Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShako
Stranger
Shrooms
    #3844672 - 02/27/05 11:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hello m'shroomers! I have "not" recently got the idea of experiementing with shrooms. The problem is getting them everyone tells me their so popular. Well after looking on Erowid's site I found how easily they are to grow, which from evidence looked easy by easy I could mean 10x faster than growing marijuana! So i think everyones bs'in me :smile:, I had run arounds alot and am fed up! So I wanted to know something about hunting these sacred shrooms :smile:. I live in Fresno, California and seen shrooms grow around lawns which back in the day my parents said were posionous which in any case they could be. I'm 24 and hoping to hunt some 'shrooms but hate the idea of finding a shroom head to id them. I know of none and know there isnt a place in my town who can I don't like traveling either... Im a pot head :laugh:. I just need to know if I could get fertilizer to grow these puppies. I gave it thought as to what helps shrooms grow in lawns anyways all I could think of was uh... fertilizer. I know this might be a very dumb question but I need to know. Also I do know sum people with ranch homes in the boonies. Actually I dont "know" them lol but I could get to know their acre. I just don't want to be caught and doing this makes me feel tired already specialy finding out if half the shrooms I picked would be unedibale. So please help me with these questions:

1. Will any fertilizer work for raising the chances of shrooms growing in my lawn.

2. Where or how can I tell a shrooms posionous or not, while avoiding any idenifications around central CA.

3. All the shrooms I see in lawns are small caped, light brown in color shrooms, are they posionious?

Edited by Shako (02/27/05 11:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: Shrooms [Re: Shako]
    #3844691 - 02/27/05 11:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Read the FAQ on this site. It will explain it allllllllllllllllll.

BTW, to help move you in the right directin the answer to all your questiosns is 1. no, 2, FAQ, 3, Yes.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Shrooms [Re: Shako]
    #3845147 - 02/28/05 01:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shako said:
1. Will any fertilizer work for raising the chances of shrooms growing in my lawn.

No.

Quote:

2. Where or how can I tell a shrooms posionous or not, while avoiding any idenifications around central CA.

You can't. You must identify the mushrooms you find and then look up if they're poisonous.

Quote:

3. All the shrooms I see in lawns are small caped, light brown in color shrooms, are they posionious?

I have a car, it has four wheels and an engine. Will it start?

Come on, do some research before you start posting questions here...

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Shrooms [Re: koraks]
    #3845173 - 02/28/05 01:10 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

the answer to your first question actually is yes, ive done it myself and im pretty proud of it.
i landscaped my yard using spent dung-straw compost from the local mushroom farm and got mself a bonanza of panaeolus subbaltaetus. its not a matter of sprinkling tho, its days of backbreaking sweaty labor.

as for the rest FAQ

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Shrooms [Re: Mitchnast]
    #3845216 - 02/28/05 01:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The subject to this post is quite vauge considering this is "THE SHROOMERY" board and since question #1 revolves around cultivation, it would get better recoginition in the cultivation forum that is after you specify the Topic in the subject line.
--Will ANY fertilizer work? No--but some will. It would also be beneficial to introduce or inoculate some spores or mycelium into your soil/lawn if you want to start your own outdoor patch rather thn hoping some random psychadelic spore strain to just float in--but indoor cultivation has a higher success rate since you can control the environment more suffeciently. There are people who have self-reliant outdoor shroom patches which is nice cause you dont have to bother with it much but this will take more experience than indoor cultivation.
--there are many recourses including books, the web and this forum where you can positively ID shrooms, it is obvious your are ignorant of the shroom ID guidelines from the vauge nature of the 3rd question....
Answering to the poster by the way sorry for the default response

Edited by PsillyNilly (02/28/05 01:27 AM)

Invisiblekoraks
    #3845276 - 02/28/05 01:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
the answer to your first question actually is yes, ive done it myself and im pretty proud of it.

Re-read the question then: "will any kind of fertilizer...".

Quote:

i landscaped my yard using spent dung-straw compost from the local mushroom farm and got mself a bonanza of panaeolus subbaltaetus. its not a matter of sprinkling tho, its days of backbreaking sweaty labor.

You used dung-straw compost from a mushroom farm. This kind of fertilizer will increase growth of some species. But I think that normal NPK-mix fertilizers won't aid mushroom growth much (if at all).

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#3845450 - 02/28/05 03:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

actually the syntax can be taken two ways, and in this case i beleive he was asking it in the way that justifies my answer.

otherwise he more likely would have worded it "will just any fertilizer work"

i could ask "does anybody know the answer" would you assume im asking for the answer? or would you assume im really just curious if anyone knows it.

however, due to the off chance his question might be already assumptive of a blanket answer, I did clarify the conditions to the Yes answer. that it was not an easy task, and i was specific about the fertilizer type.
of course NPK wouldnt work, and for his benefit, NPK is usually the granular lawn food you sprinkle on your lawn.
but, commercially, can be any fertilier represented by 3 numbers separated by 2 dashes.

Invisiblekoraks
    #3845531 - 02/28/05 05:05 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
actually the syntax can be taken two ways, and in this case i beleive he was asking it in the way that justifies my answer.

Know what? You're totally right, I hadn't looked at it that way :smile:

Quote:

but, commercially, can be any fertilier represented by 3 numbers separated by 2 dashes.

That's exactly the way it's sold here (Holland). Lawn fertilizers (and other types) based on some NPK mix are also available here btw.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#3845663 - 02/28/05 07:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, some only have 2 numbers, i don't know what's ommitted or what the hell there for :P  nothing i grow tho :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags