Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
pmp noise tip+the lid of a pmp question
    #4019302 - 04/05/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

hey all.i read the pmp archive post, although i might have missed some 'cause i wasnt logged in sometimes and my preferences for how much viewed in 1 page is different. so sorry if this is in there somewhere. before i move on to the point i thought ild share an idea i had(though im sure im not the first to think this) i did a test of it in a most basic form and found it not to be too noisy in my closet with some towels around it to muffle the noise. but just to be on the safe side i plan on getting one of those small waterfall rock decorative things for my room. i use that room as a meditative room(among other things) and ill say the sound helps relax me. this is a better solution for me than getting fish and a fish tank.

ok now to my questions:
what is the best way to deal with the lid of a pmp? i want to add a plexi glass window to the lid so i can see inside without having to open the thing every time i get curious(which im sure will be alot,lol). i figure i'll cut out apiece from the lid and put a little larger section of plexi glass over it.
my question is how do i secure it properly so no air leaks out?

another issue im wondering about is sealing the lid on. i figure ill make a few holes on each side and use butterfly screws to seal it tight.
would i need to do anything more than that to keep air from escaping through the thin strips of lid sides?
while im at it, what is the best way to deal with the holes made for the air lines, when theres a little tiny space left? should i fill them in with some polyfil somehow or is there some better way to deal with that issue?
thx in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShortyMcAffy
n00blar

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Re: pmp noise tip+the lid of a pmp question [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4019325 - 04/05/05 09:39 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

I dont think you need to worry about air escaping that bad. In fact, your pmp needs air flow. If youre that into making that window you could probably just set it on top of the lid and let its own weight do the work.

As for the holes for the tubes, I used a drill that was smaller than the tubes and then pushed the drill outward to expand the holes. Good luck dude.

--------------------
Do you like GLASS PIPES?

If you answered yes to the question above then check out this website.
http://community.webshots.com/user/shortymcaffy

If you want to know how to get some PM me.

OfflineShortyMcAffy
n00blar

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Re: pmp noise tip+the lid of a pmp question [Re: ShortyMcAffy]
    #4019346 - 04/05/05 09:45 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

On second though, I dont know if your window idea is really worth it. Youre better off just opening the lid up. The only thing youll have to make sure of is that the chamber is high enough in humidity otherwise youll be letting even more of the need water out.

If youre doing a pmp exactly how its explained you shouldnt have any humidity problems. With my hydrakorrels/geolite/whatever the fuck you want to call it the humidity is awesome. If youre using perlite ive heard it holds humidity really well so you shouldnt have to worry about the air being too dry in the pod and you could open it often enough for your pleasing im sure.

--------------------
Do you like GLASS PIPES?

If you answered yes to the question above then check out this website.
http://community.webshots.com/user/shortymcaffy

If you want to know how to get some PM me.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4019619 - 04/05/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

This is a box I recently made from a 45 gal Sterlite container. Since the lid is not clear, I had to make a plexiglass window for the top. I decided how large I wanted the window to be, and then had the plastic cut slightly larger than that so it could sit on top of the lid(they will cut the plexiglass for you at Lowes so measure before you go). I first used epoxy that is made especially for plastics to attach the glass to my lid, that is the flat glue like substance you see between the glass and the lid. I then added a bead of 100% silicone aquarium sealant around the inside edge where the glass meets the lid. I did this because the lid is somewhat concave and the glass being flat does not seat perfectly on top of the lid. I also do not know what effect the epoxy may have if it is in contact with the fruits, so this adds a barrier between them.

With the lid off, you can see that I also added a weather strip around the edge to help ensure that humidity does not escape between the lid and the box. It is true that you need two holes in the top for air flow, but I wanted my box to be sealed everywhere else so that I can regulate the amount of air flow as needed. The weather strip should also reduce the noise somewhat since it will reduce vibration of the lid.

I only plan on growing edibles in this box, of course.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #4019870 - 04/06/05 12:06 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

I hear the original pmp had the plexi glass siliconed onto the lid.  :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: pmp noise tip+the lid of a pmp question [Re: Magash]
    #4019927 - 04/06/05 12:25 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

you can cut that plexiglass yourself by "scoring" it (tracing a straight line w/ box-cutter) and then snapping it.

--------------------

OfflineIr0NLunG68420
BLaZeDuP
 User Gallery

Loc: Tripville
Re: pmp noise tip+the lid of a pmp question [Re: psilocyben]
    #4021010 - 04/06/05 09:51 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

psilocyben said:
you can  cut that plexiglass yourself by "scoring" it (tracing a straight line w/ box-cutter) and then snapping it.

:thumbup: Exactly how I did it. I figured hell you can cut metal like that why not plexiglass

--------------------
"I never meant to give you mushrooms girl, I never meant to bring you to my world, but now you're sitting in the corner crying, and now it's MY FAULT, MY FAULT."
-Eminem-
Second grow log GT & B+
First grow log Mexicub & B+

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: pmp noise tip+the lid of a pmp question [Re: Ir0NLunG68420]
    #4021993 - 04/06/05 02:53 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

thx everyone for the input. where should i look for"silicone aquarium sealant"? lowes or a pet supply store?

OfflineIr0NLunG68420
BLaZeDuP
 User Gallery

Loc: Tripville
    #4022008 - 04/06/05 02:58 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Wal-Mart has silicone.

--------------------
"I never meant to give you mushrooms girl, I never meant to bring you to my world, but now you're sitting in the corner crying, and now it's MY FAULT, MY FAULT."
-Eminem-
Second grow log GT & B+
First grow log Mexicub & B+

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Re: pmp noise tip+the lid of a pmp question [Re: Ir0NLunG68420]
    #4022076 - 04/06/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

ok so ill look for silicone sealant at walmart then

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures