Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

The Bible ... a trip?
    #390922 - 09/11/01 12:46 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I don't often visit the Spirituality section so I am not sure if somebody discussed this before, but could it be possible that the Bible was created based on an intense shroom trip that somebody mistook as a religious revelation? jesus the carpenter a shroomer? the world may never know

sorry if this sounded a little stupid but it sounds quite plausible to me

as an agnostic, i just find it very hard to believe in such an old piece of writing to be true, especially with what it says in the Bible ... and all the hypocrisies and other such problems in the Bible if you really look ...

We're all MADD here...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTengu
journeyman
Re: The Bible ... a trip? [Re: HB]
    #390966 - 09/11/01 04:02 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

curious... i just dreamed that last night, but didnt think of it further on.

But who knows? no one can tell the truth, so its just a thought without a chance to know if its right or wrong :(

OfflineGlitterbaby
journeyman
    #390990 - 09/11/01 05:28 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Don't think this idea is stupid, but just another possible explanation for the REAL trippy stories written in it.

And i guess the content of the bible compared to the "first edit" changed about the last 2000 ( read the number ) years dramatically. Imagine how much people copied it, change only one word from edit to edit and about a time period as long as around 2000 years it's impossible what the original sounded like. Maybe we would be surprised of it.

"Stigmata" ( movie ) picked up that imagination quite fine for me.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #390998 - 09/11/01 05:44 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

There have been scholarly attempts to connect Biblical religion with the Amanita Muscaria (Allegro's The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross), or with the Psilocybe as being "manna," or with the entheogenic ergot-beer (Kykeon) of the Elusinian Mysteries. I have just purchased 2 more books on this topic. The Bible spans thousands of years, and numerous authors. The text as it is today was selected out of many more books (pseudepigrapha and apocrypha) that were excluded from the 'canon.' Hebrew religion did not enjoin shamanic practices, even though there is evidence that the Holy annointing oil that Moses and Aaron used contained calamus. A recent writer said 'cannabis,' but this is unlikely. Calamus contains beta asarones, precursors to mescaline. Jesus (Y'shua) was authentic as a historical person, and distilled the essence of Abrahamic Judaism, therby bypassing much of the Mosaic religion of his time. It did away with priestly power (as did Siddhartha Guatama's doctrine had done to ritual Brahmanism almost 500 years earlier in India). You have had a taste of an altered consciousness apparently, but do not think to reduce the Incomprehensible Mystery of existence to the child's play of a psychedelic trip. Better to learn to make a leap of faith: if what I've experienced (howsoever humble) seems true, then perhaps it's time for me to believe what the truly ordained Teachers of humanity have to say. Time to lay down one's young ego and allow the Wisdom of the ages in. Everyone at this forum talks about ego-dissolution or death, but in practice, most cannot even be humble long enough to hear a simple sermon. For Westerners, it is our destiny to understand Western spirituality, not run to foreign faiths and practices because they are comprehensible (so we think) to our limited experiences. Shalom Aleichem. Salaam Alechem. Pax Vobiscum. Peace be with you.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #393482 - 09/13/01 03:32 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

if whoever wrote the bible was trippen then it wouldve been alot better!!!! and doesnt it say dont do drugs in there or something like that???? or did they just recently add that one???

one plus one plus one equals three

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: The Bible ... a trip? [Re: Glitterbaby]
    #393503 - 09/13/01 03:52 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, I had a chorus teacher and he is Jewish and reads Hebrew. He said that one ( I should say) difference between the Hebrew Bible and of the Old Testament of the Bible in English is that the Hebrew Bible's account gives the account differently in that some parts they have different things to say. He gave me an example : When Elijah (I think it was Elijah...) challenged the idolatars of Baal to ask their god to have fire come from the sky and take up their offering and they failed, he said some things including, "Where is your god? Is he sleeping? Is he on the toilet?" The toilet thing was not in the English Bible. This is one account. I believe he was not lying to me.

:frown: I believe in Mr. Grieves !

Edited by CACA on 09/13/01 04:55 PM.

Edited by CACA on 09/14/01 01:45 AM.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

OfflineAlowishaus
Stranger
Re: The Bible ... a trip? [Re: aluminum_can]
    #393977 - 09/14/01 12:27 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

You are one stupid fucker.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order