Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePsiloSimon
amateurmycologist

Loc: the universe
Cell Phone=Unhealthy?
    #3850767 - 03/01/05 04:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am seriously beginning to think that using a cell phone is bad for my health. I have had my cell phone for about 2 years now and used it hundreds of times.

What I am about to say is 100% true and in all honesty:

I have noticed that whenever I use my cell phone, when I put it up to my head to talk, I can feel a very slight pressure inside of my head. It is a very strange and subtle sensation but I can definitely feel something happening. It almost hurts but it seems it isn't strong enough. It only seems to happen when I am making a call. Also something has happened to me that is even stranger. I could have my phone on silent, and someone will call and all of the sudden I get a rush of urgency. I then instinctively check my phone and I see that some one is calling! This has happened to me quite a few times and it is the weirdest thing. It is like my brain is able to detect the high frequency and lets me know.

I know there has to be some serious side affects of using cell phones if it does these things to me. The damage it does to you might take years and years to show affects, and only then we could realize it only for it to be way too late. I imagine that in 50 years people might talk about cell phones the same way we would think it was really dumb to not have cars with airbags in the 50's now.

I have been considering just getting rid of it. But it has now become a domination social tool and I feel it is sort of a necessity
Am I just really aware? I swear I am not Bullsh!tting. This really happens to me.

Does any of this happen to anyone else???

--------------------
IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Cell Phone=Unhealthy? [Re: PsiloSimon]
    #3850786 - 03/01/05 04:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't deny it really happens, but are you sure you aren't just feeling the pressure in your head because you're worried about problems? The fear of something actually happening can certainly be enough for you to experience a sensation. I'm not saying you're lying or anything, I'm just saying that often experiences can be misleading.

There was a bit of a scare for a while, when people began accusing cell phones of causing brain cancer, but people have done studies, and there hasn't been any clear link. People with cell phones don't seem to be any more likely to develop brain cancer.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePsiloSimon
amateurmycologist

Re: Cell Phone=Unhealthy? [Re: Phluck]
    #3850838 - 03/01/05 05:17 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am 100% certain that it is not mental. I can feel a physical pressure inside the left side of my head(the same side I use the phone) right above my ear. It is not made-up and is definitely there. Even if you are skeptical because you haven't experienced it, you just have to take my word for it and assume that it is really happening. There is a real pressure in my head that directly links to me sending and receiving calls on my cell phone. It only happens when I use it. I can feel that whatever it is it isn't right.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3850846 - 03/01/05 05:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am 100% certain that it is not mental.

I'm sorry to have to break it to you, but that doesn't mean anything.

I don't doubt at all that you are actually experiencing it. What I'm saying is, your brain can create ACTUAL EXPERIENCES out of nothing.

The ONLY way to know for sure if it is caused by the cell phone would be to do a blind test. Simply trusting your own judgement is unreliable, and 100% unscientific.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePsiloSimon
amateurmycologist

#3850865 - 03/01/05 06:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

So what your trying to say is that my mind (for one reason or another) makes up physical sensations on it's own with out external input? Wouldn't that seem totally opposite to how the brain is supposed to work? It relays information about the outside world to make your body react to enable us to survive. If it just made up physical sensations on it's own then how would we be able to tell what is real and what is not? I emphasize on the word Physical. We make up emotional feelings all of the time.

My own judgment is sound and I know that it is as real as I am sitting in this chair. Who else would really know it is happening expect for someone that actually feels it? Anyway a blind test seems like a good idea, I might try that.

I really just wanted to see if I was alone on this one...

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3850880 - 03/01/05 06:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, you can't know anything for sure.

For the most part, people's minds work fine, but we definitely make up sensations all the time.

Whenever a new drug is tested, for instance, there are control groups. They will give 500 people the real drug, and 500 a completely inactive fake pill, and nobody knows which one they received.

Usually around 7% of the people who got the fake drug decide that they must quit taking it because the side effects have become too severe.

I think that fairly demonstrates that perfectly rational people can perceive things that aren't there.

By blind test, I should clarify that you'll need to have someone hold the working cell phone up to your head 10 times, and hold something else up to your head 10 times, at random, and you not knowing whether you're getting the real thing, or the fake thing. Make sure the pattern is random as well. That'd be a good test.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3852149 - 03/01/05 01:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

& then go read heinlein's story _waldo_

~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Cell Phone=Unhealthy? [Re: gnrm23]
    #3852576 - 03/01/05 02:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Not really unhealthy, but don't forget to only talk at nights and weekends. Paying it off can be stressful with the overages.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflinePsyhigh
Lost
    #3856044 - 03/02/05 06:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

dont trust em myself dude... our being is electromagnetic/electric just as much as it is visably physical... all this communication technology is a booming industry and I wouldn't trust any officially published research results myself as yet - and it is known that the effects of cell phones are not conclusively safe, nor are they unsafe. I have to turn my phone off these days when I'm carrying it around in my trouser pocket because theres no way I'm exposing my precious balls to any kind of microwave radiation if I can avoid doing it... and I figure if I can apply this to my balls, I should also apply it to my brain.

-tim

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Cell Phone=Unhealthy? [Re: Psyhigh]
    #3856876 - 03/02/05 11:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:shiftyeyes:
You do realize, of course, that we have done lots of studies of the effects of electromagnetic fields, and magnetism on humans and haven't found ANY effects.

Also, millions upon millions of people around the world are carrying cell phones next to their balls, and there's been no sharp increase in infertility.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3856940 - 03/02/05 11:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Just annoying.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Cell Phone=Unhealthy? [Re: baraka]
    #3861161 - 03/03/05 02:13 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

my phone gets hot, and after i talk on it for more than 5 mins i start getting anxious, and agitated, regaurdless of who im talking to or wat about.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineNuperSova
Stranger
Re: Cell Phone=Unhealthy? [Re: BleaK]
    #3861900 - 03/03/05 10:42 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Cell phones to some extent definitely can have a physical effect. But since it takes so long for anything tangible to develop from the use, it is easy for the industry to say that it is impossible to directly tie cell phone usage with ________. But even so, they do acknowledge openly that guys who wear the cell phones in their front pockets can be subjected to lower sperm counts, so why wouldn't it have an effect on your brain?

--------------------
I Refuse To Say I'm Lost Just Because I Don't Know Where I Am

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale