Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
being sensitive to ghosts (or Who You Gonna Call?)
    #3975119 - 03/27/05 02:29 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

(please people, for the purposes of this thread, try to just assume the same things as me, especially regarding word definitions. Phrases such as "psychically attuned" below, c'mon, you know what I mean so don't raise a fuss. If you steadfastly don't or won't know what I mean, bugger off.)

okay, so let's say I consider myself to be one of those people who are less psychically attuned than average. For example, at work tonight everyone was all creeped-out because the restaurant is supposedly haunted, and it was a full moon last night, and the ghost(s) was/were apparently over active tonight, banging around and slamming cupboards. But I wasn't feeling it, and even when everyone else left and I was last (sweepin', moppin'), and I locked up by myself and turned out the lights and walked through the dark creepy restaurant all alone, I wasn't feeling oppresive ghost-ness at all, or any willies. (I was a little creeped-out as I left, but only because there's a mannequin right near the door. Admit it, mannequins are creepy.)

There are other examples of this nature. Though I have had what I would term 'supernatural experiences', the natures of which I will not be going into here, I have also had what can be thought of as the opposite (natural experiences? subnatural?). I'd consider tonight's lack of ghostliness an example of such.

So, we'll call them Subnatural Experiences for now. Here's what I'm getting at: there seems to be an unspoken assumption that the ability to perceive lots of supernatural stuff, the tendency to be very sensitive to psychic phenomena, the heightened awareness of and attunement to ghosts or astral beings/events, etc, is some amazing gift. Like people who have these experiences more than others are kind of extra cool, there's a smugness to it.

Maybe, these sensitivities or experiences belie some kind of imbalance in the person having them. I mean, what's the use of them?

Another example: there's a theory out there that we are all, each one of us, constantly being contacted by aliens, and only some of us are aware of it and have fragments of memories from contacts. Since these memories tend to be unpleasant (anal probes!), what's so great about them? If someone were to be having discussions with the aliens, you know, trading information and comparing points-of-view, swapping jokes, that would be good. Practical, relevant, useful. But instead people come back with these harrowing experiences of having needles jammed into them and being anally probed or whatever, sinister little big-headed grey men. I'd rather be the way I am, unaware of my allegedly constant contact with seemingly malevolent aliens.

Maybe it depends on what kind of use one makes out of one's experiences, super- or subnatural. I'd like to think I generally make the best of my experiences, whatever their nature.

Oh! I forgot one thing: when, on occasion, I am aware of some psychic phenomenon, or ghost or something, I tend to not be afraid. Usually I am curious and try to initiate more meaningful contact, like if there's a 'ghost' banging cupboards in the kitchen, I'll go to the kitchen and ask what it wants, what's the big idea banging cupboards at 2 in the morning? (I've never had any tangible response from a ghost.) The theory that springs from this is that some spirits or ghosts (or maybe all of them) feed off human fear, like they get high on it or it nourishes them or something, and so they lie in wait and when a human comes along they scare the shit out of it. And drink up the fear.

Maybe I'm not interesting to such ghosts because I sort of call their bluffs. Wow that was a long post. Okay, go:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: being sensitive to ghosts (or Who You Gonna Call?) [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3975148 - 03/27/05 02:41 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i don't know that there are ghosts, but i get a creepy feeling walking in small places like halls in the dark and get all kinds of gittery, but in big social settings im always the one like" hey you guys are fuckin stupid" cuz i dont see or feel what they do.

only when im solo. do i feel the "presence" of something.

huh..made me think about life.

when im in big groups period. i feel alone.
but when truely alone...i sometimes feel "presence"

ironic 'eh?

i introvert.
ghost must know this...they wait till im comfortable (alone by myself)

and when im (lonely not by myself) they livin' things up by fuckin with everyone else???

i dont know :confused:

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: being sensitive to ghosts (or Who You Gonna Call?) [Re: uriahchase]
    #3975159 - 03/27/05 02:49 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the other thing I forgot to mention is that I was kinda drunk toight as I locked up, having drank 2 beers. I wonder if that made me less permeable to ghosts' ominous ministrations.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3982081 - 03/28/05 09:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

(bump) anyone?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3982183 - 03/28/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What is your question? I think you answered it when you said they aren't interested in you because you call their bluff. if you think their are spirits who don't know they are dead (ghosts)and are generating fear to feed on to feel energized and alive like we do here then, you know how to cut them off and if everyone did, they may be forced to realize they are dead and that a human body was never the source of energy that gives life they could then see those that would help them get hooked up to another energy source......love from source.

Sounds to me like people need to call you to bust on them Zeke.

hahaha, Zeke the ghost buster for hire.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: being sensitive to ghosts (or Who You Gonna Call?) [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3982346 - 03/28/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Now it is my turn to be called crazy or stupid...or just a liar. I witness phantom type phenomenon in my house from time to time. To clarify these things have the clear, defined outlines of people, but you can see through them. I can often follow one for up to 30 seconds before it fades. They move with the fluidity of living beings. On holidays they are more prevalent than at other times. On Christmas and Halloween I tend to see the most. Two halloweens ago I counted over 30 in just over two hours between 8PM and 1030PM. I don't see them all of the time...just at certain times. When it started I would be alone, but now the room can be full of people and I will see them anyway. This could be me I guess. I don't really know what they are and I am open to suggestions. I hesitate to say ghost because, even though I live across the street from an isolated grave yard, I am not convinced that they are human or ex-human. They seem to have no interest in me and have walked through me on a few occasions. On two occasions...while alone...their footsteps became audible. The second time was the day before yesterday. The first was over two years ago. The beginning of this seemed to follow the adoption of my current spiritual beliefs. Any suggestions I am open. Anyone want to criticise...I am fair game because this cannot be proved.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: being sensitive to ghosts (or Who You Gonna Call?) [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3983411 - 03/29/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hue is your house very old?

that's a crazy story. The only thing like it I have is that up until about a year ago I was haunted by a black cat that would follow me around and flash in the corner of my eye from time to time. This lasted for about 4 years I guess. It would disappear around corners and not be there, it was pretty tangible sometimes. Very convincing. Am open to suggestions as well.

You'd think, if it were the Universe trying to send a message or teach a lesson, it would be much more obvious.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3984193 - 03/29/05 04:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

your pictures of the world can be completed better with phantoms
you are both working very hard at completing the world in different ways
so
actually you are true seekers.
your ghost stories give me the willies though.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: being sensitive to ghosts (or Who You Gonna Call?) [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3984943 - 03/29/05 11:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hahahah Red. I beleive they both have experienced what they say they have. When I was falling asleep, I was thinking about what Hue said, about some of them walking through him. I thought of  what that would be like while I was awake and I got the willies. :shiftyeyes: It was fun! Cool stories Hue! I had a friend who livd in a condo built next to a cemetary. She had a ghost in her plae she named Red.

She said she would see this woman in late 1800 dress and big red poofy hair breezing through her hallways. She thought it was neat.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3985867 - 03/29/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

No my house was built by my father 25 years ago. I bought it from my parents 3 years ago.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3985886 - 03/29/05 02:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I try to report what I see without a slant, which I know is hard to do. Maybe I am crazy. If so then I am only crazy with around .02% of my life or less. I have a personal interpretation which I will not share because it is too subjective and not in the least provable. If you maintain that it was caused by a disorder, I would be inclined to agree to the possibility because it defies my rationality somewhat. Anyway, there is nothing spooky or scary about it. It is such a distinct experience that fear is the farthest thing from my mind. My wife gets all freaky when I talk about it to her so I quit mentioning it. At this point it seems like only a quirky experience. I try to be a concrete rational person, but there are places where my concrete won't dry.

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3986092 - 03/29/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
I try to be a concrete rational person, but there are places where my concrete won't dry.

Neat way to put a lot things! :wink:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineJon
    #3986335 - 03/29/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I will admit that a majority of my issues have to do with what your talking about, being sensitive to ghosts. I used to severely hallucinate as a child, an unexplainable phenominon that induced the very best of fear in me. I used to see all kinds of things, dancing naked barbies, mostly snakes, dolls( A chucky like doll, i remember being afraid of chucky as a kid and I saw similar dolls every soo often, they were never identical to the doll in the motion picture)I usually saw things that I was afraid of at the moment, but it was definently not monsters under the bed, something was seriously wrong with me. I began to move on with my hallucinations and began to see different things. There was a point in my life that every walk down the dark stairs to get a drink of water in the middle of the night would become an encounter with a ghostly figure with a blue hue, very detailed mostly old people. These people looked like regular old folks, completely motionless and they just stare into nothing, either way it terrified me as a child. I used to be afraid to go to the bathroom, the living room, my sisters room, and etc. I saw people at specific places, the old lady sitting cross legged on my sisters nightstand, the man in the hat hanging in one of the coats in the closet directly across from my bed, an old man sitting on my stairs and another vague image of a woman standing in my attic stairs. Oddly, I stopped seeing things after there was a fire in my kitchen, pretty big fire actually, I was home alone that night. Since 1997 ive been pretty much free of seeing people or things that werent there, but as a child it was a major problem and still poses a problem for me today. Ive used christianity as my crutch basically to keep things explained, where as for my hallucinations I can just call it the devil, but not really soo any more. Pastors recalled it to me as purity, a certain innoscence that allows you to see things that are supernatural. But rather than it being supernatural, it was really my naiive mind decieving myself, my subconcious undoubtedly likes to play tricks on me. I havent necessarily concluded to that upon my experiences, but its the only possible explanation to keep me sane "my mind is playing tricks on me" I would really love to justify that as a belief, but the snakes, i felt it run across my feet and it felt very cold. I saw its scales glistening in the moonlight, and my mother recalled she felt a cold wind the second I screamed. To this day I still dont know what to think of what happened, either im crazy or my house is haunted or somthing. I swear my life on every word said here, and if anyone had the same experiences as a child, it would greatly comfort me to hear about it. As far as it is, I have known none that have actually seen their monster under the bed.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: being sensitive to ghosts (or Who You Gonna Call?) [Re: Jon]
    #3986459 - 03/29/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Perhapse it is you who are "supernatural". Maybe you can materialise your own fears. Try to turn it into your advantage. Think of how great would it be to combine it with daydreaming.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineJon
Re: being sensitive to ghosts (or Who You Gonna Call?) [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3986548 - 03/29/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It is, but a dream.  :lol:

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3986585 - 03/29/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What is a dream?

--------------------

OfflineJon
    #3986759 - 03/29/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Matthew 2:17-19

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3986850 - 03/29/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"I used to see all kinds of things, dancing naked barbies"

Just a simple question: did they do anything besides dance for you?

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3986873 - 03/29/05 07:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Never seen a naked barby, do they shave?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3986891 - 03/29/05 07:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I can vouch for that...they do. I had a pretty twisted childhood. If I could have got em to dance, me and all my sick little budddies would have been set.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order