around the room. The room itself was a party. I was in another dimension, my consciousness was alert, but the voice in my head was exactly like when I?m dreaming. I can?t explain it, I was very awake but my mind had subsided to cruise control. People say you get into thought loops but I only had a series of thought circles that all connected, but I could leave them all alone if I wanted, which I pretty much did. I also very vividly hallucinated twice that D?s dad knocked on the door and was walking in, I was so convinced, but D reassured me that no one was there. I have a few moments that are in my head where I looked at my watch and could not understand how to tell what time it was and I remember just starting at my hand and D laughed because it was so cliche  :grin:

We decided to go back outside but when we opened the back door, there was a pretty big bee hovering directly above the door, guarding it. We weren?t threatened by it, but just wanted to leave it alone. So we went back inside but D said he had to go take a leak again, so we went out the front door. When we went out there I tripped on the stairs leading up (this is a basement-studio mind you) and just kinda stopped. Outside WAS an alienworld, I didn?t question anything and just let it be and it was fun to quickly catch a glimpse of; all the cars, people, plants, oh the plants!

D came back and said he wanted to head home so we could chill out the rest of our trip, then he wanted to grab his guitar and have a jam session when we were mellowed out. We walked back and we handled it very responsibly. Whenever someone would walk by, or was over hearing us I would just say ?what do you think of gil as a bass player?? or ?what do you think of sam as a bass player?? And we would calmly discuss the subject  :wink:. And boy, those trees were covered in wood faces and with their intricate branches; they were a site to see. What was very bizarre though was I felt like a bee or something, flew into my ass, bit it, then flew away! Like I got poked in my ass. I told D what I felt like and we both started cracking up and he started talking about his ass reallly loudly and I saw there were people a few houses away across the street, so I again changed the subject to getting a bass player  :grin:

We got to his house and no one was home. We smoked a bowl and I made nachos while D played his guitar. He is an amazing guitarist, been playing for a year and a half and can play plenty of Jimi songs perfectly. While we were in his room, the weed was really affecting the trip. D looked like he was spinnng 1000000x miles an hour in a circle in his chair (basically a blur) and his tiny room was gigantic. It was dying down, I could tell. I began to look at his poster (of a caterpillar sitting on a giant shroom with his hands in a peace sign while toking a hooka). The shapes of the shrooms in the picture turned into faces and fishes and they started moving out of the poster. It felt so good. Two pillows near me also were emitting a tan flame off of them, in fact everything was. To describe my vision best, it was like the movie Waking Life, only with colors streaking off of objects.

After spending maybe an hour there we headed back to the studio with dans guitar and started jamming. Then all of a sudden, we hear someone and its one of the people living in the building with a fucking cable guy! The need to mess around with some shit and said ?don?t mind us.? Me and D immediately were just like ?lets take a break? and started saying ?what do you think of Gil as a bass player??  :grin:. The cable guy felt so intruding, I couldn?t tell if the place smelt like pot but I bet it did. After he left we were there for maybe half an hour longer then went back to Ds.

I stayed quickly but decided it was time to head home. I took a long walk home, avoiding the main busy street. It was a wonderful and pleasant walk home(I did however briefly get the feeling in my ass again). I felt like I could use a good laugh so I watched Half Baked and Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Afterword I listened to some music and headed to sleep. There was still some shroom on me, things were a little bit wiggly and about 10 minutes after I went to sleep my cat made some noise in the hall way and it woke me up, I looked at the ceiling and the two white beams that go across the ceiling were twisted and green, I was just like ?meh? and headed back to sleep.

The Aftermath: I woke up revitalized and purely refreshed. I had a ton of energy and here?s the creepy thing. I think my coordination has drastically improved. Maybe the exercise of having to manage things with zero coordination improved my abilities for when im sober. Just a theory but man, I?ve been tossing things across my room (almost 20 feet) and made all my targets. And when I play the computer game Counter-Strike: Source, I?ve been getting like 11 kills and 3 deaths within the first couple rounds and getting banned from games because people thing Im hacking. I also had enough energy to clean my room and that is serious serious work, but now its sparkling clean and I love it.

Im sorry that this post was long but I hope it was enjoyable. There are things I left out that were purely unexplainable and I love that I cannot explain them, they are just that special  :smile:. I plan to shroom again in june and maybe do 2.5-3 grams as a tea with only one round of marijuana smoking. :flowerchild:

Edited by Morph89 (04/19/05 09:40 PM)

Offlinetehborderican
Stranger
    #4074850 - 04/19/05 09:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

OMG that has to be the best sounding trip eveeeeer i hope my first trip is the same as yours. Ima be around 3 real trustworthy friends who are just as excited to try it as me. Im already planning my area of choice and music. NICE THREAd MAN! :thumbup:

InvisibleChikitta
Re: Tripping Monday [Re: tehborderican]
    #4075848 - 04/20/05 04:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Glad you had a good first trip :smile:

As for looking in the mirror when tripping, I quite enjoy it. I had 40g of Mexican Cubes last weekend and found myself looking the the mirror for about half an hour. It got to the point where it felt as if I was the mirror, looking back at myself. Very hard to explain, but I was feeling particularly self-analytical on that trip :smile:

Have a good one in June - let us know how it goes!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate