Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
More funny shit.........literally!
    #4059269 - 04/15/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I found this at another forum related to beng mindful of the asscociations we make;

Quote:

Once a man had passed stool by the riverbank before his bath.

Afterwards, he was looking at it in disgust, and the stool said to him,

"What are you looking at me like that for? Last night you wanted to eat me,
because I was the most delectable rasagulla (indian sweet).

I've only become like this after just one night of associating with you!"

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: More funny shit.........literally! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #4059284 - 04/15/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4059394 - 04/15/05 02:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What kind of drugs must one do to see their excrement talk to them?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: More funny shit.........literally! [Re: Swami]
    #4059425 - 04/15/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hmmmmmmmmm. Well, if you saw, not heard, yet understood your shit talking to you then it would have to be a drug that allows for you to read shit lips.

I'm not aware of one.

There is a moral to the story though. I figured best to let others figure it out for themselves if they cared to. It's also just funny by itself.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4059922 - 04/15/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Without the Indian reference, wouldn't this be just another poo joke?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: More funny shit.........literally! [Re: Phluck]
    #4060160 - 04/15/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

um, it's spiritual and philosophical and stuff.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4060358 - 04/15/05 07:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
Without the Indian reference, wouldn't this be just another poo joke?

Welllllll, if the metaphorical message of the story blew right past you, then yes, for you, it's just a poo joke I suppose. I know I am not the only one who got a deeper message from the metaphor of the story.

I keep telling my daughter that the world meets us half way. We have to put something in to get something out, in this case, some thought to the meaning of the metaphor needs to be put in to it to get something out of it.

I know that many here who throughout posts have claimed they are lazy thinkers and want everything spelled out and summed up for them and that's fine. In the case of metaphorical material I think it's up to the interpreter to derive it's message.

Often, lazy thinkers take metaphors as literal translations because its he easiest to do, like with the story of Noahs Ark and they get out what they put in and you know the result of that.

The funny thing is that your seeing this as just a poo joke is an example of the metaphor about associations of what runs through us becoming a product of our own making. Like how sweet, delicious  berries can turn into a pile of crap depending on how they are taken in, mentally digested and filtered through ones system.

What do you guys think. Should I post this in OTD and see what they make of it?  :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4060379 - 04/15/05 07:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If this were possible I would never be lonely. Everyone knows that I am full of shit.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: More funny shit.........literally! [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4060442 - 04/15/05 07:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

But if you love your shit then you are processing all incoming with love and are producing lovely shit.

How do you feel about the shit you say you are full of Hue?

Give yourself credit. You often produce pearls of wisdom.

(For those to tired to think through the metaphorical use of the word pearls, it stands for something of value to one who has an appreciation for their beauty.)

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4060457 - 04/15/05 07:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"How do you feel about the shit you say you are full of Hue?"
It has to be true...other people tell me about it all of the time.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: More funny shit.........literally! [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4060658 - 04/15/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i like that story! it makes a good point!

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: More funny shit.........literally! [Re: dr0mni]
    #4060723 - 04/15/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
i like that story! it makes a good point!

So does Jiggy......

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

Welllllll, if the metaphorical message of the story blew right past you, then yes, for you, it's just a poo joke I suppose. I know I am not the only one who got a deeper message from the metaphor of the story.

..... some thought to the meaning of the metaphor needs to be put in to it to get something out of it.

...In the case of metaphorical material I think it's up to the interpreter to derive it's message.

Often, lazy thinkers take metaphors as literal translations because its he easiest to do,

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :thumbup:

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: More funny shit.........literally! [Re: niteowl]
    #4061699 - 04/16/05 03:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Swami:

You are the shit, man! ... please tell me you got the joke, and atleast chuckled abit before you wrecked another thread with nitpicking? :smirk:

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: More funny shit.........literally! [Re: slaphappy]
    #4061771 - 04/16/05 05:45 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

How did I wreck this thread? Did I violate the S&P Protocol? Was I offensive? Did I prevent others from contributing their unique perspective?

None of the above, yet you feel the need to take offense because of some imaginary problem that you have with me. Let's examine that and together we may discover more wisdom from this real-life example than from a cutesy story.

Your call.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
Re: More funny shit.........literally! [Re: Swami]
    #4061886 - 04/16/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, you didn't wreck the thread.

BTW: I'm not the one being offended  :rolleyes:

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Edited by slaphappy (04/16/05 08:09 AM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4062053 - 04/16/05 10:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Often, lazy thinkers take metaphors as literal translations because its he easiest to do, like with the story of Noahs Ark and they get out what they put in and you know the result of that.

Well, I appreciate the veiled insults and all, and I assure you I thought about the metaphoric implications of this, but it simply doesn't seem that deep, and if it is, it's such a silly metaphor that it loses its meaning.

Sometimes I think that people will take a rather simple, uncomplicated idea, and try to pass it off as philosophy by casing it thick within a metaphoric fable.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4062462 - 04/16/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

And your saying that this metaphrical story I was moved to share at S&P was nothing more then a poo joke with the word Indian in it was not a veiled insult?

You insulted yourself on a philosophical message board by telling the board all you saw in it was a poo joke. But for someone who gets all of his experiential knowledge from wikapedia instead of finding things out for himself or thinking through them for himself, I am not suprised. I am suprised when you make replies to stuff I post insulting your own intelligence though. I don't understand why you do it.

I am not the one saying you are not intelligent. You are the one saying that you do not care to take the time or energy to exercise the intelligence you have. You could be the next Einstien and not even know it phluck. Some of your replies tell people you choose not to think or experience for yourself all on their own.

Whats that saying........ah yes, "use it or loose it."

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #4062479 - 04/16/05 01:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

haha. this forum is like throwing shit on a wall and seeing what sticks.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4066953 - 04/17/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You insulted yourself on a philosophical message board by telling the board all you saw in it was a poo joke.

No, I saw more than a poo joke, I saw a good example of the way people decide how they feel about a statement based on the theme and the way it presents itself rather than the actual content. If you'd like to explain to me exactly what the meaning of the post is, go ahead, but personally I find it much more worthwhile to use my brainpower to consider the ideas themselves, not to try and decipher them. When exploring metaphor you can't expect a completely coherant message, it's bound to be subjective and will be interpreted vastly differently depending on the receiver. When studying art, this works well, and is often the intent of the artist, when studying ideas, it doesn't make any sense to present them in a form that can easy warp and change the message you're trying to send.

Trying to insult me more by claiming I rely on Wikipedia more than myself doesn't phase me. I rely on external resources a lot, simply because I don't think that the experiences or perspectives from a single person are reliable at all, and the fact that I'm predisposed to trust my own perspective only serves to show how cautious I should be when it comes to the conclusions I reach based on my observations.

You used Einstein as an example of what I "could be". Well, after Einstein came up with his theory of relativity, he decided that his own model of the universe was entirely correct, and set out to prove it. He was convinced that the ideas behind quantum mechanics were flawed, and completely disregarded them in favor of his own ideas, even as the math and science behind quantum mechanics became increasingly well grounded. By focusing on his own opinions and beliefs, and not listening to the criticism and ideas of others he became obsolete, and was eventually nothing more than a public figure, not taken seriously as a scientist.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#4066984 - 04/17/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What can I say Phluck. Some people enjoy a good mental stretching exercise and some don't and of those who do, say you are one, you prefer different exercise equipment "information to stretch the mind with"

Thats fine. Some did appreciate it here and you are dogging it. Do you want a blue ribbon for saying you had no appreciation for it? If it doesn't belong here and is just a poo joke, you have the power to move it to OTD. Go ahead.

If you jump in to criticise a post, I don't know what it is you expect from the poster when you do that. Next time you do it to one of mine, I think I will just post the hug emoticon reply to instead.

Why have so many toughies gotten so sensitive around here lately?

I feel like I need to take a break and get all gooey again or something.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder