Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
BLUEING PSILO
    #404257 - 09/25/01 10:12 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

we3ll shit.....t.. I think I may have finally found a psilocybe!!
sory no picture possible but heres the facts
first off I personally have never heard of ny psilos in oor around spokane & I could not seem to think of any that look quite the same.
caps *while growing* ranged from white with tan nipple to all brown-stems- fiborous ( like cubies) white tannish
only when wet or looking close coulkd u notice the stripes in the cap. didnt *notce*(they were fairly dry) a seperatable pellicle(sp?)
sporeprint: chocolate brown/black
now I pick tons of shrooms each day due to occupation( lawn care) so I didnt think much of it at first. then I noticed slight blue at bottum of a stem. on closer inspection the edge of the cap turned blue within minutes( probally more like seconds) of damage. they got banged up tru transpo thru the day. BUT NOW THEY ARE REALY BLUE! a vary obvious blue to.
I am not so much asking any one too id just answe this does anyother mush besides psilos do this?
I think may take a specimen to the college and see if theres a mycologist who can ID.. I fuckin hope so because I dont think I have ever seen a pic of this shrrom before !

btw- what ever happened to psilosymon?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: BLUEING PSILO [Re: shaggy101]
    #404265 - 09/25/01 10:18 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If its gilled and stains blue, its 99.999% likely a psilocybin mushroom. If it has purple/black spores, and a seperable pellicle, even better chance of it being active. From what you describe, I'd say you have an active mushroom. Too bad you can't take pics, I'd love to see it.

Psylosymon checks in from time to time,but doesn't really frequesnt this site anymore.

LK,

--------------------

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #404287 - 09/25/01 10:28 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

the only thing that concernes me is the "brown" in the spore print. you are looking for a color that is best described as dark purple brown, in which case it sounds like Ps cyan. the fast bluing reaction confirms this. chocolate colored spore prints belong to deadly galerinas, which while not likely to bruise blue, bruise black in some cases. the mushrooms otherwise are indistinguishable to the unskilled hunter. the separable gelatenous pellicule is an other indication of a Ps species as is the hygrophanous nature of the margin, which when wet appears more stirate. 95% sure you have a Ps. there, take another look at the spore print. print each and every cap, and keep the stems with the caps. you may have a mixed collection, since they grow together in exactly the same habitat.

Edited by tchyted on 09/25/01 11:35 PM.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Re: BLUEING PSILO [Re: tchyted]
    #404391 - 09/25/01 11:54 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

special dark chocolate not milk chocolate.heh:)
It is more black than anything ...kinda purplish

I am almost positive it is a psilo. Which blows my fucking mind becaus 1- my location 2- just the blueing alone screams psilocybe but I have never seen a shroom that looks like it.
I really dont think its P. cyan.... the whiter ones look alot like BLUE MEANIES...but that must be impossible I am 49 deg. N.
fuck I dont know but if I found a new species I will shit myself!

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #404521 - 09/26/01 03:54 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Pics dude, pics, ... you can do it!!! ;)

Peace,
MAIA

"Houston, we have a problem... shrooms are over "
=)Free&Spread the Spores(=
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: BLUEING PSILO [Re: tchyted]
    #404648 - 09/26/01 09:13 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

tchyted, Galerinas do not have a chocolate colored spore print, but a RUSTY-brown colored spore print. There is a definite difference between chocolate-brown and rusty-brown. I'm just stating the facts, not flaming or degrading you, man! Peace.
Shaggy101, if you really believe this is a Psilocybian mushroom, please please get a picture the next time you come across this species. I, as well as many others, would really like to see this mushroom! Cool?
And yes, according to the features you've stated, this really sounds like an active mushroom! Way too cool for words, man! Spokane? Hehe, I'm hoping there is magic over there, the land that is seperated from me by those giant rocks!
Stay cool and keep a huntin'-Levi7.

Edited by Levi7 on 09/26/01 10:15 AM.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #404703 - 09/26/01 10:28 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hmmm.. the first thing that pops into my mind is Psilocybe stunzii, "blue ringers"..without the pictures we can only guess.

I am sure that Mushroom John could recommend a University/College to help get them identified.. but Mushroom John is in Asia studying mushroom, and wont be back until around Halloween.

Oh and Stamets said that he once found Copelandia cyanescens growing from a lawn in Washington state.
--It turned out that the sod was enriched with Manure,
and the manure came from Pastureland in Florida.

Keep on shroomin,
GG

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: BLUEING PSILO [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #404709 - 09/26/01 10:38 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

GG, do you remember someone posting about finding Copelandia cyanescens in the Zoo-Doo at the Zoo in Seattle?
I think it was like a year and a half ago! Maybe Mattso?
I can't remember. Anyone, someone that I thought to be an experienced WA hunter posted that they'd been finding Copelandia cyanescens aka Blue Meanies in the Zoo Doo at the Zoo in Seattle! This is not Spokane, but I guess it doesn't matter, considering the mushroom grew in dung that was suitable for the mycelium fruiting.
Just thought I'd add that!
GG, this guy didn't mention any ring on the stem that was dusted with purple-brown spores. I believe this would've been a definitely noticeable feature. He may have forgotten to mention this, though. I don't doubt Ps. stuntzii would grow in Spokane, although I'd lean more towards Ps. fimetaria. He mentioned the "nipple" and well, Ps. fimetaria do kind of look like little bitty Ps. cubensis'.
Dunno, hope we get some pics, though!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: BLUEING PSILO [Re: Levi7]
    #404717 - 09/26/01 10:45 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hey Levi,

Zoo-doo.. yeah, that was the same story i was thinking of..its in Psilocybe Mushrooms of the World.. There is a lengthy "comment" at the end of the description for Panaeolus cyanescens..

haha, i highly doubt that is what he found though

Take it easy,
G

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: BLUEING PSILO [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #404971 - 09/26/01 02:41 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

No, GG, I read this post on the Shroomery before I got that book. There was a discussion between this guy and MJ and there was also mention of Ps. azurescens being found by MJ in the Arboretum in Seatlle. This guy said he'd only found Ps. baeocystis and Ps. cyanescens growing in the Arboretum.
This guy also mentioned the fact that he only lived a few blocks from the Arboretum and he hunted for mushrooms there almost every day in the fall. I can't remember who it was, but he also said he found Cope cyans in the Zoo-Doo at the Zoo in Seattle. I dunno, maybe this guy only mentioned that because he was trying to look experienced and got his idea from Paul's book. ??????
Anyway, it was a regular poster here in this forum.
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Re: BLUEING PSILO [Re: Levi7]
    #405429 - 09/26/01 08:44 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

weellll..The shrooms are now dry and the stems are very dark blue/black(heavy damage) I am stsrting to doubt them, buuutt.. te blueness. Does any other mushy fitting description and local turn blue FUck does any other shroom turn blue? I mow this house on monday and will buy a cheapo cam and try and find a scanner soooo.. next week we shall see

PEACE AND SHROOMYNESS TO U ALL!!

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#462900 - 11/18/01 11:26 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

bum,p

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #463264 - 11/19/01 09:26 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Did you ever ID them shaggy? I didn't see anyone mention the fact that some boletes blue very strongly, yet aren't psychoactive, so take that into consideration if you haven't yet. They're pretty common in WA. Did you ever get any pics? Have you found any more?

Good Hunting!!

DH

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#463925 - 11/19/01 09:25 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

yo dude,im still here!! sounds like ya got something cool.my friend has a landscapping job and he picks stuntziis all the time. get those pics!!

peace

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate