Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJon
The beauty of Silence desecrated by modern christianity
    #3867412 - 03/04/05 11:18 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Does everyone remember the Quakers? They were like puritans except they went to church, sat down, and absorbed the holy silence. The only point they would stand up and speak was if they felt they were being moved by God. We can compare this very much to churchgoers of different religions, where silence is an element of your spiritual vitality and growth. Where the hell can I find a Quaker church these days! Doesnt just sitting down and absorbing silence thinking about God seem more transcendentally right than the evangelism and communion of church goers? No offense to anyone who goes to a community church, but I hate community churches. I believe those churches breeded the conservative christians of today ("Turn that off, theres too much nudie" kind of christian) I meet too many christians that live their lives abiding against the modern "hedonism" of today. But really they are just overspeculating the knowledge of the bible and a single preachers bias. Why cant we just shut up and try to feel it? Why do we have to give eachother hugs, go to different countries not to help but to show them how much we have and how much they dont have and all we have to say about it is "We take alot of things for granted" Christianity became dirty overtime because of the impatience of christians, they wait they dont absorb. I asked my fellow church mates on what they thought on this and they treated me like a frickin heretic. I hate the fact that modern beliefs becomes so concrete to the minds of many, and we tend to ignore what was soo important to us, the key to our peace of mind, and that to me is just beautiful, holy, silence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: The beauty of Silence desecrated by modern christianity [Re: Jon]
    #3867433 - 03/04/05 11:24 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Perhaps we all need to learn how to see with out own eyes, hear with our own ears, and speak with our own words before we consider anything in terms for evaluation.

Nothing against organizaed religion or anything, but indoctrination isn't my thing. One should be allowed to do all of the above on their own terms, the organization of it, is what causes people to guilt trip and to fall in line through; Shame, punishment, fear, (shunning, excommunication, and the ever present "you're going to go to hell for that").

Is this in terms of what you're suggesting?

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineJon
Re: The beauty of Silence desecrated by modern christianity [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3867461 - 03/04/05 11:31 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Practically yes, people judge others before they judge themselves and a whole wave of dogmatic beliefs take over. Closing the once open minds, criticizing differences of faith. Damnit it aint easy to go to heaven and I think thats enough of a reason for people to start thinking. But then we have the "Vatican Assasins" running the entire world behind our backs. Faith needs its freedom, or it will go nowhere.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: The beauty of Silence desecrated by modern christianity [Re: Jon]
    #3867493 - 03/04/05 11:38 AM (19 years, 29 days ago)

Faith doesn't need it's freedom....

Freedom needs to have Faith, that is the ability to allow those to be free. To have faith in the ability for those to exercise their freedom rather then to control and subdue them with punishments in accordance to being "smited" by the god in question.

Faith is only good to the extent that It's a social glue... its adhesive strength has been over applied for centuries upon centuries... Such that we've would up in many a "sticky" situation.... (the condeming of sciences and explanations, religious warfare, et etal you get the idea).

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: The beauty of Silence desecrated by modern christianity [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3868571 - 03/04/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 29 days ago)

jon, i asked your question to some people...

heres some feed back I got..

first one..:

-------------------------
"There are still Quaker congregations around. I've never been to one of their services but know some folks who have, they said it was beautiful.
You and your friend might also look into Christian meditation. It can be an excellent way to hear that still, small voice that sometimes gets drowned out by the world around us.

another..:

"Meditation was common in the days of Jesus, from my understanding, and it was done from youth to adults.

Much is missed in spending time alone with God and "meditating in His word day and night" as the psalmist mentions.

"Be still and know I am God" comes to mind from your post, and that our "spiritual act of worship" lies in our being "living sacrifices, holy and acceptable unto God". (Romans 12:1)"

i looked up christian meditation, found this:

Christian Meditation

i'll probally be back with more help, have fun..  :grin: :thumbup:

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom