Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefarmer_maggot
Quart jar colonization - when complete? * 1
    #391458 - 09/11/01 04:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

When is quart jar (rye) colonization considered 100%? I have seen pics of 1/2 pints where the colonization looks like a smooth white layer covering the entire substrae. However, on grain quart jars that have been shaken, my friend says the colonization appears to be more diffused (each grain has some fuzzy growth and there are denser patches where the individual grains are no longer visible). Does one let the quart continue to colonize until ALL the individual grains are no longer visible?

Second question - can one a quart jar colonize for too long? What are signs?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNDK
Re: Quart jar colonization - when complete? [Re: farmer_maggot] * 1
    #392001 - 09/12/01 02:48 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

In my limited experience of rye grain, the whole jar will get colonised. It should be pretty much all white with only a few glimpses of grain if any.

But when you shake it to pour it out, you can see all the grains again with only some white on each grain. MF has recently cased some like this and they are going just fine - no contamination and have taken over the casing in a few days. The pictures on www.mushmush.nl also show this.

I let mine totally colonise, then shook them and let them totally colonise again, then shook them and poured and cased em. i reckon that no matter how well colonised they are, when you shake them they are not gonne be snowy white.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom