Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKatatoniK
journeyman
Loc: Canada
Black Caps
    #396870 - 09/17/01 03:31 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I was just wondering when the caps of a not yet full grow mushroom starts to turn black does this mean it has aborted and I should pick it now????
and can these still be eaten. I'm really unsure of what aborts are suppose to look like so if there are any other signs can u please tell me

Thanx

--------------------
"In the world of the blind, the man with one eye is King"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKatatoniK
journeyman
Loc: Canada
Re: Black Caps [Re: KatatoniK]
    #396878 - 09/17/01 03:41 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Oh and I was also wondering how could I increase the yeilds of my casings like the've been fruiting for over a week (there P. Cubensis spores, used the 50/50 casing tek, using perlite humidifacation, and there are 4 8"x4" casings) and I only have picked 40 g's wet there are a lot of pinheads but they seem to all abort.... it think, and there takin forever to grow. How can I speed things up.

Thanx Again

--------------------
"In the world of the blind, the man with one eye is King"

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #396889 - 09/17/01 03:52 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Black caps are aborts. Sounds like your humidity is too high. Also increase fannings. For a higher yeild, increase the substrate depth of your casings.

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
    #396965 - 09/17/01 05:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Do you have any mature shrooms in the casing? If so those might be spores on your caps. Sometimes dropped spores can ride warm air currents in your chamber and settle on others. See if the black can wipe off.

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate