Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

anything else than PC
    #3823544 - 02/23/05 05:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

alright, i know that the only way to sterilize grain (popcorn) is to PC it, but im stupid; so, before the flaming happens, im just wondering if there's anything else I could possibly use other than a PC. I know that the reasona PC works is because the pressure raises waters boiling point so that it can kill the little contaminats in there, but couldn't say, an oven do the same thing?

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSko
Democrat

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: anything else than PC [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3823562 - 02/23/05 05:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Your going to have to save your pennies and buy a PC. For 40$ you can get an 8qt PC from walmart or wherever, and I can fit 4 quart canning jars in there... BARELY... hehe.

If you can't afford one, just use the PFTek, or MMGG, or whatever.

Good Luck!

--------------------
Sko

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: anything else than PC [Re: Sko]
    #3823566 - 02/23/05 05:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well i hav one, but im trying to do 30 jars, and i dont want to spend 6 hours doing this.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

- Baby Hitler

OfflineSko
Democrat

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #3823610 - 02/23/05 05:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wow! 30 jars!

Why not do a couple jars and move on to bulk sustrate?

If you dont your going to have the same problem in the future...

I still have to do 3 hours of sterilization myself, mabe split them over over a few days? Then you could have a good grow cycle going.

--------------------
Sko

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3823624 - 02/23/05 05:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

4hodmt said:
im just wondering if there's anything else I could possibly use other than a PC.

sure, you can use an autoclave, they cost more and usualy hold less but you can find some large ones that will sterilize your car for $100k and up

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: anything else than PC [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3823642 - 02/23/05 05:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

man, u really can't question anything in the shroomery, can you? i was just loking to see if anyone had some input as to elabborating on the basic principles of the autoclave/pressure cooker. but i guess that's above this forum (please, prove me wrong).

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3823651 - 02/23/05 05:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

check the FAQ and look for fractional sterilization, theres a higher contam rate than with a PC but lots of people have had good luck with it

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3823658 - 02/23/05 05:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for being so helpful prisoner ^_^.

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3823678 - 02/23/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

has anybody used fractional sterilization? http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23372

and should i make a new thread for that question?

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3823726 - 02/23/05 06:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

4hodmt said: well i hav one, but im trying to do 30 jars, and i dont want to spend 6 hours doing this.

220V & quick. Will do your 30 jars. Sadly, I don't loan it out.

--------------------

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: anything else than PC [Re: agar]
    #3823737 - 02/23/05 06:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I wish I was Mr. Fancy pants agar up there^^^^^.

i guess 6 hours it is....

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3823805 - 02/23/05 06:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Not "fancy pants" at all, just frugal investment, if you do bulk spawn bags 20 @ a time. Time is money. I have seen an AA 941 (holds 18 quart jars)go over eBay not to long ago for $32. Nothing fancy, just frugal. I was stupified it went so cheap.

--------------------

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: anything else than PC [Re: agar]
    #3828195 - 02/24/05 03:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

oh; trust me, it's fancy. i gotta start watching EBay like a hawk....

--------------------

_______

- Baby Hitler

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder