Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Shroomery Religion (PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING)
    #3899465 - 03/10/05 06:46 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

So, I got banned due to flaming someone in OTD, and was bored; hence where this experiment comes from.

But, I figured it would be a fun thing to try. Seeing, as the bible is commonly known as well its structure lets start a religion for the shroomery on its basis.

We'll start with the beginning (Shroomesis).
-Background story
-Talk of the creator, name of the creator, physical/spiritual symbols of the creator. (Symbols sumilar to the ankh/cross etc.. will be incoporated later on provided enough interest is shown when religious figures are created)
-Description of the creator (if you want)... (will refer to as it, till someone suggest that it isn't an it)
-reasoning of the creator
-enemy of the creator (must be due to one of the creator's creations if incorporated)
-Explanation of mankind as special; characteristics and gifts given to man, reason for man's appearance etc..

Each person adds their bit till it's done (assuming we get past Shroomesis), afterwards, if your feeling creative enough, compose your own gospel; (rendition of events) that have some form of contradiction, or rather, a different stance on a subject (this will be done once we have composed our religious figures, and talked about their deeds).

Feel free to deviate from the norm, incorporate several elements of religious saying/speech/law and observance.

Don't forget to name the creator, build upon what the other users are suggesting, and just flow with it.

Also, don't forget to add historical significance (made up if you want), as well as the background history of the religious figures.

The creation of the shroomery Genesis will end once we all are well suited for it. (Please don't bitch and moan about this, thought it would be a fun thing for the shroomery, if you have any qualms and cries of a sacreligious nature, start a new thread and flame away). Add all the contradictions you want later on, but try not to deviate too much from the story we're creating.

Start on chapter one, feel free to incorporate whatever you wish, and end the chapter as you see fit. All books will incorporate elements that tie our collective work with the shroomery. Remeber, be creative, descriptive, and off the wall as hell, make up new definitions, and use other peoples definitions as they are defined to give it some form of consistancy. If people enjoy this, and continue to support this, I'll come up with a template for it's formation. It can be a nice little on going project of the shroomery community. Once you are done, give the next person a point to start at, then allow them to carry on; signify it with "..."

No flaming other users for their creativity please.

One last thing, for ease of reading, if you have any sidenotes as you add your piece to the new puzzle, or you want to verify another users info, ask your question and/or add your note in with parenthesis. Example: And so he stood 44,560 miles underground (I say underground because blah)

OTD inspiration more then welcome.

SECOND POST WILL CONTAIN UPDATED INFO

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (03/12/05 02:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEF [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3899471 - 03/10/05 06:47 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Without further ado, I'll begin:

Book Name: Hearesy aka "The Ultimate Truth"
hearsay + heresy = Hearesy :lol:)

Written by: All the contributing members of the shroomery.

Date of Publication: Before time existed.

Copyright: A little while after time existed.

Book's Known about so far:
"Shroomesis": (creation story)
"The Law": initiated by fearfect (if you're working on this one, please clarify so as to not confuse)
"First Book of Wisdom": initiated by JCoke (certainly not the last book I hope)

Name of God: Zahid
Zahid's description: unknown as of now.
Zahid's Gender: unknown as of now.
Zahid's Greatest Invention: The Mushroom, it is also the first creation. (odd for the shroomery to come up with that one)

Cast of Characters:

Minions:
Fungor aka MungosFungor: According to the author Intelligentsia, he is begining a revolution, more will be posted as known. Also known to have a red nose that flares up when this superior minion becomes Frustrated.
ZumaZinga: A wizard working for Fungor according to PhanTomCat

Men:
Araeil: A man that consumes the first creation on a daily basis according to fearfect. (man still needs to be created though in Shroomesis if anyone wants to)

LEGEND (feel free to incorporate elements and I'll add them into the legend so that we are all aware of the meaning.The quotes are to signify the symbol, what's inside is the description)

"..." = Start off point for the next line of the
"(blah)" = blah is filler, add a sidenote, and/or ask a member a question, try to place if off to the side if it isn't necessary to your verse.

Shroomesis Chapter 1:

1:1
In the beginning, nothing was here, it was all their. But then the creator was bored with his omnipotence; so it pondered what it could do. And so it announced its name, and the full context of its law become a new realization; which was old, for the creator was always being. The creator yelled its name out loud into the infinte void, for it was but a template for an artistic design; and thus marked the begining of creation. The creators name was Zahid...

(You're up, logical progression of illogical creation)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (03/12/05 02:58 PM)

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEF [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3899714 - 03/10/05 07:37 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:2
Zahid said, "Blessed are those who believe in the mushroom without seeing."

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEF [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3899733 - 03/10/05 07:41 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:3

And so the first law was written down...

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #3899769 - 03/10/05 07:48 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:4 and Thus Zahid created the mushrooms as well with his utterance...

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEF [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3899830 - 03/10/05 08:00 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:5
Out of Zahid's unfathomable solitude came the sacred mushroom entwined with divine utterance. And thus Zahid created the unmoveable serotonin to acompany the mushroom.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEF [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3899869 - 03/10/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:6

And with the first creation, Zahid thought of what use this "mushroom" could have. As this was surely not the last creation...

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #3899893 - 03/10/05 08:19 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:7 So he created (minions) to enjoy and dissemenate the mushrooms. The greatest (minion) of all was named Fungor...

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEF [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3899920 - 03/10/05 08:27 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:8

Fungor had a gift, far more different then the other minions. He was designed to be the right hand man of Zahid (in human terms). He had a red nose, and when he was frustrated, it would light up. Because Zahid created Fungor like this, Fungor believed that he was a...

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisiblePat Bateman, VP
Dr. House's Inspiration
Female User Gallery

Loc: Inconceivable opulence
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3900017 - 03/10/05 08:48 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:9

...being superior to his fellow minions to have been blessed by Zahid (teh ZZA) and began a ware amongst the minions.

1:10

And so began the holy schizm, Fungor took many a minion as followers. He became arrogant, and revolution was near...

--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

InvisiblePat Bateman, VP
Dr. House's Inspiration
Female User Gallery

Loc: Inconceivable opulence
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST [Re: Pat Bateman, VP]
    #3900033 - 03/10/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

(fungor should make a utopian society with  :mushroom2: )

--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST [Re: Pat Bateman, VP]
    #3900210 - 03/10/05 09:32 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:11 Many years npast and Fugor started feeling proud, that he was better than God. He even built his own kingdom.

1:12 Zahid loved Fungor past his evil ways and confronted fugor about the lie he was living. Zahid said to him: "Fungor, why do you think that I am not enough."

1:13 Fungor replied, " You made me like you, in your image, this is what the mushroom has showed me. Do you expect me to bow down to you?"

1:14 Zahid said "I created you out of love to love. Why did you go and create hate, insite a rebellion and divide all creatures? I do not want you on your knees, but for you to stand before me like a man; like the mushroom stands and looks up from it's stalk toward the sky. Why do you not look to the mushroom as an example."

1:15 Fungor thought and replied, "I created things that are not of you by the authority you have me. In that fact, the evil I have spun was made in your authority, so you are evil too.

1:16 Zahid replied, "It is not I who give you your authority for practicing evil. This is My world and I let you be pure in your world. Why must you pollute it? Why do you add poison the the body you live on. Don't you know it toxifies the self as well? You are a God of your own world and you act on lies, thing that I don't allow in your world and manifest them by acting. If you didn't act out evil, it wouldn't be. Do you see the spirit yiou have become?"

--------------------
Agent 727

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST [Re: MAGnum]
    #3900311 - 03/10/05 09:56 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:17

Fungor replied in an obstinate tone, "why is it that you allow me to make mistakes yet you can prevent them?"

1:18

Zahid mused, for a while, and contemplated what he already knew, as he knows all, and he allowed Fungor to walk off. As Fungor walked out of the void of Zahid's throne room; Zahid thought a thought about which was going to occur by virtue of knowing all.

1:19

Zahid's thoughts were focused on a game... which would later be delivered to that of a future creation: that of mankind. The game was called in one of the languages Zahid gave them "Chess". Zahid thought about just what it was that it was doing, and his ultimate decision was that it (no gender established "it") was bored and wanted to seduce man into either believing in the creation it gave them, or to abstain from its law and follow another recourse who's consequences are unknown till Zahid decides to know them. Zahid decided to tell them...

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (03/10/05 10:10 PM)

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3900363 - 03/10/05 10:08 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

1:20
Zahid: "Don't try to EAT the mushroom, for that is impossible.... For if you are to truly ingest the mushroom, one must BE the FUNgus...."

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3900391 - 03/10/05 10:14 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

1:21 Zahid's thoughts focused amongst the younger, fairer children of his progeny. And Zahid decreed all shall find the young attractive and seek to enter them. Zahid proceeded to send a messenger to touch the younger of the species and they found that it was good. The messenger was imparted with the ability to make law and the messenger spoke thus: All that are seeking Zahid shall enter into the younger and fairer of the species. And puberty shall determine the age at which the younger shall be acceptable amongst the males.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST [Re: newuser1492]
    #3900396 - 03/10/05 10:15 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

(easier to copy all your writing, then hit "refresh" so that we don't get ahead of ourselves, in case someone is posting as you are writing)

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3900425 - 03/10/05 10:20 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

ZumaZinga'S entry, the plot, thickens.... 

1:23

ZumaZinga(a Wizard of MungasFungor) thunk on it for a bit, and came up with a plan.....    :idea:

"I could shift a trans-dimensional mushroom-functional haze to distract the little crunch croutons, and make them become one with the distraction....  Just need some kind of distraction that isn't so distracting, that it is distracting....  HHhhhhmmmm...."

:scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled:
:scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled::scrambled:
:scrambled::scrambled::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::scrambled::scrambled:
:scrambled::scrambled::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::scrambled::scrambled:
:scrambled::scrambled::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::hypno::scrambled::scrambled:
:scrambled::scrambled::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::tripping::scrambled::scrambled:

Chapter:
  >-=+?????OI IOOII I IOIO IOII I IIO?????+=-<

? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?#1? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?? ? ?
\  I  /
----------?----------
/  I  \

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3900491 - 03/10/05 10:33 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

2:1 Zahid hid a glimpse of omnipotence inside the mushroom. Fungor became obsessed with the partaking of the mushrooms; thinking that he could learn all that Zahid knew through them...

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Shroomery Religion (add content as you see fit, in a logical progression: PLEASE READ FIRST POST [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3905515 - 03/12/05 12:29 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

2:2 But Fungor had become one with the distraction. Little did he realize that Zahids' omnipotence was also omnipresent, and did not lie soley in the mushroom.

2:3 Zahids' omnipotence was found more truely between the mushrooms and dung on which it grew. From the shit grew the light. For they are not seperate things. All consist of the same dust of creation, the particles of which, Zahids' wisdom and love is truly expressed...

Invisiblefearfect
    #3905549 - 03/12/05 12:50 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

this is too much like a story. we need a torah! something to tell us how to live our lives. also, we can't use big words or really deep concepts. make it simple with room for plenty of interpretation so the peons can eat it up like sugar!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract