Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebytecodez
lurker
When to pick shrooms in PEI, Canada.
    #385333 - 09/04/01 08:31 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys!
I live in PEI, on the east coast of Canada and there are plenty of shrooms here to be picked. They are all liberty caps and you can get a garbage bag full of them if you go out shrooming on the right day, I've seen people do it. This year I decided I want to take the plunge and try picking my own shrooms. I've been told that the best time to go picking is the night of the first frost and every frost after that till the snow falls there are shrooms. Does anyone know if this is true? What are the best places to look and how does one tell that there will be frost on a perticular night?

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: When to pick shrooms in PEI, Canada. [Re: bytecodez]
    #385445 - 09/04/01 10:55 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

you will find them when the temps begin to drop at night to below comfort level (4-10 degrees) and there is lots of rain, usually between mid-sept and mid Oct in the east coast of canada.
about getting garbage bags full. i very much doubt that. its POSSIBLE but maybe like once in 50 years will you find flushes THAT substantial. PEI should be a good place tho, the warm water on the nothumberland strait could keep the temps just above frost for alot longer than mainland and coastal nova scotia. remember, frost and snow stop the mushrooms from fruiting. they might survive a small frost, but with each frost they will fruit less and less. it doesnt sound to my like youve ever picked psilocybe semilancaeta before. you shold look in moist pastureland in clumps of sage grass, the sage grass prefers to grow in aegaragtion ditches in big clumps and stretches. the mushrooms you want grow in and around these clumps. sage grass has long, cylindrical blades with pointed tips that can give you a nasty poke in the eye while youre looking in them for mush.
if you do aquire garbage bags full, save them, come on down to NS for a weekend and we have a party at my place. :) it wiould be insane.... :)

oh yes, and BE CAREFUL with libs, they are fucking potent. if youve never had this speceis before or are accustomed to P Cubensis, then get ready for a much more powerful experience. i dont know how hard you usually trip but immagine tripping so hard that you cant find your own physical being let alone interact with the world around you. and it wont take many. a few dried grams of those will do the trick.
theres no reason (besides dry weather) that you cant pick other speceis of magic mushrooms right now.

dans le silence du poisson-lune
plilosophait au fond des brumnes

Offlinebytecodez
lurker
Re: When to pick shrooms in PEI, Canada. [Re: Mitchnast]
    #385575 - 09/04/01 03:20 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hey!
Yes, I've never picked them before. Other years my friend always went out picking and he'd give me some, so i never had to :) But he moved to Quebec, so this year I have to pick them myself. Thats why I'm asking. I'm going to give him a call and see where he used to pick, because he used to have at least one garbage bag full, I've seen them. He used to be crazy and go out pciking all the time in the fall though. Hopefully there will be some around this year with all the dry weather we've been having.

Offlinebytecodez
lurker
    #385823 - 09/04/01 08:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

What other shrooms could I be picking on the island this time of the year?

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: When to pick shrooms in PEI, Canada. [Re: bytecodez]
    #385829 - 09/04/01 08:20 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

picked these yesterday in Nova Scotia :)

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #385842 - 09/04/01 08:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I pick some mushrooms similar to the wavy cap one you have in the first picture down here in Georgia. What are they? Are they overly mature Panaeolus?

Peace out,
-Gumby

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: When to pick shrooms in PEI, Canada. [Re: Gumby]
    #386088 - 09/05/01 03:45 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

no man, they are perfectly mature :)
they are however a little slug-eaten. this was the BEST one i found, i found other but they were FAR more eaten. this is panaeolus subbaltaetus.
the more conic ones are panaeolus papillonaceus, they always seem to pop up when picikings are slim :)
next to them on the log is something else im not sure, it might be P antilarium. but i doubt it as ive never found that speceis here and it isnt quite the right shape. parhaps a very mature oviliaceus?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract