Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
Salvia -- strong trip. Advice?
    #3882078 - 03/07/05 10:10 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Recently I tried a hit of Daniel Siebert's 'extra strength' standardized salvinorin A enhanced leaf. I've used 10x before, but this was much stronger.

With 5x or 10x, I feel a nice ,gradual invitation into "salvia space" and spend a minute or two on it's outer edges. But here it came rushing like a vortex. I immediately tensed and didn't want to go. Then it seemed like all the 'entities' were trying to come through the vortex and invade this reality.

I felt like I was trying to hold the lid on Pandora's box! It's funny now but wasn't at the time.

I recognize now that I wasn't adequately prepared (set and setting) for such a powerful trip. I'm apprehensive, but want to try again.

Questions:

Is there a trick to just 'letting go?' It seems it might be like riding a wave in the surf. If you just go with it, you might tumble a bit, but it's fun and exhilirating.

Can one get solidly into 'salvia space,' such that one can converse with its inhabitants, yet still retain ones identity pretty easily. I felt like the entities were 'mischevious' at best, but I didn't feel like they had any real power over me.

Is it just me, or do the denizens seem vaguely sinister to others as well. Is it my attitude? If I go looking for nice entities, are they there?

I should add, by the way, that I understand these entities to be more or less Archetypes of the unconscious. But as one experiences them they are like intelligent entities.

Anyway, I also have some of Siebert's tincture and will switch to that, working up from small doses until I get more comfortable and/or experienced. But any words of advice or encouragement would be welcome.

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia -- strong trip. Advice? [Re: wjames]
    #3882179 - 03/07/05 10:59 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

standardized 10x is very good and strong.
to achieve your desired zone of experiencing you want to back down your amount - the pinch size.

with letting go - the trick is to begin to let go - to keep on beginning to let go and to continue to let go etc.

as for conversation with constructs or archetypes, - many report every variation as in dreams.the denizens are not different than those in dreams - constructs - very very real as the fabric of salvia space itself.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineTheHook
GrEeN HeAd
Re: Salvia -- strong trip. Advice? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3882608 - 03/07/05 01:07 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Personally i've had my best results of 'letting go' by following ancient mazatec procedures. Clarifying your intentions to the entities before the trip is always crucial, along with your mood and setting at the time of ingestion. Many things in your physical surroundings will change your trip as well, for instance if your sitting by your computer or tv the electromagnetic waves seem to have a profound effect on visuals during the experience.

--------------------
I often come to many challenges and intimidations, but then I remember that you only live life once, one single time through, with no reruns or rehearsals. So just live the way you want and the best you can. Its easy.

OfflineTheProdigy
People like youjust fuel myfire...

Re: Salvia -- strong trip. Advice? [Re: TheHook]
    #3882690 - 03/07/05 01:26 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Hmm... I used to smoke salvia a lot and not nearly as much anymore. One of the major things I've noticed about smoking salvia is this... the more pressured or more apprehensive you are about smoking it before you actually do... the less benign trip you will have.

Every time I feel like smoking salvia I do, but I let the feelings about it come to me, as opposed to deciding when to do it because of other reasons.

Also - try changing your setting, maybe you are uncomfortable with things in your tripping environment, or music is too loud or lights are too bright or something.

I personally like to trip in a dimmed environment with barely audible music that does not have too high of a tempo with only a close friend watching me to make sure I don't do anything stupid. Everyone is different though, so I hope that you find your ideal tripping conditions with salvia.

Good luck.

--------------------

If you haven't gone to http://www.boohbah.com while you are tripping... it's a must.

OfflineShroomehlouah
The glass isbending
Re: Salvia -- strong trip. Advice? [Re: TheProdigy]
    #3882942 - 03/07/05 02:29 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

For me salvia is best done in a dark room(night time with the lights off but some light coming through the door) with some VERY ambient music(but stuff you're used to, not some mental experiemental piece that may start blurting out OBEY THE DEVIL OR DIE)

As you take it think to yourself of whatever objective it is and say you'll definatly have it. I.e I WILL have an experience about goldfish.
As it begins to come on you just sit back, relax and prepare for one of the most breathtaking experiences of your life.

Enjoy :laugh:

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."

OfflineJeeter
giant

Loc: Ayahuasca Dunk-tank
Re: Salvia -- strong trip. Advice? [Re: Shroomehlouah]
    #3883738 - 03/07/05 05:42 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

My 1st Salvia trip was last Saturday with the 10x extract. I was surprised at the mind phuk it handed me. The setting was in my room in my chair lights off, and some Sitar music playing low. I had the best out of body experience for about 3 minutes. I was inverted in my chair looking down on my bed. I think the Ravi Shankar music had a lot to do with the trip. Setting is very important. My next trip was that same night sitting on my bed, in total darkness. It was about as good as the first time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order