Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprotocoldroid
synthtek aa
Loc: central ny
caps ain't got no spores :(
    #382279 - 08/30/01 05:36 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Had a first flush from a single QT cake of PF cased in verm ready to harvest today, and... i checked the caps for spores, cause I really wanted to get a load of spore prints, but... the inside of the caps are white, doesn't look like a spore in the bunch. why would this happen?

I've made a futile attempt to get spores by using a couple caps, but... it looks so pale in those "gills" of the cap.

it's not a freak out for me, cause using the 9er tek, you can just use flesh to clone (which is what I usually do), but I thought I would try making some spore prints.... maybe on the second flush?

thx, peace out!

-protocoldroid

-=/ "what is this electrofunk that's drivin' y'all crazy?" \=-
[paranoia disclaimer: a science-fiction post for a science-fiction world, this post is not intended to be true.]

--------------------
[disclaimer: a science-fiction post for a science-fiction world, this post is not intended to be true.]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineliquidplaya
Re: caps ain't got no spores :( [Re: protocoldroid]
    #382288 - 08/30/01 05:41 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

you cant see the spores..
if u pick them when the cap is straight out, not still rounded.. and u place it on a peice of paper or whatever for a day.. u will then see the spores on the paper..

Offlineprotocoldroid
synthtek aa
Loc: central ny
Re: caps ain't got no spores :( [Re: liquidplaya]
    #382295 - 08/30/01 05:49 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

guess I never payed 'em much attention before I cared about spore prints, but... I always had it in my head that it was darker under the caps.

I'm pretty sure the caps I used were open enough. they weren't opened flat, but the veil had fully broken and kind of "acorn cap" shaped (dome-like at the top, not point like though).

thx!

-protocoldroid

[paranoia disclaimer: a science-fiction post for a science-fiction world, this post is not intended to be true.]

--------------------
[disclaimer: a science-fiction post for a science-fiction world, this post is not intended to be true.]

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #382317 - 08/30/01 06:21 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

You need to wait until the gills darken. The darkening is the spores.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #382323 - 08/30/01 06:29 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah - if the gills are white, then you have to wait until they darken or you get some purpleish spore stains below the cap

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale