Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

Easy incubation idea...
    #3834203 - 02/25/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

When pondering an ideal place for incubation that would have reasonably stable temps, without me having to construct anything, I realized that the area above my fridge is great.

Warm air rises from the radiator in the back and lingers between the top of the fridge and the liquor cabinet above. Temps never diverge from 78-84F. I realize this isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn good when considering nothing needs to be made (most people have access to this simple 'incubator'). If other people want to try this and temps aren't quite right, simple modifications could be made to alter temp (e.g. a crude barrier to trap the warm air, or a distant low speed fan to cool come to mind). Also, the liquor cabinet above is good (likely varies from dwelling to dwelling.

My apologies if this has already been discussed. I just wanted to share this elegant solution for those cheap/lazy people out there. :stoned:

Also, I'd like to thank the forum fictures for providing such helpful information to everyone (e.g. anno, roadkill, hyphae, diver, prisoner etc...)  :laugh:

Edited by korins (02/25/05 06:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Easy incubation idea... [Re: korins]
    #3834212 - 02/25/05 06:15 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Is the pretty even front to back, or is it mainly that warm just in the back where you are getting temp readings from the rising hot air off the radiator?

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

Re: Easy incubation idea... [Re: Holydiver]
    #3834239 - 02/25/05 06:21 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Good question. Yeah, it's actually surprisingly even front to back ~1-2 degree difference (should have mentioned that). Also, when more of the space is used, the temps seem to stablized even more. All the mass up there kind of acts like a temperature buffer, evenly distributing the heat and protecting from fast variations (making the on/off action of the fridge less important). :thumbup:

OfflineMachmood
Stranger
Re: Easy incubation idea... [Re: Holydiver]
    #3834242 - 02/25/05 06:22 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

i had this big wooden chest/armour, It can hold a rediculous amount of jars, i just foiled the entire thing, threw a heat rock on the bottome, and there u go, SO MANY POSSABILITIES, just get creative

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3834421 - 02/25/05 07:12 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

A fridge:

Damn good idea.

Why didn't I think of that....

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3834482 - 02/25/05 07:21 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

korins said:
When pondering an ideal place for incubation that would have reasonably stable temps, without me having to construct anything, I realized that the area above my fridge is great.

Your a smart person!~

but alas...it has been done before...and still is being done.

I know several people that do just this.
They use the top of their frig or the cabinet above the frig for incubating their jars.

I have personally seen that it works very well.
:smile:

I'd use this method...but I have too much crap on top of my frig and inside the cabinet over the frig...lolzz

Glad you brought this up...this really hasn't been talked about alot.
:smile:

good luck!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom