Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjsage420
aka DJQBNSIS
 User Gallery

Loc: Panhandle
PRESERVING QUESTION
    #4031953 - 04/08/05 05:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Has anyone tried any methods of storing mushrooms and keeping them moist? I like the taste a lot better in wet shrooms than dry maybe its because they dont stick in my teeth.
Also I put mushrooms on a paper towel on my window seal that I harvested a couple of days ago will this hurt potency?

--------------------
If you put your head to the grass, you can hear it growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegratefulredhead

Loc: Off the map....
Re: PRESERVING QUESTION [Re: djsage420]
    #4033267 - 04/09/05 02:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Never heard of any success of this. Theoretically possible to freeze-dry, but then, i've heard, the shrooms turn to mush... friends of mine have had great luck drying, capsuling, and storing in the fridge for a suprisingly long time...

if you want to dry them, do it as quickly as you can, without over heating.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: PRESERVING QUESTION [Re: gratefulredhead]
    #4033283 - 04/09/05 03:06 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

They can only be stored for a week or two when fresh and refridgerated, do this in a paper bag. I would put that mushroom sitting on your window sill under a fan to help the drying process. There is no way of long term storage of fresh mushrooms. Best to just dry them now and when you want to trip make tea or put them in some food.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale