Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTheDrugStore

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Fuck green mold! I'm fighting back! *PICS*
    #3844953 - 02/27/05 11:48 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Well i guess this could be an expirement for myself, to really see how easiliy this mold can take over your casings.
After losing a previous casing to green mold right off the bat, ive decided to try and save my second casing which has caught this disease after its first flush and re-hydration. (I most likly fucked up the Re-hydration process by spraying the casing a little to much)

Anyways im hoping that there is hope for us out there that catch green mold in its early stages, and feel like saving the work they put into anything that is infected.

As you can see, ITS NOT GREEN, but damn whiter than the mycelium trying to take its foothold over the casing layer once again. It literally popped up in the last 6 hours. Luckaly for me i caught it before it turned green which limits spores being realesed by it. (I could be wrong as hell.)

So i cut out that whole corner and did in fact find small traces of green mold just under the white shit. I then took some h202 mixed with water and sprayed down the spot and the whole casing layer to kill any spores that could have been realesed. Put very little damped verm in the spots needed, and now currently waiting to see what awaits this casing. Ill update this thread with the results.

Wish me luck. If it works ill be surprised.

-Drug

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: Fuck green mold! I'm fighting back! *PICS* [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #3844973 - 02/27/05 11:52 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

shit man thats a project cus you dont even know where the green is hiding... you're doin what you can, so all i can say is good luck. if worst comes to worst you could always make some mycellium syringes from the growth on there and shoot up some more jars.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Re: Fuck green mold! I'm fighting back! *PICS* [Re: Edge]
    #3845005 - 02/27/05 11:59 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Edge said:
shit man thats a project cus you dont even know where the green is hiding... you're doin what you can, so all i can say is good luck.  if worst comes to worst you could always make some mycellium syringes from the growth on there and shoot up some more jars.

Oh, im not worried about that. I just hate losing casing because of the time that went into the whole process. But it happens to all of us doesn't it.

Anyways, if this fails, it fails, and something new begins :wink:

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

#3845011 - 02/28/05 12:01 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

That's a good attitude.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Fuck green mold! I'm fighting back! *PICS* [Re: korins]
    #3845075 - 02/28/05 12:26 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

It still would be a bad idea to eat mushrooms from that casing.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Fuck green mold! I'm fighting back! *PICS* [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3845314 - 02/28/05 02:10 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Give the casing a bleach dunk for 4-6 hours while you still have time. H202 has no damaging effect on Trich at all. 1/4 cup per 3 gallons of water will be your best bet. H202 is horrible to use on mycelical growth.

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Re: Fuck green mold! I'm fighting back! *PICS* [Re: Hotnuts]
    #3847181 - 02/28/05 02:37 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

hotnutz said:
Give the casing a bleach dunk for 4-6 hours while you still have time. H202 has no damaging effect on Trich at all. 1/4 cup per 3 gallons of water will be your best bet. H202 is horrible to use on mycelical growth.

Ive been advised by some very knowledgable mycologist on what to do. Nothing was ever said about bleach dunking it. IMO thats a bunch of BS. Why wouldn't i be sceptical about doing that procedure you advise? Can you back that up with some information links?

I realize h202 can't kill any already established contam other than some cobweb. BUT, i got rid of the established contam and sprayed the h202 to kill any spores it realeased if in fact there were any. By the way the h202 was diluted in some water.

Umm, i also know h202 doesn't really affect mycelium, but ive heard it does cause mutent shrooms once in a while.

Here is the casing 14 hours after fixing it. Mycelium is growing strong to overtake the top layer, and still no sign of any green (or thick white, which would indicate green mold in its early stages) after the fixing.

obviously the h202 spray has not affected the mycelium "growth". Take a look.

-Drug

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3847201 - 02/28/05 02:43 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Kramer says best thing to do is pitch it but you already know that

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Re: Fuck green mold! I'm fighting back! *PICS* [Re: george castanza]
    #3847232 - 02/28/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:

Of course. But i have no project ready to replace it just yet, so ill wish for the best, and you never know, i could be lucky.

--------------------

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3852549 - 03/01/05 02:34 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

TheDrugStore said:
Quote:

george castanza said:

Of course. But i have no project ready to replace it just yet, so ill wish for the best, and you never know, i could be lucky.

worst case scenario it contaminates everything else your working on...pitch it! I know it can be hard but some times it is just best to toss them. :blazed:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: Fuck green mold! I'm fighting back! *PICS* [Re: george castanza]
    #3852605 - 03/01/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Id'a hit it with the salt and let that sit for a few hours,, then scrape it off.. salt the aerea again after this..... But that's alot of mold dude.

or .. chuck it.

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Fuck green mold! I'm fighting back! *PICS* [Re: PooPs]
    #3852664 - 03/01/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

why do none of you remember what happened to fucknuckle, if you inhale the spores from mold you can end up with some medical problems. dont fuck around when you have a chance to start over.

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Edited by lordoftheshroomz (03/01/05 02:52 PM)

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3852666 - 03/01/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Ok I wish you luck on this, and it CAN be done!

Much people (who never tried it either) scream: CONTAMS!!! TOSS IT!! IT MAY KILL YOU!! OR INFECT ALL FUTURE CASINGS!!!

Just give it a go. I rescued an infected strawbed, I cut out the greenmold infected areas plus a securityzone of an inch or 2 more.

They now are almost finished after 4 or 5 flushes, I forgot. And it never contammed.

Green mold spores are everywehre. As long as you dont let them sporulate masswise in your FC you dont have much bigger risks IMHO.

A part of the story can be read here:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3676228/an/0/page/4

--------------------

InvisibleTheDrugStore

Re: Fuck green mold! I'm fighting back! *PICS* [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3853698 - 03/01/05 06:07 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

HAHAHAHA, it was a failure.

Ain't that a bitch. :cussing:

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3855350 - 03/02/05 12:46 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

:wtf: What are you talking about sick bimbo?

Harvested probably the last mushrooms yesterday of one of the B+ jars I made from that infected strawbed.

I think YOU are the failure AND the bitch.. :ass: :lol:

MF

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag