Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Trying to figure out why my flushes of Pan Cyans aren't coming out very even.
    #4000188 - 04/01/05 12:16 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Just wondering, for those of you that have had nice/even/large flushes of Pan Cyans, what subtrate and casing layer depth have you used?

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trying to figure out why my flushes of Pan Cyans aren't coming out very even. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #4000266 - 04/01/05 12:32 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

IME, two words sum up nice flushes: Air exchange...

Initiation is everything. Only a thin casing is needed, High humidity and lots of fresh air for a good pinset!!!

IMO you can never provide enough fresh air! As much as you can without being detrimental to humidity! Try not to let the humidity fluctuate much, but give continuous fresh air at the same time

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Trying to figure out why my flushes of Pan Cyans aren't coming out very even. [Re: Olgualion]
    #4001302 - 04/01/05 03:44 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

How thin are we talking on the casing layer? Just a dusting, 1/4", somewhere in between?

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Trying to figure out why my flushes of Pan Cyans aren't coming out very even. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #4001878 - 04/01/05 06:08 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

maybe you could give pics/explanation of your setup, olg?

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trying to figure out why my flushes of Pan Cyans aren't coming out very even. [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #4003092 - 04/01/05 11:03 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

There is a log I just finished up in the grow logs forum - check it out.

It is really a pretty basic setup.  Cool mist on 24/7, connected to a sterlite tub (guesstimating 16-20 quarts).  The cool mist is connected to the top of the front side of the tub.  There is a total of 12 .25inch holes in the tub.  During initiation all but 2 at the botom and 1 near the top are taped shut.  after initiation, most of the holes are open.  Dude lives on the east coast US with relatively high humidity, so this will definitely vary regionally.  This keeps everything near optimal.  You need to play with the number of holes, where to place them, and how many to keep open or closed.

Anybody can grow mycelium, casing run (for cubes) is a bit more difficult to get down, but IMO initiation is the most important factor for a good pinset for any species!

It is also my opinion, that you can never have too much fresh air, beginning at initiation. and going throughout fruiting.  You just cant let the fresh air be detrimental to humidity!

Casing run is simple with copes/pans.  You don't need to worry about microclimate conditions as long as your terrarium conditions are optimal.  IMO the only need for a casing with PANS is for beneficial bacteria.  DO NOT sterilize your casing mixture (peat!).

In the log, a very thin casing mixture (just peat - dude ran out of vermiculite) maybe .125 to .25 inch was applied.  It wasn't totally even, and didn't even cover all of the substrate.  It was sprayed and as soon as bits of mycelium showed through, BLAM!! INITIATION!  The layer was so thin that the next few days, the mycelium showed through pretty evenly.  I think it took 4 or 5 days from casing application to pinning.

Check out the log, post queastions.  I am much better at answering specifics then generalities.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3882795/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

Just before casing:
3/21

Iinitiation:
3/22

3/27

How have you been kilgore? :smile:

Edited by Olgualion (04/01/05 11:10 PM)

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Trying to figure out why my flushes of Pan Cyans aren't coming out very even. [Re: Olgualion]
    #4003966 - 04/02/05 05:38 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

ive been ok. im used to being broke and having stomach ulcers and what not. the winter was pretty shitty due to my current residence's inability to keep in heat. ice was forming on the insides of my windows. not good for mush cult. have you been well? feel free to pm me anytime rather than us jacking this thread lol. (+ as many know, i love getting mail, cheap pun intended of course)

i was going to suggest double tubs or something similar to what youd said, with about an eighth of an inch or so of casing. so yeah, 1/8-1/4, i wouldnt go any higher. also, even moisture in the casing is always important for a good pinset of any species. as much air exchange as possible without hurting humidity should be every growers opinion, esp. concerning more exotic species such as these.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom