Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemahookah
journeyman
Loc: NV
Mycillium innoculation question
    #389783 - 09/09/01 09:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hi. a foaf is getting ready to innoculate some 1 pt. jars of brf/verm with the mycellium syringe method. He currently has a couple of cases beginning to fruit, and one that hasn't quite gotten that far yet. He also has some jars that are about 100% colonised that he hasn't crumbled yet. My question is: does it matter what stage of the cycle you get your mycellium from? Also, about how much faster can one expect these jars to colonise this way. The 1 pt. jars of Thai KS have been taking about 4-5 weeks with the spore syringe method so far.
I was also wondering would it work to smash up a chunk of colonized substrate just like you do when casing in a ziplock baggie or something, add sterile H2O, and voila!, instant solution for syringes. Thanx in advance for your comments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Mycillium innoculation question [Re: mahookah]
    #389859 - 09/09/01 11:00 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

When I take mycelia cultures, I usually do so from jars that are at 100%. You can save a week with this method.
Your ziplock idea sounds good. Give it a try.

Offlinemahookah
journeyman
Loc: NV
Re: Mycillium innoculation question [Re: puscle]
    #389869 - 09/09/01 11:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Actually my friend is going to try one from a 100% colonized jar and one from a casing that hasn't pinned yet tonight. Then he will label them and see what develops over the next few weeks. I, er, I mean my friend, will also do the same with a fully developed mushroom in a few days ( little guys are popping up now). One more question, using tap water for the mycelial solution shoulden't make a difference if I sterilize good enough, right? I don't feel like going out to get distilled water right now. Football and lay around are pretty much what I have planned for today. Oh well thanx again puscle and I'll post my results when I have them. Bye

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Mycillium innoculation question [Re: mahookah]
    #389894 - 09/09/01 11:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

You're going to have the best luck taking a chunk from the jars. You want as close to sterile as possible. I give my samples a one minute bath in 3% peroxide.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags