Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
? about agar agar...please help..
    #403724 - 09/25/01 02:53 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

To my suprise I found agar agar. After reading a post about agar agar being sold at asian food markets I decided to walk a halfblock and see for my self. Well needless to say I purchased 2 bars of agar agar. Now my ? is........is this the right stuff to use for agar work? if so then could someone point the right direction for me to get started. The ingredients are seaweed and food coloring. Their about a foot long and 1" thick.

I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

Re: ? about agar agar...please help.. [Re: fiddler4u]
    #403845 - 09/25/01 05:07 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Prepapre malt extract agar by bringing 1 liter of water to a boil. Add 20 grams of malt extract (keep striring) and add 2 grams of yeast (optional). Now add the broken up agar (20 grams). When everything is dissolved, pour into small bottles (use a funnel) and cap tightly with tinfoil (4 layers).
Sterilise these for 25 minutes in a pressure cooker.

Pour plates when the agar has cooled down to 40-45 degrees celsius. The bottles that are not used can be reliquified in the microwave (no sparks because of the tinfoil in my microwave).

Oh, you mentioned there was food coloring in the agar. I have grown cubensis on green and red agar. Didn't notice any strange effects on growth. It might be bad for longterm storage of strains though

Need spores? We got spores!
Visit MUSHMUSH
for the highest quality exotic mushroom spores.
info@mushmush.nl

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

OfflineElektrolurch
enthusiast
Loc: Germany
    #403848 - 09/25/01 05:10 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hi,

normally the agar agar used for cultivation isn't in a solid form, but poudery. If I understand you right, you got a 1" bar of agar agar? Probably you can put a piece into some boiling water and it will melt. The difficulty is to achieve the right concentration. If the concentration is correct, the mixture should solidify between 40 C and 50 C.

Elektrolurch

p.d. biological food shops sell agar agar pouder, at least in Europe.

--------------------
"For all the time spent in that room
The doll's house, darkness, old perfume
And fairy stories held me high on
Clouds of sunlight floating by.", Pink Floyd '67

Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
    #403892 - 09/25/01 05:55 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the help guys! While I was at the store i seen the red and green bars you speak of, but I decided to go with the off-white. A lady at the store told me all I had to do was crumble this stuff in some hot water and i can make a mold of it...add flavor, ect. They also had some powder agar w/ other ingre. that seem of no use for shrooms. So thats what helped me in my dession to get the bars.
Now i still have the problem of what tek to use....I have no malt. So any good teks i can use for this, without using malt? I plan on using this agar for Pan.cyans. will this be ok for that strain? Well thats all I can think of for now....thx

--------------------

OfflinePapa_Bear
M-M GOOD!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
    #404360 - 09/25/01 11:21 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

From The Mushroom Cultivator:
PDA..Potatoe Dextrose Agar.. Filter extracted broth from 300 Grams of sliced potatoes in 1 Liter water boiled for 1 hour. 10 Grams Dextrose Sugar. 20 Grams Agar 2 Grams Yeast (optional).
Also: For Malt Agar You can usually find Light Tan Brewers Malt at a brewers supply, do not use Dark Malt. 20 Grams Malt to 20 Grams Agar 2 Grams Yeast
This should make 1 Liter of medium..Works for Pan. and Psil. mycelia. Good Luck

InvisibleCrossingTheStar
Unoriginal Philosopher
Male

Loc: U.S. of A. Flag
    #15943862 - 03/13/12 08:46 PM (12 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

foodchem said:
If you want to know more detail informations about agar agar, you can visite foodchem's agar agar page. There has some news about agar agar powder.

Two days ago, i used agar agar to make fruit jelly. i am successful.

Please ban user for bumping 10.5 year old thread.

--------------------
:durrhurr: Smoke enough weed and you'll never grow up, mentally. Peter Pan strain. :durrhurr:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies