Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Ways to pasturize straw
    #3890679 - 03/09/05 12:43 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Need to have a constant 170F temp....

I've seen people use "roosters?", looks like something you'd cook a turkey in...

I've seen trashcans utilized with some type of hotplate or something beneath them...

I might go out and buy one of those turkey rooster things, fill it with water and pasturize that way, i was hoping that maybe you guys would help think of ways to pasturize using either household items or things that can be made cheapy or buying something that you normally wouldn't think of pasturizing straw in lol...

:smirk:

-Gnostic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Ways to pasturize straw [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3890685 - 03/09/05 12:44 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

I use a crock pot hooked up to a thermostat. (the dials it comes with stays too high)

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineShroomGuy86
Shroooooooooooooooom

Loc: MycVille
- [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3890706 - 03/09/05 12:49 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

-

--------------------
"I put Lamborghini doors on that Es-co-lade
Low pro so low look like I'm riding on blades" - 50 Cent

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Ways to pasturize straw [Re: ShroomGuy86]
    #3890748 - 03/09/05 12:56 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

It is, but i only pasteurize enough straw to add a little bit to my horse poop to try and stretch the poo cause i have to travel to get it. mine is a big oval one and i cant get like 7 quarts smashed in there.

i have lots of cow shit but i dont like it near as  much as horse. Cow poop is too digested, it is too dense. Horse poop is fiberous and has a texture mycelium adores.

I know thats way off topic but that my .02 on poop.  :grin:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

Re: Ways to pasturize straw [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3890918 - 03/09/05 01:25 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

is it possible to utilize a multi-cooker with a thermostat to pasturize a substrate other than straw, like WBS...is pasturization an adequate enough process to enable mycellium to grow on a given substrate w/o contams?

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ways to pasturize straw [Re: Enivid]
    #3890929 - 03/09/05 01:27 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Enivid said:
is it possible to utilize a multi-cooker with a thermostat to pasturize a substrate other than straw, like WBS...is pasturization an adequate enough process to enable mycellium to grow on a given substrate w/o contams?

Whole grains & WBS....... REQUIRE PC

you can try fractal method, but it is IFFY - at best.

--------------------

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

Re: Ways to pasturize straw [Re: agar]
    #3890953 - 03/09/05 01:32 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

i'm gonna have to wait on that pc and just get my jars online for the time being...luckily, i don't need a pc to make casings.....right?

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island Flag
Re: Ways to pasturize straw [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3890990 - 03/09/05 01:43 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

A turkey roaster is a good investment in my opinion.... I've used it for many many things... For one, simmering grain in a turkey roaster is excellent, it can hold a large quantity at a time, so in my opinion, it is ideal. Just depends on what scale you are working on. By simmering i mean just that.... The step BEFORE pc'n. Also, since you will have a nice propane burner, you would be able to set up a large metal trash can, or 55 gallon drum on cinder blocks, and put the burner under it in order to pasteurize straw. The turkey fryer itself will work for pasteurization, but i prefer using the drum method. Like i said before, it depends on what scale you are working on. Anyway you approach it, good luck brother...

--------------------

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island Flag
Re: Ways to pasturize straw [Re: Enivid]
    #3891503 - 03/09/05 05:54 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Correct, you dont have to have pc to make a casing, if said casing was made from brf pf cakes. If you are using grain, you need a pc... Pf cakes, steam sterilization is just fine....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags