Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
US technology. Where would we be without it?
    #3878594 - 03/06/05 04:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Here's the latest shitty thing to come out of America.

A new weapon!

This one somehow affects your nervous system and causes you to drop, paralyzed in excrutiating pain.

pain researchers are furious that work aimed at controlling pain has been used to develop a weapon

Why can't they develop an orgasm gun or something, eh?

Since I'm on the subject of US technology, whatever happened to the global space bomber? Is it still on track?

Hitler would of been proud.

I know a lot of you Americans out there are as disappointed as I am about this. I just don't know what other word to use the describe who does this other than Americans. I don't mean you.

Maybe I should say..."The technology of the demons who have set up shop in America. Where would we be without it?"

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: US technology. Where would we be without it? [Re: carbonhoots]
    #3878606 - 03/06/05 04:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Why can't they develop an orgasm gun or something, eh?

Because people would start shooting themselves all of the time.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3878617 - 03/06/05 04:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe I should say..."The technology of the demons who have set up shop in America. Where would we be without it?"

We invent pretty much all of the prescription drugs that you Canucks use.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3878619 - 03/06/05 04:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, for one thing you wouldn't be typing on this forum.  :grin:

You are probably using an Apple or IBM compatable computer as well as routing/internet technologies developed by Cisco and similar companies.

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
    #3878624 - 03/06/05 04:54 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

They already have frequency weapons that can render people utterly stupid, sick and disoriented, they've already been using them in iraq. unfortunately, lots of troops have gotten caught in the beams as well.

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

Re: US technology. Where would we be without it? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3878656 - 03/06/05 04:59 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

We invent pretty much all of the prescription drugs that you Canucks use.

Now there's something to be proud of.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3879004 - 03/06/05 06:18 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was all set to give this gibberish the Fisking it so richly deserves until I noticed the inimitable Ace of Spades had beaten me to the punch. From http://ace.mu.nu/ --

In reference to this article in The New Scientist http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7077

Quote:

The US military is funding development of a weapon that delivers a bout of excruciating pain from up to 2 kilometres away. Intended for use against rioters, it is meant to leave victims unharmed. But pain researchers are furious that work aimed at controlling pain has been used to develop a weapon. And they fear that the technology will be used for torture.

[A whiny Brit doctor says:]"I am deeply concerned about the ethical aspects of this research..."

But of course you are, darling. If you weren't "concerned" about something the US is doing each and every morning, you fear you would suddenly cease to exist. Querito ergo sum.*

Quote:

"Even if the use of temporary severe pain can be justified as a restraining measure, which I do not believe it can, the long-term physical and psychological effects are unknown."

Ever see the "long-term physical and psychological effects" of a .50 caliber machine-gun bullet?

Which sounds more humane to you, Andy?

Why even bother getting this perfectly-predictable quotes about new weapons-- any new weapons, even weapons designed to be non-lethal and spare human lives? We know what they're going to say.

"Ethical concerns... blah blah blah... unknown effects from long-term exposure... blah blah blah... arms are made for huggin'!"

Don't all of these complaints always boil down to, "I don't like this weapon; you could hurt somebody with it."

Well, no frickin' derrr. It's a weapon.

Look it up in the frigging dictionary, Niles. "Weapon [noun]: Something you could hurt somebody with."

This, you see, is sort of the point of a weapon. Unless, of course, it is a bludgeon of some type.

Quote:

[Documents concern] so-called Pulsed Energy Projectiles (PEPs), which fire a laser pulse that generates a burst of expanding plasma when it hits something solid, like a person (New Scientist print edition, 12 October 2002). The weapon, destined for use in 2007, could literally knock rioters off their feet.

According to a 2003 review of non-lethal weapons by the US Naval Studies Board, which advises the navy and marine corps, PEPs produced "pain and temporary paralysis" in tests on animals. This appears to be the result of an electromagnetic pulse produced by the expanding plasma which triggers impulses in nerve cells.

Interestingly enough, one of the experts consulted, apparently on the topic of the efficient infliction of pain on a human subject, was, wait for it, a dentist:

Quote:

Brian Cooper, an expert in dental pain at the University of Florida, distanced himself from the work, saying "I don't have anything interesting to convey. I was just providing some background for the group."

He wasn't paid in money. The Navy promised he could have a nice shiny souped-up Pain Gun for his office.

Quote:

John Wood of University College London, UK, an expert in how the brain perceives pain, says the researchers involved in the project should face censure. "It could be used for torture," he says, "the [researchers] must be aware of this."

You know what else could be used for torture? Fists. Ropes. Razor blades. Baseball bats. Water. The special director's cut of Prince of Tides.

Jackasses. God, these nitwits just love hearing themselves pontificate.

And I oughta know about that.

* My feeble attempt at translating "I bitch and moan, therefore I am" into Latin. Let me know how badly I've goofed.

Phred

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: US technology. Where would we be without it? [Re: Phred]
    #3879089 - 03/06/05 06:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

To answer the title:

Under a technologically superior country.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder