Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Reasonable Wedding
    #3883237 - 03/07/05 03:28 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

<<I will stay with you for the best and for the worst till...the lack of love do us apart>>

-----> Realist  :craven:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: exclusive58]
    #3883273 - 03/07/05 03:36 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

there really is only lack of love if it wasn't there in the first place.

if the love is unconditional...then it will always be there for it carries no conditions nor any limits.

if the love is unconditional, then a wedding doesn't really mean much does it?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: kaiowas]
    #3883292 - 03/07/05 03:40 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

renew relive relove.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: kaiowas]
    #3884312 - 03/07/05 08:01 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Goddamn right. So many people think that if someone hops in bed with them that it is love. A marriage has to be more....to put up with someone else's shit for 20 years you have to love them.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3884334 - 03/07/05 08:05 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Marriage isn't an institution of love, it is an institution of selfishness.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: chunder]
    #3884354 - 03/07/05 08:09 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Wrong. It is an institution of selflessness for those who make it work.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: chunder]
    #3884396 - 03/07/05 08:16 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

chunder said:

what if i were to marry myself? :P
:confused: :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: Gomp]
    #3884577 - 03/07/05 08:54 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Bah, marriage is only for tax purposes and to give you the ability to retain ownership of a person legally  :tongue: (by way of an established relationship).

Be better off to just act like you're married instead of actually to be married... especially in the U.S. (Land of the free, and home of the Divorced).

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: Gomp]
    #3884583 - 03/07/05 08:55 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
Quote:

chunder said:

what if i were to marry myself? :P
:confused: :heart:

Well, I don't see an issue as long as you don't want alimony when you're sick of yourself.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3884631 - 03/07/05 09:03 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Your viewpoints sound like the product of a dysfunctional upbringing in a single parent family...or in a familly with unhappy parents. I have been married for 19 years this year and while it often required understanding, it has been a happy marriage. I believe that a happy marriage is the PREREQUISITE to the upbringing of normal children. Single parent families often (though not always) produce ill disciplined, unhappy children. The familly unit started in the stone age and thrived because it was and is necessary for our ultimate survival as a species. It is just the view that you possess that convinces people to screw thier children because they were momentarily bored and get divorced. Selfish people should steer clear of marriage (or any relationships with fellow humans) and child rearing, and so bless society with not having to put up with their irresponsible acts and offspring.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3884718 - 03/07/05 09:16 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

:lol: Take a joke how it's meant  :wink:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3884797 - 03/07/05 09:27 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Well, in that case I guess I inappropriately posted...but you would not believe how many serious such cynical posts such as that one you posted I have seen on this forum. The fact that I took it as truth should key you in on that.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #3885374 - 03/07/05 11:48 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

True, I just like to make light of the social situation objectively :lol: in terms readily understand by the dominant reality of the situation.

Wedding are great provided you aren't going to follow the "American way" ... dunno, the whole typical (well in terms of mainstream culture) view of a wedding is a flawed one, and a marriage is more of a legal institution today, then it is one of "sacred relationship" as it was meant to be.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3886122 - 03/08/05 04:42 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

> then it is one of "sacred relationship" as it was meant to be.

You left of, "by Christians". Remember, there are a whole lot of non-Christians out here in the real world.

> I believe that a happy marriage is the PREREQUISITE to the upbringing of normal children.

I would disagree. I believe that loving parents are the key... I have seen plenty of happily married people raise rotten kids. People don't magically become good parents just because they are both happy and married.

> the lack of love do us apart

It isn't a lack of love, but a lack of unconditional love...

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
    #3886202 - 03/08/05 05:52 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

England is home of the divorced, see Henry VIII!

I like to think of Groucho Marx "Marriage is a great intuition, but who wants to spend their lives in an institution!" (may be Winston Churchill)

However the argument about unconditional love is taken. The family unit as evolutionarily advantageous is fallacious, it is easy to see that single parent families would do better if one parent was abusive, or resentful of the group as a whole. Being the child of both sides of a single parent family (mother then father) I have become an extremely well-rounded person (in the view of those who meet me generally). I cannot accept that human beings evolved a complex social structure of families simply for survival. We are by nature a social animal, we starve alone in a wilderness, this is the reason for a family unit, not some form of protective survival instinct.

I'll stop ranting now!  :smirk:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: PsilocinSam]
    #3888926 - 03/08/05 06:22 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

We are by nature a social animal, we starve alone in a wilderness, this is the reason for a family unit

Wouldn't that be a form of protective survival instinct? Why would we be a social animal if not for our survival?

Marriage is all about security (social, sexual and financial). If you're in love, you might as well agree on cohabitation terms or make a solemn vow to eachother.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Loc: Where the wild things are
Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3889000 - 03/08/05 06:31 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Personally, I dont view marriage as completely necessary. Rather just life partners.

--------------------
If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Reasonable Wedding [Re: Seuss]
    #3889524 - 03/08/05 08:42 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> then it is one of "sacred relationship" as it was meant to be.

You left of, "by Christians".  Remember, there are a whole lot of non-Christians out here in the real world.

Sacred in respects to what it stands for, sorry I didn't clarify. Sacred beyond the "holy" context as deemed as a union by god, the woman + man. Sacred in its representation as a relationship more evolved then just going "steady".

Quote:

WildRunner said:
Personally, I dont view marriage as completely necessary. Rather just life partners.

Then you lose out on all your tax deductions :lol: ... beyond that, I fully agree to the extent that you have a foundation, it needn't be recognized by law, so much as the persons in question engaging in an unwritten contract.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order