Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineproject10
Stranger
Redshift & Perspective shift
    #390038 - 09/10/01 07:43 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

On my lastest voyage, I noticed two phenomenon that I have never noticed before. Are these events common? I thought they were quite cool when they happened.

1) "Red-shift" -- faces/white objects going from normal color, very quickly to dark orange and then a light red. After what was most likely a half-second they returned to their normal color.

2) Perspective shift. I call it this for lack of a better term. As I was coming off my peak, I was talking to an individual and the small room got all wonky. It was if my perspective had shifted, so that the room was really high and I was infinitely tall and high up. Conversely, it would also make the room really short and me feel small & fat. By the time I got to thinking 'woah' the perspective had returned to normal. This happened a good dozen times during a roughly 15 minute stretch.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I apologize for my descriptions, words are woefully inadequate for expressing the depth of my experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Redshift & Perspective shift [Re: project10]
    #390048 - 09/10/01 07:59 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I've had red shift before. I was watching the street and there was just one area that when the cars would pass though it, the headlights would turn red and then they drove out of it. It was weird though because it was just that one spot.

Deep in the vortex I rest... clueless to time, for madness has its own circle.

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Redshift & Perspective shift [Re: Anonymous]
    #390133 - 09/10/01 10:14 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

perspectivie is something that always happens to me, It in a snese lets me know im trippin, rooms get huge, ceilings are amazingly high.... example our local video store has a little room that you have to go through before you can get to the actuall store. The little bitty room ends up looking as big as the actuall store, then the store is flippin huge, like walking through one of those huge wholesale clubs. I like this effect though.

You approach the turnstiles and know that when
you get there you have to give the man two dollars
or he won't let you inside but when you get there
everything goes wrong.

OfflineDeathCapChick
journeyman
Loc: State of Euphoria, USA
    #390136 - 09/10/01 10:18 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yep trophy Ive had both happn to me -
The Rd shift doesnt occur unlss ive dosed high. I do get what i call camera flash - or if i look at a light , the image will remain on my retinas like when you look into a camera flash, this isnt too bad. But the perspective thing is weird. lets say im looking at a blacklight poster, it will 'jump' all over th waal. Sometimes it wil look as if being sucked into the wall, or go convex, and look 3 dimensional. _ I also get the small feelings- Sometimes my body feels so small i dont even feel the gravity anymore- I love shrooms dont you!

If your going to dine with the Devil, bring a long spoon.

--------------------
...And the Eyes of the World are watching you now...watching you now...
-P. Gabriel

OfflineEverlast
enthusiast
Loc: UK
    #390305 - 09/10/01 02:16 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

While tripping once the writing on the walls of the room I was in floated about 2 inches off the wall and moved around slightly. It was like having a multilayered image in Photoshop, like the wall was the background and the writing was on a seperate layer that was being gently moved in random directions. The writing was in blood, so although not technically the same as what you mentioned it was red and shifting.

- Ev.
----------------------------------------
Kill the body and the head will die.

Edited by Everlast on 09/10/01 05:03 PM.

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: Redshift & Perspective shift [Re: DeathCapChick]
    #390524 - 09/10/01 06:26 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

theyve gotta be the funnest drug ive tried, although i have yet to try acid... wouldnt mind if i could find it around here though

(note to mods, no im not trying to "score" drugs, just a comment)

You approach the turnstiles and know that when
you get there you have to give the man two dollars
or he won't let you inside but when you get there
everything goes wrong.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Redshift & Perspective shift [Re: windex]
    #390551 - 09/10/01 06:54 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

god i love acid ...

ANYWAY yeah on my second to last shroom trip (when I was alone in my room on a half eigth) the main reasons i thought the police were waiting to raid my house was because I heard something that I interpreted as a police car (heh) and then when i went to my window there is this white light that is usually there but instead i saw a red light, so i thought it was the fuzz's police car with only the red light on lol.  then i saw an actual police helicopter which i was almost sure was after me. LOL i still laugh about that

most of the time i just see red dots and red "eyes"

i still see red dots everywhere, sober, after having done acid.  no regrets :smile:

We're all MADD here...

OfflineEverlast
enthusiast
Loc: UK
Re: Redshift & Perspective shift [Re: HB]
    #390720 - 09/10/01 09:04 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Another thing I've noticed is carpets with red in them always seem to have enormous depth of texture... it can feel like you have to walk around/step over the red areas because they are raised.

- Ev.
----------------------------------------
Kill the body and the head will die.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Redshift & Perspective shift [Re: Everlast]
    #390798 - 09/10/01 10:12 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

agreed, tho when i trip EVERYTHING is heavily textured.  shadows are accentuated and seem sooooo much deeper (when i first tripped cid on two hits, my friend and I were at my ranch and there is this little 5 inch by 5 inch or so hole, and my friend and i seriously believed it was HUGE so we lunged across like a fuckin leap of faith, lol)

acid, for me at least, looks so realistic that when I am on it I'm like "I can't believe how natural this seems."  On shrooms things look a bit more natural except for the fact that it is so dreamy, that is what keeps it from seeming as real to me as acid feels.

i think the first thing I said when I first tripped cid was:
"This feels soo realistic, I wish everybody could feel this ...  "

i think the 'I wish everybody could feel this' was the doing of having smoked a grip of weed on the come up. :wink:

We're all MADD here...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates