Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewind_song
smell of dried shrooms?
    #395273 - 09/15/01 04:22 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

how should dried shrooms smell?

and a random question, how do rotting shrooms look like? cuz i picked some slightly mushy greyish bluish aborts and i'm not sure about them

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: smell of dried shrooms? [Re: wind_song]
    #395296 - 09/15/01 04:57 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Like a dried mushroom. They acutally smell kind of salty.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineAbudiwa
CompleteApparition.
Male

Loc: here and there...
    #395304 - 09/15/01 05:22 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

In my experience there are two different smells to dried mushrooms. Either they smell slightly salty, or they smell like crap. The differences originate from how they were grown. The shrooms that were cultivated indoors smell slightly salty... and the shrooms that have grown out in a pile of shit in a field don't smell too nice, as one might expect. The tastes also reflect the smell.

But that really doesn't mean a damn thing to me because i eat them all regaurdless! I have never had a bad experience with a rank smelling dried shroom... as long as it looked allright.

hope that helps.

abudiwa

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What? No! We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

--------------------
*user out of date*

the only pms pants gets:
<pants> "WTF UR PIKTUR IS SO STIPID WTF FUCK U"

OfflinekREATION1
kяедτιסи1

#395345 - 09/15/01 06:06 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i think they smell a bit like tobacco.

--------------------
"an immigrant from heaven on earth with a work visa"

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: smell of dried shrooms? [Re: kREATION1]
    #395398 - 09/15/01 07:20 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

man mine smell bad, and they taste like shit, my friend always barfs em, its horrible, i swear, really fucked up.

PsYchoPaThic JuggaLotus is at your fuckin door with a bloody hatchet, gettin ready to split some backs.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineAbudiwa
CompleteApparition.
Male

Loc: here and there...
Re: smell of dried shrooms? [Re: downforpot]
    #395417 - 09/15/01 07:44 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

It doesn't bother me much because I just don't smell them at all if I get harvested ones rather than cultivated ones (cultivated ones are so much better. They melt in your mouth like butter on bread... that and the taste allmost makes me wet myself :-D). I've consumed them countless ways, but the easiest method that I've used the most is the good 'ole peanut butter and mushroom sandwich. It sounds really disgusting, but I swear you can't taste it. Use chunky peanut butter.

I usually chase that down with a liberal amount of orange juice. Some people say the orange juice helps break down the 'shrooms in your stomach, therefore they hit you sooner and supposedly it enhances the effects. I havn't really done a scientific test so I couldn't tell you if that was true... but the oj is good, that's for damn sure.

As for nausea, I allways get a touch of nausea or a stomach ache after eating them... I just think of it as them working hard in there for me. Before I started growing I just reminded myself how much I payed for them (I'm poor so money is very very valuable to me) and that thought alone kept them down. =8-)

cheers,

abudiwa

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What? No! We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

--------------------
*user out of date*

the only pms pants gets:
<pants> "WTF UR PIKTUR IS SO STIPID WTF FUCK U"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag