Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
SSRI withdrawal
    #3809829 - 02/21/05 06:16 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Edit: I changed this topic to something less selfish because it seems like every morning I post a new topic about how scared I am of what's going to happen to me at the end of this.

So the new topic is:

Advice on SSRI withdrawal. I tapered off from 15 mg in three weeks going down 5 mg a week. Was this too sudden? Is it possible to be permanently affected by SSRI withdrawal? I have the feeling that quitting Lexapro cold turkey from 20 mg years ago permanently effected me.

If you check the website http://www.lexapro.com/ you'll note that they say NOTHING about withdrawal. The doctors said NOTHING about withdrawal. It's likely to be the same with other anti-depressants. Usually they something like "do not skip doses", but wouldn't that be a logical statement for ANY drug?

Sigh.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Edited by SocietyRejects (02/21/05 07:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpleh
Ow..?
Re: I hate this. I am zombified and have no emotion. [Re: Society]
    #3809849 - 02/21/05 06:32 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

welcome to ssri withdrawal, try tapering your self off the drug very slowly bit by bit. Things will be fucked right now but they DO come back to normal.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3809868 - 02/21/05 06:45 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

yeah, i would have tapered off more slowly. antidepressant withdrawals can get very bad. i've been through a few myself.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: I hate this. I am zombified and have no emotion. [Re: Locus]
    #3829303 - 02/24/05 07:20 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

I editted the post.

In your experiences, how often has it taken foir SSRI withdrawal to wear off? I've become violently angry, irritable, frustrated, miserable, and horrendously depressed times a million.... I've had to patch 5 holes in walls that I punched and kicked.

I fucking hate SSRIs. I am on St. Johns Wort now and have been for the past few days. Hopefully it will help end my stupid fucking misery before a shotgun shell does.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3830444 - 02/24/05 09:51 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

Usually the withdrawal doesn't take a long time .. you've been off for a while now right? and when i got withdrawal bad a few times when i didnt taper long enough i just started again and tapered slower and i was ok for the most part, though sometimes i wasn't as lucky. a few times i came off and i got horribly depressed for a while. but that was different than the withdrawal i usually felt. i mean depression will always come with it, but there are physical shock sensations and weird really bad feelings and sickness in the actual withdrawal.. hard to describe now as it's been a while since i felt this. maybe you're just really depressed and stuff because you were on that for a while and now you're off it.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

#3830469 - 02/24/05 09:56 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

If you're that upset about it, maybe you should slow down..mess with your dose a little. Take your old dose one day, and half the next, or take smaller doses but do so ever 12 hours, or something like that.
Why are you going off it any ways?
I've been on and off SRRI's for several years... whenever I feel stable, I say "I don't need these fucking mind control pills, i'm cool, I'm going to stop taking them". Then I have a weird time getting off of them, then feel good for a couple months, and then start getting depression and anxiety again.
I'm on zoloft now..and although there are some side affect (i feel slower), I think I'm better off with the chemical mood balancing. Being depressed, axious..is debilitating.
So any ways..if you've been on and off stuff for a while, and are having a rough time getting off SRRI's, maybe you should think about giving yourself a little more time.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I hate this. I am zombified and have no emotion. [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3830517 - 02/24/05 10:05 PM (19 years, 27 days ago)

yeah, zoloft is one of the antidepressants that i didn't try and there aren't many others that i missed. but i think if SJW doesnt work for me i may try zoloft. i cant stand antidepressants, like S.R. and most people. but i've got to do something or else i'll end up dead. for me it's more difficult though, because i have physical pain that ultimately cannot be treated that basically kills me along with all this mental shit. and the pain makes it a thousand times worse.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#3834481 - 02/25/05 07:21 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

I only had two days of pain and misery, no mood swings or anything. I couldn't even comprehend the thought of a single emotion asides from how bad I felt and how much discomfort I was in. As far as that goes, I can't say much about that.

I probably should have smoked some weed while I was going through it all, but it was so harsh that I never left the bathroom. Now that I think of it, perhaps some dxm would help to take your mind off of it? Whenever I have the same symptoms I did with SSRI withdrawal (fuck you pharm companies, and an extra fuck you family physician!!) I use a little bit of cough syrup to get my mind off things. I'm fortunately really sensitive to dxm so a normal dose totally hits me. But as for normal people, you'd probably want to try some cough syrup with only dxm if you're able to find any.

Good luck man. Just hang in there. When things clear up you'll feel awesome! It's a good life. Sounds nerdy but ah what the hell, it really is, dude.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Re: I hate this. I am zombified and have no emotion. [Re: browndustin]
    #3835209 - 02/25/05 10:46 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Thanks for all the advice. I don't really remember when I quit (somewhere between (5-12) days, but the withdrawal seems to be retarding a little. The shock pulses in my brain went away for the most part, but I'm still feeling shitty. I woke up this morning and told myself I would do whatever it takes to restrain myself from breaking things out of "frustration" with this, and it's worked so far. I don't know how screwed up I am, but I seem to be feeling nothing besides extreme anger/irritably and/or depression.

For some reason I get the sensation that I'm in a slow process of dying. I find it nearly impossible to focus my mind on reality, my vision is pretty fucked up, my memory is horrendous, I cannot have a miserable time concentrating on reading and listening, and I feel like I've got a million other things wrong with me... mostly mental. The thing is, I've felt like this since the first timeI quit taking Lexapro without weening off... years ago. These are some of the reaosn I started taking the medicine again. All these symptoms put me in such misery and anxiety that i started taking Lexapro again. Did quitting the drug permanently fuck me up? Did it trigger or surface something latent in my mind?

It fucking sucks that I've never been able to relate to anyone when it comes to this... except one person: an ol' friend from school that I've managed to occasionally keep in touch with through the years. He took Zoloft for years and eventually got really fed up with the side effects and overall feeling of the drug and quit. He experiences seemingly parallel symptoms and sensations as I do: depression, extreme irritability, vertigo, poor concetration and memory...

What the crap gives?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3835848 - 02/26/05 04:33 AM (19 years, 25 days ago)

i don't know for certain about this, but there aren't supposed to be any permanent side effects. im not sure if it's possible.i have questioned this stuff in the past though also and ive talked to some doctors before about it and they all have told me the same type of stuff. i mean, i can't say if they're lying or something, but this is what i've been told from every source.

--------------------

OfflinePsyhigh
Lost
    #3838665 - 02/26/05 07:25 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

I hope what you're going through doesn't last for long dude - firstly well done for trying to come off the SSRI's, thats a great thing, and secondly its no problem should things not improve and you have to go back on them for a while, nor if anyone has to take them for life! I can relate to the isolation and emptiness that you might be feeling at the mo, and hopefully its just a withdrawel from the SSRI's - your brain is just not used to making as much serotonin as it should do, because normally its been hanging around a little longer! The great thing about our bodies is that they know when things arn't right and they adapt. I've read some great things about the supplement 5-HTP which is a precursor to Serotonin - studies have actually shown that 5-HTP, found naturally in some African plant, showed better results for treating depression than a popular SSRI - possibly Prozac! And its NOT an SSRI, it just provides your body with some ready-made goodness which it might decide to use, but its not forced to do anything! Have you checked that you've not gone onto St Johns Wort too quickly after coming off the SSRI - this might cause problems but I really don't know. I believe we don't feel emotions for no reason so go to a field if you can and shout and scream as loud as you fkin can to get rid of some of that anger or channel it out in a harmless way, or go for a really big jog and put all the energy of your anger into your running to burn it away! Talk to peeps, if theres nobody there to understand or support, talk to a councillor, if they don't understand or support, they're not the right one and theres plenty more. Talk to yourself, jot down your feelings and maybe dreams, and maybe use the depression to re-evaluate your life - strive for happiness, or strive to find out what to strive for, what makes you feel alive, happy, fulfilled. Depression is a part of living, as much as happiness, and its so common amongst people of a young age in their transition into adulthood - late teens, early to mid twenties etc, and I think thats what its all about, understanding who we are and what we want to do with our lives, and its also an important time because we're detatching from the nurturing and safety of our parents into quite a tough and challenging world/society!

I hope things improve for you, give it some more time and try to keep busy. Hopefully you remembered while on the antidepressents that life is worth living - that was a genuine thought and it will return and I'm so sure it will eventually form the foundation of your thought. As I say, it is a tough part in our lives and as you work through this depression and other problems, getting to the root and understanding them, you'll be understanding more about yourself and as a consequence will be building such a depth of character.

All the best mate.
Tim C

OfflinePsyhigh
Lost
    #3838693 - 02/26/05 07:31 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

Re: I hate this. I am zombified and have no emotion.

Oh yeah and just to say dude, the fact you are aware that you're zombified and have no emotion clearly shows that theres is an empty void in your mind just waiting to be filled up again which it will over time! If you really were zombified and had no emotion, you wouldnt care about it :smile:

:heart:

InvisibleJoeChip
Entropy
Re: I hate this. I am zombified and have no emotion. [Re: Psyhigh]
    #3909802 - 03/12/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

PropertyIsTheft said:
I hope what you're going through doesn't last for long dude - firstly well done for trying to come off the SSRI's, thats a great thing, and secondly its no problem should things not improve and you have to go back on them for a while, nor if anyone has to take them for life! I can relate to the isolation and emptiness that you might be feeling at the mo, and hopefully its just a withdrawel from the SSRI's - your brain is just not used to making as much serotonin as it should do, because normally its been hanging around a little longer! The great thing about our bodies is that they know when things arn't right and they adapt. I've read some great things about the supplement 5-HTP which is a precursor to Serotonin - studies have actually shown that 5-HTP, found naturally in some African plant, showed better results for treating depression than a popular SSRI - possibly Prozac! And its NOT an SSRI, it just provides your body with some ready-made goodness which it might decide to use, but its not forced to do anything! Have you checked that you've not gone onto St Johns Wort too quickly after coming off the SSRI - this might cause problems but I really don't know. I believe we don't feel emotions for no reason so go to a field if you can and shout and scream as loud as you fkin can to get rid of some of that anger or channel it out in a harmless way, or go for a really big jog and put all the energy of your anger into your running to burn it away! Talk to peeps, if theres nobody there to understand or support, talk to a councillor, if they don't understand or support, they're not the right one and theres plenty more. Talk to yourself, jot down your feelings and maybe dreams, and maybe use the depression to re-evaluate your life - strive for happiness, or strive to find out what to strive for, what makes you feel alive, happy, fulfilled. Depression is a part of living, as much as happiness, and its so common amongst people of a young age in their transition into adulthood - late teens, early to mid twenties etc, and I think thats what its all about, understanding who we are and what we want to do with our lives, and its also an important time because we're detatching from the nurturing and safety of our parents into quite a tough and challenging world/society!

I hope things improve for you, give it some more time and try to keep busy. Hopefully you remembered while on the antidepressents that life is worth living - that was a genuine thought and it will return and I'm so sure it will eventually form the foundation of your thought. As I say, it is a tough part in our lives and as you work through this depression and other problems, getting to the root and understanding them, you'll be understanding more about yourself and as a consequence will be building such a depth of character.

All the best mate.
Tim C

What's the name of that plant?

--------------------
I am Ubik. Before the universe was, I am. I made the suns. I made the worlds. I created the lives and the places they inhabit; I move them here, I put them there. They go as I say, they do as I tell them. I am the word and my name is never spoken, the name which no one knows. I am called Ubik, but that is not my name. I am. I shall always be.

OfflineMagillaGorilla
Cosmic Ape
Male

Loc: BC, Canada
    #3909958 - 03/12/05 11:51 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I quit 150mg of Effexor (I was on it for about a year) cold turkey, and for about a month or so I was really messed up; I came pretty close to doing all kinds of nasty things to myself. I've also experienced the symptoms you describe since I stopped taking the pills.

After that, I started seeing a mental health therapist. If you can afford it, or are covered by medical, I STRONGLY reccomend seeking this out; even though they can't *fix* you, it can work wonders.
I have crippling depression and anxiety problems (to the point where during which if I move from the fetal position on the couch, I am convinced I'm going to die/kill myself/whatever), and even though I still battle with this, therapy helps me cope very well.

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: MagillaGorilla]
    #3911372 - 03/13/05 12:35 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3912030 - 03/13/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Whenever a lifestyle change is made you MUST give your body and your mind time to adjust. You will probably notice a difference in your overall mode or type of energy.
If nothing else, spend the next several weeks in a self-improvement mode - eat the right foods consistently and give thanks for your meals. Secondly, excercise daily and always break a sweat and keep going. It could be jumping jacks/pushups/situps or jogging/roller blading/biking etc.
Listen to your conscience. It does speak.

InvisibleJoeChip
Entropy
Re: I hate this. I am zombified and have no emotion. [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3915624 - 03/14/05 09:36 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

drgonz said:
Try St. John's Wort. It seems to be working for me. And I just came off Paxil 3 weeks ago

St. John's Wort just made me angry and didn't improve anthing just like prozac did.

--------------------
I am Ubik. Before the universe was, I am. I made the suns. I made the worlds. I created the lives and the places they inhabit; I move them here, I put them there. They go as I say, they do as I tell them. I am the word and my name is never spoken, the name which no one knows. I am called Ubik, but that is not my name. I am. I shall always be.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I hate this. I am zombified and have no emotion. [Re: JoeChip]
    #3915956 - 03/14/05 11:15 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

lovely

--------------------

OfflinePsyhigh
Lost
Re: I hate this. I am zombified and have no emotion. [Re: JoeChip]
    #3926483 - 03/16/05 04:15 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

JoeChip said:

What's the name of that plant?

(source of 5-htp)
Griffonia simplicifolia

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I hate this. I am zombified and have no emotion. [Re: Psyhigh]
    #3976846 - 03/27/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Every goddamn book I read at the bookstore on depression is practically worthless. It seems to be a person who has never had derpession trying to characterize depression. Almost every single one of the books have a section about how SSRIs are effective treatment with little to no side effects. Bull fucking shit.

Have non-fiction books always been this skewed and false?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order