Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Morning Glory + MAOI
    #3951194 - 03/21/05 09:35 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Hey guys! Haven't posted on here in a while. I was just wondering if you could help me with something that i've been searching for.  I've recently tried Morning Glories and they're pretty darn cool. I did about 400 in a cold water extraction. Mild nausea, nothing i couldn't handle though. But anyway, i was wondering if you guys know if i can use an MAOI, namely Syrian Rue to boost the effect. The only thing i could find on Erowid about it was one experience of a  good turned bad turned good trip and a general warning against taking the two, not elaborating any further. The shroomery has always been a great source for information, but i've been searching around on here too and haven't found anything. Can any one point me in the direction of a site or book, or better yet a personal account? Those are always more detailed in what's important anyway.
:mushroom2: :spliff:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Morning Glory + MAOI [Re: Hrethic]
    #3951468 - 03/21/05 10:08 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Well this is taken from Erowid under MAOI's
"MAOIs in Combination with Psychedelics
Generally increase the effects of the psychedelic significantly. Be extremely careful."

I know most MAOI's are not fast acting though so you probably have to be on it for atleast a week for them to interact with LSA.
There is no negative reaction with MAOI's physically speaking unless taken with other SSRI's or stimualnts. LSA isnt that popular so I dont think your gonna get very many irst hand accounts---especially with the mixture of the 2. But according to Erowid, it will increase the affects. The warning is probably pertaining to the possibility you will trip harder.

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Morning Glory + MAOI [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3951525 - 03/21/05 10:20 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Of all the psychedelics, morning glories are probably one of the worst candidates to combine with an MAOI. MG tend to make people sick...not only because LSA can cause nausea, but MGs are so not-potent that you're eating a lot of other crap per lsa molecule.

But MAOI's give some people a body load and stomach discomfort as well. The combination of the two could be painful. Or it might not be a big deal. You should probably try Rue on its own once or twice before you attempt a combination..see how you take it. SR is reasonably psychoactive by its self..so a testing period will be fun too.

I think I tried the combo with HBWRS (LSA) a while ago and didn't notice an big change. Although Rue proved powerful..to say the least..in every other combination attempt I made.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Morning Glory + MAOI [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3951833 - 03/21/05 11:22 PM (19 years, 2 days ago)

Ingesting the plain HBWR morning Glory's and extracting the LSA are 2 differnt experience I hear. Ive never done niether but if I were to ever experiment, Id definately do the simple vodka extraction to avoid the nausea and such. Same idea as in San Pedro>mescaline...I guess.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Morning Glory + MAOI [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3952102 - 03/22/05 12:50 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

You might get more replies in teh entheo garden man. Im sure someone in there has tried it. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: Morning Glory + MAOI [Re: blaze2]
    #3952341 - 03/22/05 03:31 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I tried it out once. I did it with extract of the lsa from 20 grams (weak seeds I think) and 3 grams of syrian rue. I had done 40 grams of seeds alone (extract). I didn't throw up but there was nausea present during the first two hours. Felt the same as lsa alone but not euphoric.

At some point I fell asleep and wake about 4 hours later. I feel absolutely terrible. I feel dehydrated, nauseated, and poisoned while I am still tripping every bit as hard as before. I begin breathing deeply and while feeling poisoned. Some how it passes in about 15 minutes and I am at a point where I can go back to sleep.

I sleep and wake up hung over. It feels worse and lasted longer than a strong dxm hangover. My brain feels like absolute mush. The syrian rue made it last much longer as well. Needless to say I don't suggest it. It was I believe to be my fourth worse trip ever (behind a 17 grams of syrian rue and two datura trips)

Edited by lonebuddha (03/22/05 03:37 AM)

Offlinea_h_w
Stranger
Re: Morning Glory + MAOI [Re: lonebuddha]
    #3952350 - 03/22/05 03:42 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

I tried morning glory extensively before starting to use mushrooms. I find mg and the little fellows don't go along well and cross-tolerance between the two grows fast as hell.

the best combination to make with mg is weed or hashish.

smoke the moment you ingest the mg: no nausea whatsoever!

keep smoking as the trip grows and you can get some great psychedelic moments. this is one of the most spiritual trips you can take.

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
Re: Morning Glory + MAOI [Re: Hrethic]
    #3953232 - 03/22/05 11:46 AM (19 years, 1 day ago)

SWIM tried this once, best trip ever. Unextracted MGs were used though, SWIM prefers the added stimulation. The trip was much different than MG or SR alone and was pretty much doing it's own thing. It was much more chill than MGs alone, but quite powerful. SWIM had a blast with this combo and learned alot. The effects could be poorly described as a subtle, yet powerful and profound euphoria. The trip felt shamanic in nature, it felt vaguely as if SWIM were dreaming or in a different dimension. SWIM was very happy during the entire trip and carried along with him this happiness for quite some time afterwards. Note that cannabis was smoked during the trip.

If one were to consume MGs unextracted, use only a fraction of what would be used for an extracted dose. The MGs are chewed to a paste and then swallowed with water. It's a noticeably different experience and quite a bit more taxing on the body.

Edited by Neon (03/22/05 11:47 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order