Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaurasofazure
Stranger
Allergic reaction
    #4008336 - 04/03/05 11:39 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hello fellow community,

Last night I tripped off the first batch of Ecuador's on PF Style cased cakes.  It was a very small flush (only 2 shrooms) and the cake looked normal (I've have many years of experience).  Initially the mild trip started out very normal and expected.  But a couple hours after ingesting, the trip became unexpectedly turbulent, I was unable to focus on anything coherently.  About an hour later, I started experiencing severe stomach pains and heart burn (which I felt before on shrooms but not to this extent).  This only lasted about 10 minutes and transformed to itchy and tingly sensations throughout my entire body, especially my face.  When I went to check the mirror, I saw a horrific site!  My face and neck was very red and a little swollen, and I had localized rashes and what appeared to be insect bites all over my body!  :confused: This subsided 2 hours later.

Now, I've taken plenty of shrooms before, and this was a small quantity.  I'm thinking there was some contamination in the cake, but the cake and shrooms looked healthy (except for some strange looking puff ball aborts).  Has any one ever experienced something like this, and what could have caused it?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.  God Bless ! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Allergic reaction [Re: aurasofazure]
    #4008407 - 04/03/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Puffyness and redness can definatly be an allergic reaction. I supose it could be an unseen bacteria or somthing?

I am not too sure but it does sound like an allergic reaction. I would be careful eating mushrooms in the future.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Allergic reaction [Re: baraka]
    #4008973 - 04/03/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps it was something else you were exposed to, besides the mushrooms..just a coincidence?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineaurasofazure
Stranger
Re: Allergic reaction [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4009928 - 04/03/05 07:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't believe it was a coincidence, I've never experienced a reaction like this to anything. I know it was the shrooms since, I could feel it through my body. I didn't eat anything before or after the trip that would cause this. Could it be a bad batch maybe? I did leave the shrooms in a bag for 36 hours in the fridge before I ate it, maybe that had something to do with it?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #4010490 - 04/03/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've also experienced this. I even keep a bottle of zantac nearby to help with the heartburn. I beleive it's bacteria, because it doesn't happen when I make tea, or with dry mushies. It only seems to happen really bad with fresh ones.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #4011222 - 04/04/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you speak to an allergist about this - and my cousin has pretty bad allergies and he goes to one a bit - its probably pretty unlikely that your reaction was from some tiny bacteria or mold, since we inject these all the time on foods that we keep in the fridge, etc. If you get a type of bacteria or mold growing on your msuhrooms or substrate, chances are it is an airborn variety that has been living in your house for some time, and if youve never ahd trouble with it before, i find it hard to believe that the injection of a microscopic amount of it (consdiering you saw no signs of contamination), makes it unlikely that this is teh culprit.
Id hate to burst your bubble, but it may have been the shrooms themselves.
Mushrooms are listed as one of the top 8 foods that cause allergic reactions.

--------------------

Offlineaurasofazure
Stranger
Re: Allergic reaction [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #4012014 - 04/04/05 08:57 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I've eaten all kinds of mushrooms before and never had an abnormal reaction. I've grown many strains of cubensis before (and ate them in large quantities) without any sort of major adverse reaction. Could it be possible to be allergic to only a certain strain of a mushroom? (i.e. allergic to an equador and not a cambodian?) My guess would be no since they are all cubensis.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#4013114 - 04/04/05 03:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

My guess would be no since they are all cubensis.

Ditto :thumbup:

-Gnostic

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #4015927 - 04/05/05 04:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I know a dude who ate eggs every day for breakfast and when he turned 59 he suddenly became highly allergic to them out of the blue.
But it was probably something else - just try cubies again and see...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate