Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Breed a sativa with an indica
    #3901969 - 03/11/05 10:20 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Is it possible? I'm not too keen on mj breeding, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

I want to breed these two strains:
( I understand that the yeildmaster's stats are for prime conditions and would not even be close to that in my area, but I figure the yeild would still be higher then usual outdoors. Yeildmaster only does average yeild indoors btw. )
Female: Yeildmaster

Indica
Excellent mold resistance
Excellent yield(outdoors)
Medium yield(indoors)
Mellow body stone
Outdoor Growth:
Plant Height: 5'-8'
Yield: 500-1500 g
Finish Approx. Sept. 15
Frost Resistance Spring Excellent
Frost Resistance Fall Good
*When flowered at 12" (with 36 hour dark period at onset)

Male: Tunnel Vision

This hybrid has been in the works for quite some time, and she has definitely been well worth the wait.
She smokes with a nice skunky aroma and leaves a sweet, fruity aftertaste in you mouth.

The buzz is somewhat balanced and does not come on strong at first. However if your not careful,
you?ll find yourself down for the count with a bad case of ?Tunnel Vision??!

Flowering Time: 45-50 days
F3
90% indica/10% sativa
3-5 feet indoors
Blueberry x Black Domina
Yield: up to 100grams

--------------------

Edited by LuNaTiX (03/11/05 10:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Breed a sativa with an indica [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #3902191 - 03/11/05 11:02 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

you can do it. no problem. check your pms for some details.

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Breed a sativa with an indica [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #3902884 - 03/11/05 12:44 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

what does f3 stand for?, theres some terminology that I don't quite get when it comes to breeding

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3902897 - 03/11/05 12:46 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Yeah they have hybrid strains that are part sativa and part indica. Not all that uncommon.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: Breed a sativa with an indica [Re: theocean06]
    #3903901 - 03/11/05 04:02 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

its actually very common, especially with indoor plants. F1,f2,f3 are generation markers. F1's are stable uniform breeder seeds, F2's are what you get when you do a cross yourself from 2 f1's, and so on. i dont know why it would say f3 there, but thats what it means. only usage of f3 ive ever heard anyhow.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Breed a sativa with an indica [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #3903917 - 03/11/05 04:11 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Nope, kigore_trout, F1 is the first cross of two seperate breeds. F2 is the first in-breed of that cross. You have to continue inbreeding until at least F4 before it is considered "stable" traits.

Not only is it common to cross indica and sativa, it is in fact, the norm. Very few strains are 100% indica or 100% sativa these days - the good majority of them are actually some mix, thus the term "sativa dominant strain" or "indica dominant strain".

Check out overgrow for more information.

--------------------
delta9

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Breed a sativa with an indica [Re: delta9]
    #3903940 - 03/11/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Delta9 said everything I would have. www.overgrow.com has all the answers, if you dont find it in the FAQ's search the forums where there is a wealth of information on selective breeding. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #3903977 - 03/11/05 04:28 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Looks like both of those plants are already mixed.

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Breed a sativa with an indica [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3906227 - 03/12/05 09:05 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Yeah I noticed that too, but I was wonder if there is a big differance, or if it was harder in some way to cross them. So when breeding, is it impossible to tell what kind of plant you will get when you cross two different strains? or is there some general rules that usually apply?

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3906955 - 03/12/05 12:05 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

If they tell you the percentages already, logic would imply simply math to get the new percentage... Otherwise you will not be able to get the percentage and will have to stick with the "dominant" terminology. Sativas generally have more of a uppy, head high and indicias generally have more of a body, narcotic high.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleTheHateCamel
    #3908636 - 03/12/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

LuNaTiX said:
Yeah I noticed that too, but I was wonder if there is a big differance, or if it was harder in some way to cross them. So when breeding, is it impossible to tell what kind of plant you will get when you cross two different strains? or is there some general rules that usually apply?

I can be hit or miss.

After a few generations you should be able to come up with a decent strain.

Check out Gregor Mendel.

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3910950 - 03/13/05 10:28 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

its better to breed indoors or outdoors? or does it depend if your strain is ment for outdoors or indoors?

--------------------

InvisibleTheHateCamel
    #3911320 - 03/13/05 12:23 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I think selling "indoor/outdoor seeds" is just a marketing gimmick. I'm sure they would do fine either way.

Breeding could be done inside or outside. It will be easier inside.

You harvest pollen from selected males, put it in an envelope and label it.

Then get those boys out of there before they fertilize your female plants, otherwise you'll have no idea which plant is which.

When the females are ready, take a tiny paint brush and pollinate a few buds and tag them.

It's pretty easy, just takes some time to develop a stable strain, read FAQ on overgrow.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3913228 - 03/13/05 07:52 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

you can also pollinate a single branch while keeping the rest of the bud sinsemilla by placing the pollen in a bag and tieing the bag around a branch. like hatecamel said read the FAQ on overgrow. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3913361 - 03/13/05 08:12 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

i feel what you are saying about it as a gimmik, but maybe they were prodused indoors or outdoors, i am sure outdoor genetics will do well indoors after a cycle or to of aclimisation.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Re: Breed a sativa with an indica [Re: blaze2]
    #3913405 - 03/13/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Yep, you have to be careful with the bag though, you can end up with a moldy mess.

SHEIK: I don't know how breeding could alter a plant so much that it would prefer artifical light over the sun.

#3913444 - 03/13/05 08:32 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I mean taking outdoors and bringing it in, it wont do well the first couple goes, but it will then nateralise to indoor conditions. Indoors to outdoors should never be a problem.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Re: Breed a sativa with an indica [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3913456 - 03/13/05 08:35 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I see, yeah, taking plants from inside and putting them outdoors is cool as long as the light cycle isn't to far off but bringing them in could be tough.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3913560 - 03/13/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

actually indoors to outdoors can be a problem too if you grow flouro because the sun is so much more intense than flouros. I did it once and had the fuckin plant literally wilt in the sun. if you do go indoors to out its best to set it outside for an hour the first day then maybe 3 the next and so on so it can adjust slower.

as far as outdoors to indoors I have no experiance but I would assume there would be streaching after the move before the plant readjusted to the lower light.

outdoor strains can be grown indoors with good results generaly, indoor strains dont do as well outdoors becuase they are not as hardy to temperature swings and may have such dense buds that molding would be a problem in humid environments. there are other factors like height too but generally outdoor strains do in fact do better outdoors and visa versa for the indoor strains. Im not saying you cant grow an outdoor inside or visa versa just that they do best where the label says they should be.

Peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

#3913609 - 03/13/05 09:07 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

bringing them in often can stress them to hermaphrodites, wich is fine if you wanna breed for female seed.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds