Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Learyfan - The exclusive interview * 3
    #3904432 - 03/11/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Learyfan - The exculsive interview

Into the Ken Kesey Bus we go....

...and we're off

/hands Learyfan a cup of coffee

Q: Milk / sugar ?
A:

Q.  How are you these days, Learyfan?
A.

Q. Let's do the background thing: More or less, who are you and what are you all about?
A.

Q. Why are you interested in psychedelics and specifically which one(s) is/are of the most interest to you?
A.

Q. Tell us about your first experience with blotter. What kind was it? What happened? Did it meet your expecatations?
A.

Q. What is LSD to you personally? What role does it have in today's world?
A.

Q. Do you believe you have a role in the field of psychedelics or is this more of a personal interest?
A.

Q. Let's talk about the original Tim Leary, Doctor and professor at Harvard many decades ago. You obviously have a strong interest in him, or so it would seem. Do you believe his "manual" is the best method in which we should use psychedelics? Is anything he once taught still important today and if so, what do you think are the best things he taught(?)
A.

Q. The future. Where are we headed in ten years from today, March 11, 2005?
A.

Q. Electrical lights or candles?
A.

Q. Freezer full of meat or vegetarian all-the-way?
A.

Q. What role, if any,  do you think the Shroomery plays in global consciousness?
A.

Q. If you could change one thing with the direction the world is headed and one thing only, what would you do?
A.

Q. Married or single?
A.

Q. Do you believe in God? Why or why not?
A.

Q: Tell us one thing about yourself that no one else knows.
A.

/thanks Learyfan for the interview and drops him off at an anonymous cow field....
:heart:

Pick some for me.  :wink:

Edited by Enter (03/11/05 06:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Learyfan - The exclusive interview [Re: World Spirit] * 1
    #3907052 - 03/12/05 12:23 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
Learyfan - The exclusive interview

Into the Ken Kesey Bus we go....

...and we're off

/hands Learyfan a cup of coffee

Q: Milk / sugar ?
A:  No thanks man.  I usually don't drink coffee, but when I do, it's straight up.  BTW, I love this bus.  Put this Shroomery picks Vol. 1 in the cd player.

Q.  How are you these days, Learyfan?
A.  I'm feeling good man.  I'm a very fortunate person, I think.  I really shouldn't complain about anything.

Q. Let's do the background thing: More or less, who are you and what are you all about?
A.  Well, I'm just a regular guy from Virginia.  I want to save the world, but I am not in any position to do it.  I also realize that the world will probably not change in my lifetime.  So basically, my goal is to be happy doing the whole earth thing while I'm here, and try to accept the game for what it is.  I believe that we are all equal parts of "God" or "the essence" or "eternity" or whatever you want to call it.  I believe that we created the physical world so that we could experience ourselves as god by removing our memory of who we are and then starting from scratch. 

Q. Why are you interested in psychedelics and specifically which one(s) is/are of the most interest to you?
A.  I'm interested in psychedelics because I feel that they are a tool which can potentially be used to cause a much needed mass shift in human consciousness and thus save the planet.  I feel that humans need to change their values and I believe that psychedelics can be a catalyst in accomplishing this.  I also like them because you can have a lot of fun with them, and I love fun. 

Q. Tell us about your first experience with blotter. What kind was it? What happened? Did it meet your expectations?
A.  Well, my first experience with LSD was with sugar cubes, actually.  I was alone, but I had a terrific time listening to music and thinking about things.  I saw my life and the world from a different perspective that day and have made positive changes ever since. It was definitely a  turning point in my life.  My first experience with blotter was with blank paper that had obviously had been dipped in lavender LSD.  It was purplish.  I turned my friends on with these and we all had the most incredible experience.  That day will forever live in infamy with us.  My expectations were exceeded.   

A.  To me, LSD is simply a tool for exploring consciousness.  LSD and other psychedelics are the telescope of the mind.  They are the biggest threat to the establishment because they free your mind from mental slavery.  It's not a magic pill that solves all of your problems, but it removes a portion of your "filter of conditioning" and allows you to see life with new eyes.  LSD doesn't have much of a role in today's world as far as I can see, but I'd love to see that change.

Q. Do you believe you have a role in the field of psychedelics or is this more of a personal interest?
A.  I do not have a role in the field of psychedelics.  I don't have a college degree and I'm not willing to throw myself on the gears of the machine to save a world that doesn't want to be saved.  I've seen what happened to the guys who tried to turn on the world.  The government wrecked their lives.  I'm not willing to make such a sacrifice.  If psychedelics ever become legal, then I'll be right there to do my part, but not until then.

Q. Let's talk about the original Tim Leary, Doctor and professor at Harvard many decades ago. You obviously have a strong interest in him, or so it would seem. Do you believe his "manual" is the best method in which we should use psychedelics? Is anything he once taught still important today and if so, what do you think are the best things he taught(?)
A.  I definitely wouldn't say that Leary was the end all be all of psychedelic philosophy, but the psychedelic experience is a very complex issue and he was able to translate it to common folk like me in a way that none had before and few have since.  He was a brilliant and charismatic speaker.  His background as a Harvard professor brought much need legitimacy to the psychedelic movement.  He made some mistakes, but his faults make me relate to his work even more.  I think his massive amount of work can best be summed up in once sentence.  "Think for yourself, and question authority."

Q. The future. Where are we headed in ten years from today, March 11, 2005?
A.  That's really hard to say, Enter.  I'd love to think that we're getting closer to the time when we as a species put down our toys and outmoded value systems and try to move the human race one evolutionary step.  If that doesn't happen, I'm going to try and stay happy and not dwell on what could have been. 

Q. Electrical lights or candles?
A.  How about both!  :cool:

A.  This has been an ethical dilemma for me for a long time.  In my heart I am a vegetarian.  However I have always been a meat eater.  It's very difficult for me to change the way I eat in order to save animals, especially since converting to vegetarianism will not save even one animal.  I'm in favor of outlawing meat eating, and should a day come when that happens I will gladly change with everyone else. 

Q. What role, if any,  do you think the Shroomery plays in global consciousness?
A.  That's hard to say.  Much like psychedelics themselves, The Shroomery has definitely altered my beliefs.  I'm sure it's done the same for many others.  I have a feeling that The Shroomery has been a useful tool in the psychedelic movement.  Who knows how many people it has been indirectly responsible for turning on?  I think keeping spores legal is very important for the psychedelic movement and The Shroomery not only helps people grow and spread these spores, but helps to keep spores under the radar by stopping the proliferation of misinformation about mushrooms and helping to spread accurate information. 

Q. If you could change one thing with the direction the world is headed and one thing only, what would you do?
A.  As you may guess, I'd legalize consciousness expanding chemicals.  The illusion of our separateness is what is causing most of the problems here on earth.  Once people as a whole see the illusionary nature of this life and how connected and dependent we all are on each other, they will re-evaluate their values.  I really believe that over time, people would eventually come to the conclusion that we are all one.  The implications of this realization are huge.  Money and power can no longer take precedence over human life once we realize that we're all one.   

Q. Married or single?
A.  I'm single.  I'd like to find the girl of my dreams, but even when I do I will not ever get married.

Q. Do you believe in God? Why or why not?
A.  Yes, but not in the traditional sense.  Although I could never ever be 100% sure, I believe that everyone and everything is "God".  I don't believe in hell or the devil.  I don't believe in the bible.  I don't believe in a vengeful God.  I don't even believe in a forgiving God.  There is nothing to forgive. 

Q: Tell us one thing about yourself that no one else knows.
A.  I don't know if no one knows it, but I like (mostly pre-90s) pro wrestling.  So don't let all of this spiritual revolution talk fool you.  I'm just a regular person like everyone else.  I am not by any means a living example of my beliefs(yet).  Also, as much as I hate to admit it, I like rap music.  That's another one of my ethical dilemmas because so much of hip hop is the embodiment of everything I'm against. I have the new 50 Cent album for fuck's sake.  Most of this stuff celebrates violence, misogyny and hate.  It's all macho, ego driven bullshit.  I would never support these guys by paying for their albums, though. 

/thanks Learyfan for the interview and drops him off at an anonymous cow field....

Pick some for me.  :wink:

Thanks for the ride Enter.  It was an honor to be in your presence and to be the subject of one of your Shroomery interviews.  :heart: :gd_icon:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: Learyfan - The exclusive interview [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #3907145 - 03/12/05 12:40 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Thanks Enter, thanks Learyfan for the interesting read with my Saturday night's beer :laugh:
And, Learyfan, it would indeed be interesting to see you in person in the Netherlands in August :wink:

--------------------

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
    #3907147 - 03/12/05 12:41 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Great interview..... 

but now you guys owe me some gas money for using the bus!!

:smile:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Learyfan - The exclusive interview [Re: Learyfan]
    #3907172 - 03/12/05 12:46 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Great interview, but I have to point out (yet again) there is a big difference between Rap and Hip Hop, and Hip Hop, in fact, stands for everything you are for, whilst Rap stands for those things you are against, Learyfan.

:thumbup:

--------------------
delta9

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Learyfan - The exclusive interview [Re: ivi]
    #3907232 - 03/12/05 12:59 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

ivi said:
Thanks Enter, thanks Learyfan for the interesting read with my Saturday night's beer :laugh:
And, Learyfan, it would indeed be interesting to see you in person in the Netherlands in August :wink:

I don't think I'm going to make it ivi. :crazy:  The more I think about it, the more I realize that I have absolutely no business spending $1,500-$2,000 in a week.  I have bills man.  :sad:

KK:  Thanks for letting us use the bus.  My payment is down at the bottom.

Delta:  I don't want to get into the "what is rap and what is hip hop" arguement here, but dude, it's all the same.  It's pointless to try and draw the line on who and what is rap and who and what is hip hop.  Just my opinion, though.  I respect your belief on the matter.

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #3907276 - 03/12/05 01:13 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Great stuff, thanks Enter

Learyfan, your words touched my soul on a few different levels!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks for taking the time and hope you enjoyed Shroomery picks Volume 1 during your interview.

Great job!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #3907678 - 03/12/05 02:26 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Nice job enter!~

I enjoy your interviews very much.

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3907799 - 03/12/05 02:51 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

That was great Learyfan...I was thinking about LSD a lot last night and broke out High Priest, reading selections from it for the first time in a long time and remembering how much I love reading what Leary writes about his experiences with it, especially the first time Hollingshead gave him a spoonful.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #3907817 - 03/12/05 02:54 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I really need to comment a few things in your interview Learyfan.I do this because i respect your points of view and want to empower them to the point of re-valuation.

A.  Well, I'm just a regular guy from Virginia.  I want to save the world, but I am not in any position to do it.  I also realize that the world will probably not change in my lifetime.  So basically, my goal is to be happy doing the whole earth thing while I'm here, and try to accept the game for what it is.

Altho you might feel like a regular guy from Virginia, i'm shure i won't stumble across hordes of Learyfans if i come over on a holiday,
Who ever made you believe that you are in no position to save the world?!? This is almost funny man, you ARE saving the world every second of your life.
The fact that you mention it in your interview is evidence of what is going on in your mind Learyfan.

You are the living proof of every world saving dream you ever had, even by posting your revolutionary hippy-freedom filled posts here on the shroomery, you are energizing the most powerfull team of world saving humans on earth.
    T  H  E  S  H  R  O  O  M  E  R  I  T  E  S  !:headbang:
I could go on for ever ,giving you millions of examples in the ways you affect your like-minded friends.Your will to save the world is a global digital orgasm Learyfan!:hippie:

A.  I'm interested in psychedelics because I feel that they are a tool which can potentially be used to cause a much needed mass shift in human consciousness and thus save the planet.  I feel that humans need to change their values and I believe that psychedelics can be a catalyst in accomplishing this.  I also like them because you can have a lot of fun with them, and I love fun. 

This mass shift in human consciousness is happening now and it doesn't stop when you go to bed man!Someone is always awake here in the shroomery, reading this post and making it his new belief.

A.  To me, LSD is simply a tool for exploring consciousness.  LSD and other psychedelics are the telescope of the mind.  They are the biggest threat to the establishment because they free your mind from mental slavery.  It's not a magic pill that solves all of your problems, but it removes a portion of your "filter of conditioning" and allows you to see life with new eyes.  LSD doesn't have much of a role in today's world as far as I can see, but I'd love to see that change.

You do see it play a role in todays evolving world, otherwise you wouldn't use it! It transformed you into the wonderfull person you are today and is prolly one of the main reasons you are reading this right now!
The 60's never stopped maan, i go sraight to a Hendrix live when i look at the pics you post, i can hear the music still ripin the air apart!
Man, millions of people are entering the LSD realms right now, psychedelics are embracing humanity tighter than ever!

A.  I do not have a role in the field of psychedelics.  I don't have a college degree and I'm not willing to throw myself on the gears of the machine to save a world that doesn't want to be saved.  I've seen what happened to the guys who tried to turn on the world.  The government wrecked their lives.  I'm not willing to make such a sacrifice.  If psychedelics ever become legal, then I'll be right there to do my part, but not until then.

You are an underground warrior of freedom my friend! You are a celebrity, in the fractal world.You are the melting pot, of shamanism and cybero-technological spiritualism.
You, you , you....you are the neverending passion for system destruction. Your anarcho-cyberpunk enlightened prophetic posts here at the shroomery are our spiritual supplies.
You have already done your part well enough and you didn't even use a college degree!

A.  How about both!  :cool:
:wink:

A.  This has been an ethical dilemma for me for a long time.  In my heart I am a vegetarian.  However I have always been a meat eater.  It's very difficult for me to change the way I eat in order to save animals, especially since converting to vegetarianism will not save even one animal.  I'm in favor of outlawing meat eating, and should a day come when that happens I will gladly change with everyone else. 

Ok Learyfan! The day has come!!!Finally, we outlawed meat!Free health for your body and soul if you  join us!!Follow your heart!!! Do what it tells you!  We are all connected, remember??? We are all connected to your heart, and we know that you don't obey it!  :smile:

A.  That's hard to say.  Much like psychedelics themselves, The Shroomery has definitely altered my beliefs.  I'm sure it's done the same for many others.  I have a feeling that The Shroomery has been a useful tool in the psychedelic movement.  Who knows how many people it has been indirectly responsible for turning on?  I think keeping spores legal is very important for the psychedelic movement and The Shroomery not only helps people grow and spread these spores, but helps to keep spores under the radar by stopping the proliferation of misinformation about mushrooms and helping to spread accurate information. 
AMEN

A.  As you may guess, I'd legalize consciousness expanding chemicals.  The illusion of our separateness is what is causing most of the problems here on earth.  Once people as a whole see the illusionary nature of this life and how connected and dependent we all are on each other, they will re-evaluate their values.  I really believe that over time, people would eventually come to the conclusion that we are all one.  The implications of this realization are huge.  Money and power can no longer take precedence over human life once we realize that we're all one.   
:bow: :bow: :bow:

A.  I don't know if no one knows it, but I like (mostly pre-90s) pro wrestling.  So don't let all of this spiritual revolution talk fool you.  I'm just a regular person like everyone else.  I am not by any means a living example of my beliefs(yet).  Also, as much as I hate to admit it, I like rap music.  That's another one of my ethical dilemmas because so much of hip hop is the embodiment of everything I'm against. I have the new 50 Cent album for fuck's sake.  Most of this stuff celebrates violence, misogyny and hate.  It's all macho, ego driven bullshit.  I would never support these guys by paying for their albums, though. 

Wow, this is the most sincere self-judgment i have ever heard! I bet you are close as fuck to make yourself a living example of your beliefs!

Its nice to have you be an admin here man

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Edited by Sterile (03/12/05 02:58 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3907871 - 03/12/05 03:08 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Learyfan - The exclusive interview [Re: World Spirit]
    #3918023 - 03/14/05 08:45 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Oops, I didn't see these replies.

Quote:

Enter said:

Ripple: You serious?  Wow, glad you liked it that much.  :heart: :gd_icon:

Onemorerobot:  That's awesome that you're reading "High Priest".  Believe it or not, I have never read it.  Hopefully I'll get over my anti-reading phase one day and give it a whirl.  :cool:

Sterile: Your enthusiasm for the psychedelic movement is inspirational.  Don't ever lose that man.  I will take into account what you've said, also.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
    #3918682 - 03/14/05 10:32 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

:thumbup:

I haven't come here lately, but I'm so glad to find this interview :laugh:

Learyfan is one of the coolest guys ever :heart:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3918790 - 03/14/05 11:02 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

A. This has been an ethical dilemma for me for a long time. In my heart I am a vegetarian. However I have always been a meat eater. It's very difficult for me to change the way I eat in order to save animals, especially since converting to vegetarianism will not save even one animal. I'm in favor of outlawing meat eating, and should a day come when that happens I will gladly change with everyone else.

I have an ongoing dialogue with a Zen teacher here in the Chicago area. He said to me recently (something to the effect of), "you dont have to give up meat, let meat give you up." He means as you become more and more sensitive and empathetic to the suffering of others, becoming a vegetarian just happens - or it becomes more likely. Think of it as not some sort of forced change, but rather a gradual opening of your heart.

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Learyfan - The exclusive interview [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3918826 - 03/14/05 11:17 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Thanks Deepman, you're the coolest.  :cool: :mushroom2:  :heart:

biO: I know man.  I feel bad about it.  But damn it, I LOVE the taste so much.  I very rarely buy vegetables.  I want to do it, but it would be a big sacrifice and wouldn't make a difference.  Not only that, but no matter how hard you try you will always be living off of the suffering of animals and other people.  I guess everyone has to find their personal line.

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3918912 - 03/14/05 11:42 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

yes, diet is a personal choice. Seems to me that diet is a barometer of one's sincerity to their beliefs as well. If they talk of being committed to some sort of positive shift of consciousness, but yet they directly participate in the suffering of other sentient beings without trying to change this behavior, then they are insincere or a dilettante. I, personally, could not take a Hindu or Buddhist monk seriously if they eat burgers all day.

Yes, I agree that we cannot totally avoid participation in the suffering-chain, but the point is the minimize it day by day. I am beginning to believe the best way toward personal evolution is simply opening your heart - all else will follow. I know that your heart is open, but your lifestyle is oriented in another direction. I recommend starting gradually instead of diving into a vegetarian diet - eat meat and vegetables/fruit/legumes/etc...and eventually phase out the meat - as your heart will dictate...and it will.

I do not mean to preach or put you into a spotlight, I just think we can all do better - especially those of us who have been touched by the psychedelic experience or those of us who talk about personal/cultural evolution. I really am trying to understand reality and be a better person in my life - just sharing what I see and have learned - for what it's worth. I still have a long way to go...

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Learyfan - The exclusive interview [Re: Vvellum]
    #3919038 - 03/15/05 12:18 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I will give this some thought.

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (11/26/12 07:00 PM)

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Learyfan - The exclusive interview [Re: Vvellum]
    #3919047 - 03/15/05 12:21 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Bio said
Quote:

I have an ongoing dialogue with a Zen teacher here in the Chicago area. He said to me recently (something to the effect of), "you dont have to give up meat, let meat give you up." He means as you become more and more sensitive and empathetic to the suffering of others, becoming a vegetarian just happens - or it becomes more likely. Think of it as not some sort of forced change, but rather a gradual opening of your heart.

The teacher is right! When you start walking in the path of purification, the dirty things and thoughts seem to give you up rather than you give them up...

It's the meditative quality of the process, you just have to stop thinking and the right stuff happens automaticly.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #3919434 - 03/15/05 01:47 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Well, if not in august 2005... Then maybe some other day.

Everything is possible.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineSoreSpore
Loc: Halfway there...
    #17285101 - 11/26/12 03:01 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You are one of the most fascinating individuals on the boards. It would be a pleasure to hold a conversation with a man of your stature.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale