Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
I'm ill, should I get high? Need serious answers
    #3851748 - 03/01/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I am still going strong with the quitting till 4/20 but at the moment I am very sick. Luckily the fever subsided last night, but I still am tormented with aches, chills, and pain of all kind.

Advil, tylenol, motrin... nothing is working! I am really considering getting high in hopes of atleats being distracted from this pain. Anyone here know anything about the combination of being high + ill? Would it help, or just make it worse

thansk

:drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: I'm ill, should I get high? Need serious answers [Re: Freeker]
    #3851751 - 03/01/05 11:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It will weaken your immune system, so...no real point in quitting your break.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3851756 - 03/01/05 11:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Usually when I'm really sick and get stoned I just completely forget that I'm sick.

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Re: I'm ill, should I get high? Need serious answers [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3851757 - 03/01/05 11:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

2 posts that totally contradict eachother...

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: I'm ill, should I get high? Need serious answers [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3851788 - 03/01/05 12:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

25) Doesn't that stuff mess up your immune system and make it easier for you catch colds? Marijuana (Delta-nine-THC) does have an `immunosuppressive effect.' It acts on certain cells in the liver, called macrophages, in much the same way that it acts on brain cells. Instead of stimulating the cells, though, it shuts them off. This effect is temporary (just like the `high') and goes away quickly; people who suffer from multiple sclerosis may actually find this effect useful in fighting the disease.

Recent research has also found that marijuana metabolites are left over in the lungs for up to seven months after the smoking has stopped. While they are there, the immune system of the lungs may be affected (but the macrophages do not get ``turned off'' like in the liver.) The effects of smoking itself are probably worse than the effects of the THC, and last just as long.

All this said, doctors still have not decided whether marijuana users are at risk for colds or not. With the possible exception of bronchitis, there are no numbers which suggest that marijuana users catch more colds, but... this did not stop Carlton Turner, a United States Drug Czar, from saying many times in his public addresses that marijuana caused AIDS and homosexuality. His claims were so ridiculus that the Washington Post and Newsweek Magazine made fun of him, and he was forced to resign.

Today, AIDS patients use marijuana to treat their symptoms without any aparrent problems. Some studies suggest that marijuana may actually stimulate certain forms of immunity. Researchers have tried to show major effects on the healthy human's immune system, but if marijuana does have any substantial effects, good or bad, they are either too subtle or too small to notice.

``Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol A Novel Treatment for Experimental Autoimmune Encephalitis '' by W. D. Lyman , J. R. Sonett , C. F. Brosnan , R. Elkin , M. B. Bornstein in ``Journal of Neuroimmunology'' Vol. 23 pp. 73-81. 1989. (lung macrophages and other cells) ``Chronic Marijuana Smoke Alters Alveolar Macrophage Morphology and Protein Expression'' by Guy A. Cabral, Amy L. Stinnet, John Bailey, Syed F. Ali, Merle G. Paul, Andrew C. Scallet, William Slikker Jr, 1991. (general overview) ``Marijuana and Immunity'' by Leo E. Hollister M.D. in ``Journal of Psychoactive Drugs'' Vol. 24 Iss. 2 pp. 159-164. pub. Haight-Ashbury Publications in association with the Haight-Ashbury Free Medical Clinic San Francisco, Calif. : April,June, 1992. (Carlton Turner) ``Official Corruption Carton Turner'' by Jack HererJack Herer in ``The Emperor Wears No Clothes The Authoritative Historical Record of the Cannabis Plant, Marijuana Prohibition, & How Hemp Can Still Save the World'' pub. Queen of Clubs HEMP Publishing, 1993.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Re: I'm ill, should I get high? Need serious answers [Re: delta9]
    #3851795 - 03/01/05 12:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'd love to read that. Please shorten it  :grin:

OfflineWildRunner
Obey little,Resist much

Loc: Where the wild things are
    #3851805 - 03/01/05 12:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What about sick people smoking doobs and passing em onward in the ses. I think those people are at a greater risk of catchin whatever buddy has. Just like kissing your sick boy/girlie friend.

--------------------
If you dont know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#3851806 - 03/01/05 12:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Dumbass.

... no offense, but that's simply inane. It is barely 300 words of content... Most people can read 300 words in a minute.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
    #3851814 - 03/01/05 12:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It had nothing to do with length, it was just a large clump of words in a small font.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#3851816 - 03/01/05 12:07 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Not my fault you are using a crappy skin in a crappy browser :shrug:

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
    #3851820 - 03/01/05 12:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, i play the hand im dealt

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale