Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineArchaicRevival
Stranger
Bulk Growing with Dung Outdoors
    #3861331 - 03/03/05 05:48 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

A friend of mine has a fantastic spot behind his house that is just uncut forest area(South Florida) and there are certain open spots that get good sunlight and are engulfed in 8"-10" grass. I want start growing mushrooms in some of these spots and was wondering what the best outdoor technique would be. Could I colonize bulk-amounts of straw and dung in my house and then fruit it outside?

All suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island Flag
Re: Bulk Growing with Dung Outdoors [Re: ArchaicRevival]
    #3861335 - 03/03/05 06:04 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

I have witnessed MASSIVE amounts of mushrooms grown outside.... The way my friend did it was to dig a huge hole, put a mixture of 1/3 Dung, 2/3 straw in it, then top it off with a layer of potting soil.... Of course you would want to mix in copious amounts of spawn material all around in the hole/straw-dung mixture.... The MOST important thing in my opinion is placement... He usually picks a shady spot, that doesn't get much sunlight throughout the day... Also watch out for flooding of the spot.... I'd say 7 out of 10 patches he has made have flooded due to CRAZY amounts of rain falling in a short period, and submerging, and eventually drowning the bed.... Such a shame.... He does it out in the wilderness however, so he chooses to put it close to a source of water, for convenience..... If your friend lives close to the spot, i wouldn't worry about that... so all in all... look out for a shady, non-flooding spot.... Good luck... And believe me... it is so easy to do this hobby outside, soooo easy.... And you will be amazed with the amount, and quality of the fruits....

--------------------

InvisibleI_Stain_Blue
abominableshroomman

Loc: police state
Re: Bulk Growing with Dung Outdoors [Re: Floydseamus]
    #3861866 - 03/03/05 10:32 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

did you friend do that in the midwest? or the south?

--------------------
Be Here Now

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck