Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Ps. weilii(lawn/grass loving variety)
    #403030 - 09/24/01 09:11 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hello folks, thought I's share todays backyard find :) Stepped out the back door this morning onto the porch and not 10 feet from the porch grew 7 Ps. weilii :) What a way to wake up and start the day!.....hums the folgers coffee toon "The best part of waking up, is weilii in your yard" hehe

Anyways, took a few pics to share with you all. I've noticed the lawn variety to be alot shorter, and generally lighter colorerd than the woodland variety(carmel to redish colored). There are definitely differences, the woodlands grow much larger, and much taller, and are always dark when young. Maybe theres just so much air exchange across an open lawn, and so much more sunlight, that the lawn variety keeps short, and is faded to a lighter color? Here are some pics....

LK,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Ps. weilii(lawn/grass loving variety) [Re: Lizard King]
    #403056 - 09/24/01 09:28 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Those are ... the Sickest Shroom pictures ive ever seen.

Psilocybe weilii are the Grass and the Sun and the Rain.

Lizard King,
You are definately the King of weilii pictures on the planet.
Are you cataloging them all?
You should create the largest database of weilii photos on the world wide web.. and charge people outrageous amounts of money to view your site

keepshroomin.
gg

OfflineDunehound
jr. mycologist
Male
    #403085 - 09/24/01 09:54 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

What kind of camera do you use? those are incredible pictures.

No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other bastards die for their country.George S. Patton, General (1885-1945)

--------------------
I love it...

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Ps. weilii(lawn/grass loving variety) [Re: Dunehound]
    #403090 - 09/24/01 09:59 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I use a sony cybershot s30.

I have a giant gallery at FF right now of just weilii, so yes I am sort of keeping up with them all. There are 300+ pics of weilii so far :) And prime season is just getting started.

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#403130 - 09/24/01 10:37 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Here are some woodland specimens I also found today(not too many of them out right now) The second pic shows a weilii on a sweetgum tree leaf, in case some of you were wondering what the hell a sweetgum looks like.

LK,

--------------------

OfflineShroomieWv
    #403837 - 09/25/01 05:02 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

damn dude where do you live? where are these babys local too.. let me know and where are the best place to find them all weilii god!

Hey man did you see that? OH GOD!!!

--------------------
Hey man did you see that? OH GOD!!!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Ps. weilii(lawn/grass loving variety) [Re: ShroomieWv]
    #404719 - 09/26/01 10:47 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I live in mid-north GA, the weilii seem to be local only to the piedmont area of GA(the middle section of GA, the foothills basically) They grow in loamy soils under sweetgums and white oaks on previously disturbed land. Anywhere there was construction in the past 2-8yrs or so could possibly support Ps. weilii.

--------------------

OfflineLevi7
old hand
    #404729 - 09/26/01 10:58 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Ps. Weilii is like Ps. Stuntzii's Southern Cousin.
You know how us liberal PNW guys are skinny and our Southern Cousins are corn and Grits-fed boys?!
Hehe, you get me? Your shrooms seem to like the same environment as my Ps. Stuntzii! I guess the sweet-gum is kinda off, but you get my drift?
Just thought I'd say that! It's just me going off at the mouth again!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Ps. weilii(lawn/grass loving variety) [Re: Levi7]
    #404752 - 09/26/01 11:27 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

they are similar to stuntzii, in both habitat(woodland/grassland), and somewhat in appearance. The big difference is potency though, stuntzii don't even compare, I'd stick weilii up there just under the azures and cyans as far as potency is concerned :)

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #404822 - 09/26/01 12:40 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Weilii is most definately the most Potent shroom in the southeast.

Im not sure were the Taste and Smell of weilii originates from..hehe..i do not have a single idea why they smell like that. :)

I have never tried any Libs, Azures, or P.cyans,,but i put weilii on the very tip-top of the shroom-chain.
-'Wouldn't even need to try any others to still know that weilii signifies the zenith of all psychoactive shrooms in existance.

And theyre growing in lizards backyard!

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: Ps. weilii(lawn/grass loving variety) [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #404889 - 09/26/01 01:36 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Right on, GG! I totally believe you guys when you put it so high on the potency chart! Rocks!
Man, hopefully someday I'll be so lucky as to partake of Lizard King's Ps. Weilii! As generous as he is, I don't see him turning me away, when I'm around to get my meal! I think, anyways.
GG, how would you compare Cope. cyans to Ps. Weilii? I know the blue meanies are quite potent! Still, since you've had both, can you rate shroom-for-shroom for me?
You know, I look at your many pics, LK, and what I see is a luscious-looking proud-ass looking mushroom. It's just got composure, posture and Aura! It seems you're the only mushroom hunter on this board that has discovered this mushroom in their own areas. It's strange! If I still lived in South Carolina and was a member here, I'd be looking till I needed a new script for my spectacles, man! I dunno, but all those other Southerner shroom-hunters outta be looking for his species up and down the entire state!
Doo? Where are you, man! You gotta grab this bad-boy!
Anyway, I'm babbling, so Stay cool!-Levi7.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #404926 - 09/26/01 02:08 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Have you ever consider zipping all of your pics, with descriptions/names, together for a download?

>>Jammer>>

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Re: Ps. weilii(lawn/grass loving variety) [Re: Jammer]
    #405572 - 09/26/01 10:17 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Man, I'm no good with computer stuff, i wouldn't know how to zip em up and make em downloadable? I have about 400 pics of weilii all together, it would take forever to do anything with them all :)

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #405841 - 09/27/01 02:01 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineRandom911
Stranger
    #405975 - 09/27/01 08:22 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Lizard King, I've tried to send you a few PMs but havent gotten a reply yet. =p At any rate, I've been hunting for this weilii and I haven't found a one. I'm located in Cherokee County, but I'd definitely be willing to drive down to your area to do some hunting! Thanks!

Random

Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
Re: Ps. weilii(lawn/grass loving variety) [Re: Random911]
    #406224 - 09/27/01 01:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Unreal, LK ! It's amazing,you just walk out the door and there they are. It still amazes me that no one even knew about this species until just several years ago,and then very little was known about it then.If I were P.Stamets or any other reknown mycologist,and I needed info on this mushroom,you LK,would be the man to see.I'm surprised that P.S. hasn't tried to contact you anyway.
GG mentioned their taste.What do they taste like, if you can describe it?
Levi,I have been looking for the weilii in my area,so far with no luck.I have basically the same type environment that's in LK's area; I live in the piedmont area of N.C.(it ain't that far from Jawja),have plenty of sweetgums,loblolly pines,white oaks,bermudagrass,red clay,grits,and way too much damn construction. Of course all that doesn't mean they're here,but I'm not gonna give up.There's always that chance.

doo

No matter how hard you try, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: Ps. weilii(lawn/grass loving variety) [Re: doo]
    #406378 - 09/27/01 03:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Doo, it's funny how the mushrooms decide to make a place their home. You see, this issue at hand is a mushroom that loves the grass you mention, environment you mention and of course the shadetree! Mycelium is a very intelligent little thing, man! We're not talking about a plant,we're tlaking about a fungus! The fungi have far more intelligence than the plants! You get my drift? People find them in areas and other people find them in the same type areas, but they are not found in every area of that type. It's strange, you know! We know that the spores have to have crossed every single area we've looked! For real! I don't get it! If plant seeds were to fall in the places that the species likes, then the plant will grow. This is not so for the mushrooms! Mind-boggling.
Man, It's so easy for someone to go into a field and pick a Ps. cubensis or a Ps. semilanceata and leave with their gold, not even giving thought to what really happens in the growth process to produce their gold! Whoa!
MJShroomer has stated that Ps. Stuntzii grow in manicured lawns, etc. and I'll look at every fertilized, green lawn with a potential aspect. It just isnt' so. That mushroom will grow wherever it damn well pleases and that's the end of the story!
I'm sure there's absolute perfect places that should , in fact, host Ps. Weilii in your spots. Man, you might dust an entire acre with spores and they still will be stubborn-ass pieces of shit! Hehe! You know what I mean, right?
I've rambled on making a simple statement: They will grow when and where they want to! hehe!
Stay cool!-Levi7.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom