Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
they just gave the pope the last rites...
    #3996511 - 03/31/05 05:07 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Probably a good thing if he dies. He's been around way too long and is all set in his ways and stuff. Maybe the catholics'll find themselves a nice young liberal priest who will stop all this stupid shit and promote sensible policies.

Like stop telling people in Africa that using condoms or other birth control will give them aids....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3996524 - 03/31/05 05:10 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Hasn't he already recieved his last rites a few times before?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Learyfan]
    #3996555 - 03/31/05 05:18 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Could be... I didn't know he was this far gone... I think it's about time he died and there was some change in the church however small that change may be...

Learyfan... i like the picture.... very (insert appropriate word here) (can't think of the right word ATM)

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Kamek]
    #3996659 - 03/31/05 05:34 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

The pope used to sell chemicals that killed Jews to the Nazis during WW2. I hope that old bastard falls out of his wheelchair and dies alone on the floor of some hospital. Too bad when he dies christianity lives on.....

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: DNKYD]
    #3996809 - 03/31/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

It's to bad the catholic church couldn't go the way of the Order of the Star, and have the new pope get up and say:

"We are going to discuss this morning the dissolution of the catholic church. Many will be delighted, and others will be rather sad. It is a question neither for rejoicing nor for sadness, because it is inevitable, as I am going to explain....

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organised; nor should any organisation be formed to lead or coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organise a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organise it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallised; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others.

This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley....

Because I am free, unconditioned, whole, not the part, not the relative, but the whole Truth that is eternal, I desire those, who seek to understand me, to be free, not to follow me, not to make out of me a cage which will become a religion, a sect. Rather should they be free from all fears - from the fear of religion, from the fear of salvation, from the fear of spirituality, from the fear of love, from the fear of death, from the fear of life itself. As an artist paints a picture because he takes delight in that painting, because it is his self-expression, his glory, his well-being, so I do this and not because I want any thing from anyone. You are accustomed to authority, or to the atmosphere of authority which you think will lead you to spirituality. You think and hope that another can, by his extraordinary powers - a miracle - transport you to this realm of eternal freedom which is Happiness. Your whole outlook on life is based on that authority.

Again, you have the idea that only certain people hold the key to the Kingdom of Happiness. No one holds it. No one has the authority to hold that key. That key is your own self, and in the development and the purification and in the incorruptibility of that self alone is the Kingdom of Eternity....

You have been accustomed to being told how far you have advanced, what is your spiritual status. How childish! Who but yourself can tell you if you are incorruptible?....

But those who really desire to understand, who are looking to find that which is eternal, without a beginning and without an end, will walk together with greater intensity, will be a danger to everything that is unessential, to unrealities, to shadows. And they will concentrate, they will become the flame, because they understand. Such a body we must create, and that is my purpose. Because of that true friendship - which you do not seem to know - there will be real co-operation on the part of each one. And this not because of authority, not because of salvation, but because you really understand, and hence are capable of living in the eternal. This is a greater thing than all pleasure, than all sacrifice.

So those are some of the reasons why, after careful consideration for two years, I have made this decision. It is not from a momentary impulse. I have not been persuaded to it by anyone - I am not persuaded in such things. For two years I have been thinking about this, slowly, carefully, patiently, and I have now decided to disband the Order, as I happen to be its Head. You can form other organisations and expect someone else. With that I am not concerned, nor with creating new cages, new decorations for those cages. My only concern is to set men absolutely, unconditionally free."

Wouldn't that be great?

http://bernie.cncfamily.com/k_pathless.htm

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #3996822 - 03/31/05 05:58 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

The pope used to sell chemicals that killed Jews to the Nazis during WW2.

:rolleyes:

Now I'm as opposed to the pope's brash conservatism just as much as the next guy but I don't believe he had a hand in killing the Jews.  That's either a joke or it's another conspiracy theory without facts to back it up.  I think the pope did a lot of good in this world it's just too bad he wasn't more open-minded.  Look at me I'm already talking as if her were dead.  It really looks like he doesn't have very much longer on this earth.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3996827 - 03/31/05 05:58 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

are you completely ignorant of history? Pope john paul 2 wasnt even a pope anywhere NEAR ww2. Besides which, he was the very top of an already war-hardened and strong generation. His record and personality are exceptional.

It will be sad to see him go because he WAS making the church both kinder and stronger.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3996841 - 03/31/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

yeah, after his near-assassination...and I believe some other time due to illness.

I saw the pope live in concert (world youth day) when I was like 13. shortly after was when I decided I was not a catholic/christian.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: tomk]
    #3996890 - 03/31/05 06:06 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

tomk said:
Wouldn't that be great?

Indeed it would.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: vampirism]
    #3996912 - 03/31/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
are you completely ignorant of history? Pope john paul 2 wasnt even a pope anywhere NEAR ww2.

Did I say he was Pope at the time of this sick deed? No, I did not.

Quote:

In the early 1940's, a young Polish salesman, employed by I.G. Farben Chemical Company (manufacturer of cyanide gas) 1 sold cyanide to the Nazis, for use in Auschwitz. He also worked as a chemist manufacturing the cyanide gas that exterminated millions of Jews and other peoples in the very heart of the Auschwitz extermination camp. Fearing for his life after the war, he took refuge in the Catholic church (cult) and was ordained a priest in late 1946. In 1958, he was ordained Poland's youngest bishop. After the thirty day reign and assassination of his predecessor, he assumed the papacy as Pope John Paul II

http://www.alamoministries.com/content/english/Antichrist/Fugitive_Pope.html

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3996920 - 03/31/05 06:12 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

that is pure bullshit.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3996944 - 03/31/05 06:18 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Also from the pastor at alamo ministries:

"The IRS, working with CAN (the Cult Awareness Network? they are the cult to be aware of) and false, bribed witnesses, has been holding a secret grand jury trial against me, Pastor Tony Alamo, in Memphis, Tennessee, hoping to get an indictment against me for criminal tax evasion. Those well-known tyrants are threatening former members and acquaintances of my church. The former members of my church (backsliders) are being told by the IRS and other government agencies that if they don?t falsely testify against me on these trumped-up charges, along with a bogus child abuse case in Southern California, the IRS will file false conspiracy charges against the former members of my church."

http://www.alamoministries.com/content/english/Gospel_literature/heavenlypharmacy.html

Maybe this guy is a crackpot.

That would make him like the pope!

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3996977 - 03/31/05 06:28 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

So long, Johnny.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Silversoul]
    #3996980 - 03/31/05 06:28 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

how american

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3996985 - 03/31/05 06:29 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Hasn't he already recieved his last rites a few times before?

Once before, after his asassination attempt in the early 80s.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3997002 - 03/31/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
how american

So?

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: Silversoul]
    #3997005 - 03/31/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

just completely classless and vapid, thats all.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #3997011 - 03/31/05 06:34 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

http://popejohnpaul.com/php/showContent.php?linkid=1
During the Nazi occupation Karol clandestinely pursued both his studies and his acting while working as a stonecutter to support himself and to hold the work permit he needed to avoid deportation or imprisonment. Karol Wojtyla was active in the UNIA, a Christian democratic underground organization. B'nai B'rith and other authorities have testified that he helped Jews find refuge from the Nazis.

Offlinepink_buffalo
deranged
Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: cybrbeast]
    #3997081 - 03/31/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

learyfan do u really need a nazi pic as ur avator what do u believe in that shit white power this is susposed to be a peacefull site get ridda that sick before i [no flaming]

--------------------
death, its a one and a life time experence ill be ready will you?

Edited by Learyfan (03/31/05 08:38 PM)

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: they just gave the pope the last rites... [Re: pink_buffalo]
    #3997088 - 03/31/05 06:58 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

The Swastika was not a symbol of rascism, death and destruction until the Nazis got a hold of it. And his avatar is not a nazi pic.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order