Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineI_N_I
Stranger
Contamination Check?
    #394085 - 09/14/01 06:35 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Incubating 12 jars right now in incubation chamber. When i open the container with the jars in it i'm smelling a rank smell off the bat. I'm a little hesitant to take the lids off to smell inside. Should i do this? Or would i risk contamination of all jars that way. I've read about the dreaded cobweb mold and am not quite experienced enough to know the difference between early mycelium and cobweb. I'm about 7 days in, only one day in the chamber so far. I have some growth in all jars, most started overnight once i put em in the chamber! Had little to no growth before that. Jars are PF tek w/ inner reservoir. Temp is steady 80 degrees.

--------------------

(((((((ooooOOOoooo))))))))

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Contamination Check? [Re: I_N_I]
    #394095 - 09/14/01 07:58 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Any other color than white mycelium ?

"Houston, we have a problem... shrooms are over "
=)Free&Spread the Spores(=
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #394181 - 09/14/01 10:12 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

turn off all fans and AC, hold your breath in a clean room and open the jars a little. the growth that you see on teh sides is mycellum. if you open the top and you see any white/gray looking cottony stuff on top of the vermiculate than its cobweb mold. myc will (99% of the time) only grow under the verm layer where theres food (brf) so if you see any growth up there its prolly a contam. if there is then get a napkin and get it outta there! use H2O2 with a clean paper towel and wipe down the glass that you can on the inside and take off a little layer of the top of the verm. then mist a lil with h2o2 and replace the lid. if theres nothing there and the myc that is growing in the center of teh jars looks white and puffy then its mushrooms that you smell :)

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Contamination Check? [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #394187 - 09/14/01 10:18 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I disagree with marx on that one. Bout 99% of my jars i get some mycellium in the dry verm layer. Usually its kinda stringry nice rizo growth, i thknk goin to the air.

-baraka

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #394228 - 09/14/01 11:29 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The strange smell could be originating from the incubation chamber itself. The chamber is an excellent place for molds, and bacteria to grow. Sounds like you have some bacterial growth in the water in the chamber. Just put some peroxide in it to stem that off.

{Sporeman ripped me off}
For supplies: Dr Bluethumb
For spores: FSR

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineI_N_I
Stranger
Re: Contamination Check? [Re: MAIA]
    #394490 - 09/14/01 04:44 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I don't see any other color in the jars. I think I'm being paranoid, it's actually starting to look pretty nice. Totally impressed with the accelerated growth after constructing the incubation chamber. This is my second time trying first attempt never got any growth at all...total bummer. Didn't use a chamber. This time started without one, five days in saw nothing, and decided to bite the bullet. Totally glad i did. Finally some excitement! Not counting my chickens yet though.
I think i'll just let it do it's thing and see how it looks in a week or so, i imagine i'll be able to tell alot more at that point. I think where i may have screwed up and hopefully it won't come back to haunt me, is forgetting to clean the containers before using them. Dumbass. We'll see. I did put in the peroxide though, so hopefully that'll help. Danka for the advice.

Edited by I_N_I on 09/14/01 05:46 PM.

Edited by I_N_I on 09/14/01 05:47 PM.

--------------------

(((((((ooooOOOoooo))))))))

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds