Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineizlude
Stranger
Making tea to kill conatminants
    #390432 - 09/10/01 04:38 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Just a quick thought... if you were to take some shrooms off a cake that had a few questionable contam spots (ie-green-black spots) and boil them to make tea, is it possible that through the heating process some of the bacteria might be killed, thus making the shrooms suitable for digestion? I don't know how feasible this idea is, just thought it seemed pretty logical, and I hate to think of how many shrooms must go to waste because of that damn contamination.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGiga_Funk
Re: Making tea to kill conatminants [Re: izlude]
    #390441 - 09/10/01 04:48 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I dont know how to make shroom tea...but i dont think the major problems of contam are the contams themselves(besides killing cakes)(besides?) i think the problem is the toxins those contams may produce...and boiling wouldnt do much to certain toxins..... just my thoughts...

When tripping and frolicking with unicorns, do NOT,under ANY circumstance, let them persuade you to play the innocent childrens game "leapfrog"

--------------------
I believe in magick

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Making tea to kill conatminants [Re: Giga_Funk]
    #390493 - 09/10/01 05:44 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The tempurature at which you can be sure that all bacteria had been killed is 170 degrees. The problem with this is that it will also kill the active chemicals in your mushrooms. So the simplified answer is as follows. No, you cannot boil a contaminated shroom to kill the contamination with hopes to still trip off them.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies