Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Have drugs, will travel
    #4051381 - 04/13/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Have drugs, will travel
April 13, 2005
wcfcourier.com

EVANSDALE --- From the outside it looks like a typical briefcase. Inside, it's a sampler of illicit drugs.

"It has a thing for alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, various types of paraphernalia," said Evansdale Police Chief Mike Burke as he did a quick inventory of items inside the suitcase. "Under barbiturates, we have several of those, too."

The contents also include LSD, black tar heroin, methamphetamine in all its forms, club drugs like Ecstasy and prescription drugs like Valium.

"It is the real McCoy," Burke said. "It's all sealed in glass, all encased so there is no way you just reach up and touch some of this and take it out of there."

The custom-made piece of luggage helps Evansdale Police Department teach the dangers of drug abuse to children.

The police department partners with the National Child Safety Council and local businesses for a child safety program taught at Evansdale schools.

Part of the curriculum covers drug abuse, and police discovered visual aids would help get the message across.

"We saw the need during these classes for a drug recognition kit," Burke said.

Evansdale Pharmacy and Advanced Auto Services donated funds to buy the kit, which arrived in March.

"To me it looked like it would be a great tool, especially to help parents recognize if they see anything around the house or in their teenager's car," said Ric Foreman of Evansdale Pharmacy.

When it isn't in the classroom, officers can pack up the suitcase and carry it to other community gatherings. They also can display it at the police department to help the occasional concerned parent who may have discovered something suspicious in a child's room.

"People walk in and lay something down and say 'What is this?'" Burke said.

This is the first time the Evansdale Police Department has had such a kit.

Burke had compiled a similar display in the late 1980s when he was a patrol officer at another department. He used items from that department's evidence room mounted on pegboard.

Looking over the new suitcase kit, Burke reflected on the change in the drug scene.

"We didn't know what methamphetamine was back then. ... We were dealing with marijuana, cocaine, LSD, some of those types of things," he said. He said other new trends are club drugs and the abuse of black market prescription drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Have drugs, will travel [Re: veggie]
    #4051395 - 04/13/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I liked the other story where the officer lost the briefcase :lol:

--------------------

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Have drugs, will travel [Re: blink]
    #4051782 - 04/13/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I remember back in middle school, a bunch of Narcs (in full riot gear) came to give us all a lecture on drugs, and had a briefcase like this. Along with that, they had at least 1/2 pound bag of chronic and even PASSED THE BAG AROUND THE ROOM for us all to smell! I even smoked weed back then, and my friends and i were so tempted to just jump out the fuckin window with it. I remember seeing a bunch of different kinds of E, lots of opiate pills, and remember them mentioning ketamine. I sure don't remember them having LSD or mushrooms!

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Have drugs, will travel [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4051807 - 04/13/05 06:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Some day lessons will be taught about abusing drugs and using drugs responsibly. Until then.........

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #4052077 - 04/13/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"We saw the need during these classes for a drug recognition kit," Burke said.

It sure helped me recognize drugs on the street. :grin: :wink:

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #4052310 - 04/13/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"Hey kids, have a look at all our awsome drugs! They make you feel hella good, but nope, you can't have any. Find your own! Just don't get caught by us..."

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: SWEDEN]
    #4052410 - 04/13/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: Have drugs, will travel [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4052585 - 04/13/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Don't worry children. Behave children. Sit under the plastic lights. Feel your body ache with underuse. Stare vacantly at the clueless teacher while your soul sloths with boredom. Trudge out at the end of the day, and try to be optimistic about the future. Don't mess your life up on drugs, they are just a distraction from the problems of life, and only take away from the overall enjoyment of it.

I am so confused that I fail to live properly.

I take drugs to hurry the process of a slow death.

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Have drugs, will travel [Re: Gog]
    #4052685 - 04/13/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

*eat your shitty school lunches, you are what you eat, shit.

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Have drugs, will travel [Re: DNKYD]
    #4053701 - 04/14/05 07:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
Some day lessons will be taught about abusing drugs and using drugs responsibly. Until then.........

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder