Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
I ate a toxic shroom...
    #4023880 - 04/06/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Let me start with the cake itself. It colonized fully, however it would not fruit, i didnt know what to do, so i left it in there for a couple weeks. i started learning about casing, cased the cake. By this point the cake didnt have any strange colors, it was just kinda short and fat from being colonized for so long. The casing was poor, consisting of only wetted vermiculite, but eventually a flush came, much to my suprise.

thats about a 7g dried. Ate them in some peanut butter, went out to the woods. when i got an hours walk out into the wilderness i got hit with the peak, which was a very intense head high, little imaginations or thought, no OEV's or CEV's, trip itself has lasted 12 hours, very reminencisnt of LSD ( or the crappy LSD i took my one and only time ).

Oh and i almost forgot to mention, strong kidney pains, in which i was pissing pretty heavy sediment for urine. yeah, that was so much fun, thinking im pissing blood and gonna die.

So anyways i made a few syringes before i ate the shrooms, and my question is this, will the properties of the obvious contaimation on the cubes i grew be carried into the spores? if thats the case then i should throw out the solution i made, but if not then i should have a salvagable spore solution.

Also, any ideas on how the cake could have been contaminated after it had been colonized, or what type of toxins did i ingest that could cause such effects?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
Re: I ate a toxic shroom... [Re: Abermelin]
    #4023977 - 04/06/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

why are you so sure the mushrooms were toxic?

it sounds like you were just a little freaked out on your trip and maybe dehydrated as well.

even if the mushrooms did absorb toxins, the toxins would not be passed on in the spores. however, if the spores came into contact with a toxin-producing contaminant, the contaminant could adhere to the spores and grow again when the spores are germinated on agar, grain, cakes, etc., thus producing new toxins to be absorbed by the mushrooms.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Re: I ate a toxic shroom... [Re: eric_the_red]
    #4024032 - 04/06/05 10:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Because i had strong kidney pains and the experience itself was very uncomortable, uninsightful, and paranoid, not to mention its unusually long duration.

I would also like to append to my original post the fact that the mushrooms tasted salty and more putrid than normal.

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male
Re: I ate a toxic shroom... *DELETED* [Re: Abermelin]
    #4024052 - 04/06/05 10:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by roby000

Reason for deletion: d

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Re: I ate a toxic shroom... [Re: roby000]
    #4024395 - 04/07/05 12:21 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

um my lower back started to cramp and hurt, but the pain was actually on either side of my bladder. is that the liver? maybe i was pissing blood.

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #4024399 - 04/07/05 12:23 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ive had kidney pains form mush. but its just your back gets tight as with any hallucinagen.

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: I ate a toxic shroom... [Re: the man]
    #4025464 - 04/07/05 09:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

did you break the casing up to see if there were actually any contams in it? You feel all sorts of things while tripping, and a little back pain could easily be exaggerated into mycotoxicosis...

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Re: I ate a toxic shroom... [Re: dr0mni]
    #4025510 - 04/07/05 09:29 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i already had some degree of backpain, the shrooms just kinda increased it. Like i said before what really bothered me was the sharp stinging pains that occured every few minutes in my kidneys, liver, or whatever is on either side of the bladder (or the bladder itself maybe). And dont tell me that is normal, because its not.

My point in writing this thread wasn't really to figure out if or how it became contaminated, i really would like an answer to my question on if the spore inherits the traits of a contaminated mushroom or not.

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

#4025623 - 04/07/05 10:06 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Abermelin said:
My point in writing this thread wasn't really to figure out if or how it became contaminated, i really would like an answer to my question on if the spore inherits the traits of a contaminated mushroom or not.

you asked if the "properties of this obvious contamination" would be carried by the spores and i already answered your question.

spores carry genetic information, not toxins.

maybe this will help you understand better:

let's say you have alcohol poisoning. you get your wife/girlfriend pregnant, while you are drunk. genetic information is combined. 9 months later an offspring will be born, carrying genetic information passed on by a poisoned parent, but the child will not be born drunk.

--------------------

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male
Re: I ate a toxic shroom... [Re: eric_the_red]
    #4025633 - 04/07/05 10:12 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

kidney pain would be mid lower back... what color was the urine... and have you had any reoccuring blood in your piss since?

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

#4026940 - 04/07/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

my apologies erik the red, i didnt see that last paragraph you wrote. well thats good to know, now i just gotta make sure my cakes are healthy. hell, if they do become contaminated, at least i can tell by the shrooms salty nasty taste before i ingest em. i really should invest in a hepa filter though....

well, it wasnt blood as far as i could tell, it was just heavy sediments coming through my urine, as it was a darkish brown color, but it cleared up during the night as i chugged liters of water. im ok now, i guess my body had to flush the toxins. also, my head hurts as if i had sniffed naphtha or done lsd, an obvious sign of neurotoxins.

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

#4027324 - 04/07/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Abermelin said:
i really should invest in a hepa filter though....

:yesnod:

they work wonders.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract