Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
SCOTCH BROOM...
    #3867776 - 03/04/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I was excited when I heard this plant could have effects similar to cannabis, so I finally found some flowers popping up and dried alot. I just smoked a few bong hits of this not expecting anything, and found it IS very similar to cannabis. The effects are very mild, but in high doses its just like being stoney. With proper curing this flower is very sweet smooth smoke. It contains Cystine which is a poison when ingested (dont ever eat any scotch broom). Just thought ide let everyone know it does work somewhat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3868078 - 03/04/05 01:51 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

cool, neato. I find that saliva in small doses is similar to weed

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: Fluxburn]
    #3868154 - 03/04/05 02:12 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I dont find salvia in any way similar to good nuggets.

Offlinejben
Don't panic, it's organic
 User Gallery
    #3868196 - 03/04/05 02:24 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

cystine, if its poison when injested, how does smoking it not release the toxins in body? because its burned hot enough or what?

--------------------
Don't panic, it's organic!

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: jben]
    #3868336 - 03/04/05 02:46 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

That im not sure of. I have never really found much information on why it's still intoxicating without being as harmful to you as ingesting it. I haven't experienced any negative effects yet, and the effects I did experience lasted a good 40 minutes or so. Shorter than MJ, but definately as potent in large amounts (2 joints).

Offlinejben
 User Gallery
    #3868468 - 03/04/05 03:04 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

weird. i would do more research on how safe it is to smoke? until then i would stick to mj.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Day_Dreamer
Stranger
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: jben]
    #3868573 - 03/04/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

This might be worth trying out:

'Put the freshly picked flowers directly into a jar and seal it. Let it cure about two weeks. It should turn brown and look like scat. If not, open the jar for a minute and close it up again. It'll turn brown in a moment. When it's ready it will smell putrid; however, when you dry it, it will have a very pleasant aromatic aroma. Don't dry it to a crisp; leave it slightly moist. It will have the most amazing flavor. I tried this curing process and smoked it. It gave me a mild altered state with a minimum of a headache. I then tried curing it for eight months. The resultant product is a hallucinogen, although mild'

from http://home.teleport.com/~howieb/smoking/smoke4.html

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: The_Day_Dreamer]
    #3868583 - 03/04/05 03:24 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Yes! Its a very sweet smooth smoke when left to cure!definately worth trying!

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: The_Day_Dreamer]
    #3868592 - 03/04/05 03:25 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

No kidding? That shit grows everywhere around here. It is considered a noxious and invasive weed.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: California]
    #3868664 - 03/04/05 03:37 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I know, it grows EVERYWHERE. Alot of the flowers are needed for a good "experience", but I already rolled 19 pretty fat cigarettes of it, with just one harvest of my back yard. Every 3 days theres enough for about 15 cigarettes. After blooming season ill have alot of seeds if anyone is interested in some, remember though, it is an evasive weed and will spread very quickly in large numbers.

Offlinejben
 User Gallery
    #3868688 - 03/04/05 03:40 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

hmmm, sounds maybe worthy to give a go sometime.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3869122 - 03/04/05 05:09 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

0098.jpg (122109 bytes)

Scotch Broom

Scotch broom, Cytsus scoprfus, is native to southern Europe and northern Africa. It was introduced into the Pacific Northwest as an ornamental, and was used to stabilize eroded areas. Because of the favorable growing conditions, this member of the pea family has invaded many disturbed areas, such as roadsides, pastures, and grasslands. Unless controlled, Scotch broom forms dense brush fields that choke out native species. Because it is a large shrub, dense patches shade out and kill the native grasses. Scotch broom produces many seeds that are able to survive in a dormant state for up to 80 years. The seeds are transported from one place to another in mud stuck to vehicles, on shoes, and the feet of animals. Seedlings may be established along streams by seeds carried in runoff water. Removing the entire plant may control Scotch broom. After pulling the adult plants, grassland may be burned to help kill the seedlings and to deplete the supply of seeds.

Scotch broom has alternate, palmately compound leaflets. The entire leaf is one half to one inch across. The leaf is dark green above, paler, and fuzzy below. The flower is large, about one inch long, pea-like, and bright yellow. The flowers bloom from May to June. Scotch broom forms large shrubs that grow to a height of 10 feet and appear tangled. The fruit is about one inch long, fuzzy edged, and brown when ripe. The fruit ripens in the late summer.

Scotch broom has become an extremly expensive problem in the Pacific Northwest by causing millions of dollars to forest of that area. However, it also has possible unproven medicinal applications. Scotch broom may prove to be a treatment for congestive heart failure. As of this writing, there is No Safe dose.

Work Cited

http://www.fw.vt.edu/dendro/dendrology/syllabus/cscoparius.htm

http://nps.gov/redw/scotchbr.htm

http://seattlep-inwspirce.com/neighbors/brainbridge/broom.htm

Photo credit: Brother Alfred Brousseau, St. Mary's College

The author would like to thank Chris Gonzales and Clint Rawls for research assistants.

The above note on Scotch broom was number 1 of the first 10 listed results out of 114,000 for Scotch Broom on the Yahoo Search Engine.

It has suppliers listed to. But the majority of listingas are of the weed problem from the plants encroachement across the PNW Coastal forest region..

I smoked some back in Big Sur in the later summer of 1967. two doobies of it and all I got was a headache.

Adam Gottleib wrote of the alledge properties of this plant in his books Legal Highs and Legal herbs, both currenlty in print in Nine Underground Classics from P Ronin Publishers in Berkeley. They publish the Tim Leary books and other drug books including Peter Staffords OPsychedelic Encyclopedia.

OfflineDarkMadrigal
The wild
    #18201762 - 05/02/13 11:12 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I just moved to an island where Scotch Broom grows rampant (technically, I could harvest kilo's of the stuff..)

Still that the alkaloids are toxic and even deadly scare me a bit. What is the process for smoking them? I've read you let them mold in a jar for two weeks, you grind them up, and smoke them..?

How can one be sure one is not ingesting toxins and poisons when smoking?

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: DarkMadrigal]
    #18202410 - 05/02/13 01:15 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

That thread is from 2005...

Can't say how safe smoking scrotch broom is... I wouldn't myself

It is a noxious plant that causes allergies, makes animals sick, looks like crap and spreads so quickly

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlinethud thud
:-)
 User Gallery

Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: HarryL]
    #18205069 - 05/02/13 09:05 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Well eating tobacco isn't a good idea either so maybe its the same deal with this

--------------------
To Do List:  Crack Cocaine  ♥  Methamphetamine  ♥  Atropine  ♥  1 min ECG flatline  ♥  5 min ECG flatline  ♥  Diphenhydramine  ♥  PCP  ♥  PMA  ♥  Krokodil  ♥  Datura  ♥  Xenon ♥  Cane Toad Skin  ♥  Toluene ♥  MDVP  ♥  Nitrogen Narcosis  ♥  Butane  ♥  Jenkem  ♥  Heroin  ♥  10 day Sleep Deprovation  ♥  Water Intoxication  ♥  Carbogen

InvisibleAuxin
Stranger

Loc: USA
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: thud thud]
    #18212988 - 05/04/13 12:21 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Even apples contain a deadly poison, dosage is whats relevant.

I cant authoritatively say anything on toxicity or safety.
I can say I used this at least two dozen times as a kid, 20 years later I'm still alive.
I harvested the fully ripe flowers, bruised them, and let them ferment for 2 days before drying. Dose was usually two rolled cigarettes worth. I did not let them mold as smoking mold is a very bad idea (causes lung diseases and promotes lung cancer, australia sees these problems with moldy black market 'chop chop' tobacco.
It produced a mild euphoriant high vaguely similar to a low dose of cannabis and it seemed to synergize with pot resin in a weed pipe.

I have no interest in, or access to, the stuff these days but if I did I would look at the issue or preparation. I might carefully compare uncured flowers with the customary oxidative fermentation (which is actually like the fermentation that turns green tea into black tea) as well as an anaerobic fermentation, ie. bruising and pounding into a jar and acting like I'm making sauerkraut for 5 days before drying and smoking.

--------------------
The Nook

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: Auxin]
    #18228650 - 05/07/13 06:08 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Freakn broom

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: HarryL]
    #18242181 - 05/10/13 08:03 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

freaking broom?  no no.  Freaking loggers.

i tried it once and got sick.  flowers were fermetned a week, then made into a honey tea.  cant remember dose, but it was a good couple handfuls of flowers.

as bad as they are ( i am from near you), you have to admit when entire cliffs/hills turn BRIGHT yellow, its pretty amazing.  if you are not allergic, try tripping in a broom filled clearcut in mid summer.  so nice.  your fungi may even come from teh very wood the broom is shading :wink:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineWorld Seed SupplyV
Seed Man
Male

Loc: New York, USA Flag
Re: SCOTCH BROOM... [Re: kadakuda]
    #18260786 - 05/13/13 10:13 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Damn...thought CaptnGarden was back for a sec.

--------------------
www.worldseedsupply.com
HELPING THE WORLD GROW!

50% OFF 1st KRATOM COLLECTION POWDER ORDER @ www.kratomcollectionshop.com
USE CODE WELCOME50NWEW!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals